News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The Dragon Force II Translation Project  (Read 71181 times)

butane bob

• View Profile
Re: The Dragon Force II Translation Project
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2011, 11:07:44 pm »
The swap trick doesn't hurt the saturn like it does the ps1, because the second you apply any pressure to the spinning disc the motor cuts out. Whereas on the ps1 is tries to keep going and ends up wearing it out fast.

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2011, 06:56:51 pm »
I can't verify the qaulity of the site or products but it looks like this place has some saturn mod chips in stock.

Saturnman

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2011, 10:49:59 pm »
Can I get somebody to burn this for me onto a dis Please, or give me the files and info I need to do it myself. I want to play it on my saturn....I joined this forum just for this.

CrowsSalvation

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2011, 09:45:51 pm »
Ever get anyone to try it out on a emulator yet? I'd be game to give it a go.

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2011, 06:49:22 pm »
Yup, it's been played on real hardware and on SSF, which is the only emulator that can play it fully (and even then, only on certain settings).

Saturnman, head on over to Verve Fanworks and we'll hook you up with what you need.
Verve Fanworks: We shall shew thee here the force of our arms!

Saturnman

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2011, 09:06:01 am »
Thank's faust my friend, it means worlds to me.

July 22, 2011, 09:17:37 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Faust it will not let me register on that sight at all mate, not a single attempt would work and I tried 5 times and used two different emails, can you email me the link to where I need to go or perhaps email my the files? My Email addy is :    it'smillertime1984@gmail.com   Help me Faustwolf kenobi...your my only hope!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:17:37 am by Saturnman »

CrowsSalvation

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2011, 10:21:45 am »
That is awesome then. Don't mind tweaking  a emulators options to get it to play something. Lord knows I done it enough with the Dreamcast and the Wii ones enough. lol

Saturnman

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2011, 11:08:19 am »
Got it working now Faust....now where do I go and what do I do mate lol? I'm so excited here I can barely wait to hear back from you.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:18:34 am by Saturnman »

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2011, 10:21:07 pm »
Saturnman, I think I sent you a PM over at Verve. Either that or it's someone whose username says that they're you. It's happened before.  :D

Looks like there'll be a delay, as Sixfortyfive just found us again and feels inspired to tackle script quality issues. We totally welcome more feedback, even in general terms, from the wider translation community on this if anyone sees fit to give advice. I think the issues Six points out will sound very familiar to experienced translation teams. It would be interesting to see different philosophies on this too.

We still need re-dump everything that's been inserted so far for quick perusal, but our collection of preview videos should provide a quick impression of how the script is shaping up currently.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:34:45 pm by FaustWolf »

Saturnman

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2011, 01:42:54 am »
Faust I didnt get anything, my username is saturnman.  :)

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2011, 06:28:07 pm »
Oh man, I sent it to someone who literally registered under the username "Imthesaturnman."   :laugh:

Okay, re-sent! Hopefully to you this time!

If we can pick up some more translation help with remaining non-critical gameplay text and Six has enough time to do his planned fine-tuning of the script inserted so far, an extra wait of a few weeks will be well worth it. If those things fall through, however, it's as good as it's going to get until the project brings in more translators, and worth releasing now for the extra oxygen it will bring IMO. We'll keep y'all posted.

murphy9926

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2011, 09:38:19 pm »
Ive been watching this spot for some time now and have begun to get excited hear recently...is there anyway I can get a crack at the translation?

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2011, 11:29:27 pm »
You certainly can, murphy! The Highland scenario is completely unclaimed, and we do have some straggling non-story dialogue (which would be good if you want to get your feet wet in something simpler first). Let me know which of these you'd be interested in tackling and I'll show you to the appropriate text dump!

Just to give everyone an update, Sixfortyfive and Sandslice are back in action (provided life doesn't swamp them again too quickly) and I want to give them some time to look over what's been completed so far, and suggest revisions to the script. In the meantime, everyone's free to grab the patches available for testers at Verve Fanworks. The project is currently in the state I planned to release originally; just hoping we can push it a little further now that things have changed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:46:54 pm by FaustWolf »

Zorg33

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2011, 09:55:17 am »
Hi there,

I am trying to get a patched version of DragonForce 2 to work on my Saturn, but I can't burn it for a start.
I've applied the patch following the Readme file included in the patch archive.
I used IsoBuster 2.8.5 to create the Bin/Cue files.

Tried to burn with Fireburner, I got an error message and could burn it.
Tried to burn the BIN file without using the cue file. Didn't work either.
My patched file weighs 611 028 432 Bytes.
Do I need to modify the CUE file?
Which burning software should I use?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Raph

omgmadmax

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2012, 10:06:36 pm »
hello first post and all. im sure you get asked alot but did a patch for dragon force 2 traslation ever get done. if so where can i find it. if not well hope it happens. tks fyi its for the iso of DF 2 played on an emulator. tks again

Validus

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2012, 07:35:47 pm »
did this get finished?

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2012, 07:47:43 pm »

Validus

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2012, 10:54:51 pm »
Im guessing not??

I know this site didnt host the Startling Odyssey 2 patch, nor Shadow Tower AByss a ps2 rpg

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2012, 07:44:55 pm »
Ooh, I want a mount like that. 

Hey madmax and Validus, a formal patch release through RHDN is on the way -- pretty embarrassing that I'm just over a year late on pushing it through the door after all the help we got translating the menus here last summer. At least we got lots of testing in in the meantime. I'm literally waiting for some new preview footage to upload as I type this, then it's on to making a better readme and doing one last pass for bug fixes. Should be this month at any rate.

Unfortunately the project as a whole is still very much unfinished. The majority of gameplay elements are in English, but the story dialogue still isn't included. This is as good as we can get it for now. I'm hoping a patch release, such as it is, will draw enough attention to get some more translators interested in coming on board.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:24:34 pm by FaustWolf »

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2012, 11:52:05 pm »
I'm hoping more translators are willing to come on board because this is one game I'm really excited about.