News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: JPN Translations Project Updates  (Read 8453 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: JPN Translations Project Updates
« on: August 30, 2009, 09:15:56 pm »

Update By: nonme345

Recently, work was resumed on Famicom Detective Club. I am now  implementing a DTE routine again after a failed attempt. I have also resumed work on the X68K Emerald Dragon, in which I'm trying to figure out how to decode the script, and on Dragon Knight, in which I am redumping the scrips due to an annoying problem.

Relevant Link: (http://jpntrans.freehostia.com/)

demione

• View Profile
Re: Translations: JPN Translations Project Updates
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 01:00:11 pm »
Hell yes! Would love to play this game. I did some work on this game too after I got done translating the sequel back in the day. I didn't manage to get a DTE routine working either, but I did have some work done on tools & scripts. If you'd like to have them, let me know.

esperknight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 04:04:05 pm »
Pretty cool to see someone else working on the other systems.  If you need any help with Emerald Dragon let me know as I'm looking at a couple of the games on the X68K (My Eyes and The 4th Unit games).

Also for the PC98 games, be warned that Neko Tracer doesn't record all memory writes (not it's fault, it's the way Neko was coded as not all of the instructions call into the memory routines).  I noticed it when working with Giten Megami Tensei (had hacked the PC version so curious to see if I could learn how the PC98 works through it).  I'm looking into updating it for these missing memory writes (and reads).

Also for the PC88 games, if your interested I've compiled a build of M88 with the cpu logging enabled (it's version 2.19a though as I couldn't find the source for the newest).  I haven't tested it fully out yet but it appears to work fine.

golden

• View Profile
    • Mare Incognitum
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 04:31:45 pm »
Quote from: esperknight
I'm looking into updating it for these missing memory writes (and reads).

That would be great! The PC98 really needs a better debugger, although Neko Tracer is certainly helpful, it still lacks a breakpoint feature for instance.

dshadoff

• View Profile
    • Homepage (really old)
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 05:46:50 pm »
I was able to get the text extracted for the PC Engine version of Emerald Dragon (with a few hints from Nightcrawler) - not sure, but maybe that information woudl help with getting the X68000 script extracted too.

(It's a standard LZSS with a 256-byte buffer and nybble-size sequence identifiers, but the "real values" of the offset and length information need to be adjusted slightly from standard).

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 10:36:05 pm »
I'm pretty sure most Emerald Dragon releases were ports, so I suppose all of the games are pretty similar. I hear the best port is for the FM-Towns, which D has been adamant abput or something.

nonme345

• View Profile
    • JPN Translations
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 05:45:49 am »
website is out?

Hmm, no. I don't have any significant problems with my website, for now.

gamer_boy

• View Profile
    • Po.B.R.E. RomHackers
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 12:55:53 am »
I've tested again and shows the same error.

I got a ninjaproxy and it works, strange.

Is possible to host in another host?

nonme345

• View Profile
    • JPN Translations
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 06:39:49 am »
I got a ninjaproxy and it works, strange.

If that's the case, your country is probably blocking freehostia, and all of the sites under it.