Hack of Metroid
Hack of Metroid
|Released By||Infinity's End|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||15 August 2012|
|Last Modified||19 June 2013|
Metroid Presented by the Metroid Database, or “MDbtroid” for short, is basically a graphical hack of the original NES game. The game has been improved upon in many different ways, including Samus’s animation cycle, redrawn and enlarged bosses, a beautiful new opening title screen, new ending graphics, new Suitless Samus sprites, and all the enemies have been carefully redrawn. See the included .txt file for more details on what else has been changed.
Here is a youtube video demonstration link below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qMaiRvphfq8
SO, WHAT’S NEW?
- New Title Screen
- New Story Screen
- New Ending Screen and sprites
- Redrawn Alpha-Numerical Characters
- Completely remade Samus sprite
- Completely remade Suit-less Samus sprite
- New palette for Samus (Yellow for Power suit and Orange for Varia)
- New palette for Suit-less Samus (Blonde/Green Hair; Orange outfit for Power suit, Magenta outfit for Varia)
Missiles On are depicted by a brighter visor/cannon (light green) for Suited Samus & hair/gun color change (purple) for Suit-less Samus
- Revamped Samus run animation
- New Chozo Statue & Item Orb
- New, larger Kraid
- New, larger Ridley
- New Mother Brain
- All other enemy sprites redrawn
- Items redrawn (missiles, powerups, etc.)
- Low Health alarm starts at 10 instead of 16
- Other minor tile/sprite changes (doors, HUD, etc.)
- Special Thanks/The End changed during End Credits
Level Design: Other than a few key rooms to enhance challenge and fun, the level design has generally not been altered as to keep the spirit of the original in-tact.
Note: Highly recommend using FCEUX as the emulator of choice for this hack. Be sure to turn on the “Allow more than 8 sprites per scan-line” option(located in ConfigVideo) to reduce flicker.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Metroid (U) [!].nes - (GOODNES 3.1)