News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Polish Okami Translation  (Read 5127 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Polish Okami Translation
« on: August 31, 2009, 03:36:28 am »

Update By: Berion

Nearly 11 months have passed since we started work on the translation of the marvelous (yet, unfortunately, the last one) game from Clover Studio - Okami. We're pleased to deliver to you the first public version. The translation covers all the dialogs, menu, graphics and the outro movie. Additionally we have included a nice cracktro, which (we really do hope) everyone should find quite pleasing and entertaining (there is even drawing mini-game included and trophies/achievements to score).

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.okami.pl/)

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Re: Translations: Polish Okami Translation
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 03:38:32 am »
Very impressive :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, do you have screenshots of your intro? I don't want to burn a DVD just to look at it but I'm interested in seeing how it looks like (I obviously can't read Polish)
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

ffgriever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 04:06:35 am »
Thanks.

And no. We do not have screenshots of the intro as such. Yet, berion should have some concept arts, though they're not exactly what you would see in the app.

I'm planing to record a video and put it on youtube. It can take some time, though.

Anyway, the intro contains four different locations. Each has some common and unique achievements to score. Some of them are passive (something occurs, you just have to wait), others are interactive (you have to press R1 and draw with your brush using square button). The starting location is chosen by the current date and time. There are some rewards, like different music, additional sounds, ability to change locations, screen filters to turn on and off, etc. It takes just few minutes to complete. Obviously, you can press the start button anytime to launch the game ;).

PS. Something that we didn't write in the text above. The staff:

Norek - translation (dialogs),
me - translation (menu, descriptions, bestiary, items, etc.), coding, hacking,
Berion - graphics.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 04:15:57 am by ffgriever »

Berion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 04:16:37 am »
One of the screens (beta):

ffgriever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 06:08:35 pm »
It took quite a bit, but here it is. I've uploaded the intro video on youtube.

Sorry about the quality. My realtek hd audio has some weird problems with line in (the sound changes so much, that it's hard to compensate). The video quality is also poor (I used 10 or 11 years old bt878 based TV capture card). Deinterlacing plugin made the framerate up to 50fps (to preserve all the info), but I had to convert it back to 25. This made the the animation a little bit worse, but who cares ;).

The first part is a little bit long, because the intro won't let you go to another screen before the scrolling is complete (it will also take a little bit until solar eclipse is over). There is a presentation of the drawing mini-game and the default set of trophies (not all trophies and not all 'rewards' are used in this video). The sunrays were not included in the final version (the idea was great, but they look like crap).

It's nothing special, really. Yet it made the project complete (and adds some extra entertainment). The sound is played directly from the game's munge. I wrote quite nice cri adx/aixf adpcm player (working fully on IOP, but can be controlled from EE by rpc calls) that supports seamless loops, multiple tracks in aixfs and decrypting (the audio is encrypted using some simple xor/add/multiply algo - actually, just the scales are encrypted).

Anyway, the video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc5wWLZgY84
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 06:42:15 pm by ffgriever »

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 04:33:45 am »
Very cool stuff, thanks for the video. Makes me wish I'd know more MIPS :D
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.