News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 7919 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: August 30, 2009, 11:33:36 am »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/trans/)

heratio

• View Profile
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:18:53 pm »
I was trying out Shinsenden and I ran into several problems.  I am able to play the game on NESten without any problems but I am unable to play it on VirtualNES at all which says the header is illegal and mapper 129 is unsupported.  Nestopia says the file header is unknown and garbage data but it will play the game.  NESten plays the game without any complaints.  As long as the game works I am happy, but I thought I would let the creator of the patch know about it.  Thanks for your hard work. 

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:02:34 pm »
We haven't changed the mapper for that game so I think, that's emulator problem. I've tried that on Nestopia and it played. FCEUD is the best though. 

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:17:50 pm »
It probably is garbage text in the header. Open a hex editor and zero-out offsets 0x00008 to 0x0000F.
Mapper 129 is often a header corruption result of mapper 1, so you could try zero-out offset 0x00007.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

heratio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 11:53:26 pm »
I just got to the second chapter and went to the throne room after a battle to fight off some invaders and the game just went NUTS.  All kinds of numbers with different colors scrolling all over the screen.  I'm using VirtualNES.  I guess maybe I'll try to do a hard save and switch to another emulator. 

This game could really use a small FAQ describing what items do and weapon stats.

EDIT: I can't do a hard save without going back quite a distance since the leader of the first town appears to be the only one that can save and where I am currently at he is unavailable.  I relied too much on save states  Well if you have any suggestions let me know.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:08:01 am by heratio »

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 08:16:09 am »
I just got to the second chapter and went to the throne room after a battle to fight off some invaders and the game just went NUTS.  All kinds of numbers with different colors scrolling all over the screen.  I'm using VirtualNES.  I guess maybe I'll try to do a hard save and switch to another emulator. 

This game could really use a small FAQ describing what items do and weapon stats.

EDIT: I can't do a hard save without going back quite a distance since the leader of the first town appears to be the only one that can save and where I am currently at he is unavailable.  I relied too much on save states  Well if you have any suggestions let me know.
Redownload the patch - I've solved that problem in the latest version.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:21:22 am by aishsha »

heratio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 06:45:46 pm »
Thanks, whatever you fixed allowed me to progress with the game thanks.

stahl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 07:45:01 pm »
I'm having the exact same problem with Shinsenden and the patch on the site doesn't fix the problem.  Game goes nuts during the beginning of the second chapter.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 09:50:50 am »
I'm having the exact same problem with Shinsenden and the patch on the site doesn't fix the problem.  Game goes nuts during the beginning of the second chapter.
I've answered your PM already, so there was no need posing this in so many places :) The patch on RHDN works. Checked just now. It is updated patch. Download it - you may have the old one. The only thing which comes to mind - try saving BEFORE going to King Byakko and after killing Garuda. The game loads the data before the sprites for the screen, as far as I remember. Anyway - I've just tried the patch from RHDN on nestopia and several FCEUD versions - it works.

Patch the game and if you started and saved with the older patch (and that's what you did, as I see), you need the save state from this place or before that - I've had mine from the beginning of the Chapter 2:

Here's the proof that it actually works later and the glitch is gone:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:21:27 pm by aishsha »

tcaudilllg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 10:37:19 pm »
Looking forward to Sorcerian!

Stabwound

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 10:16:46 pm »
I'll add Shinsenden to my "to play" list..... I'm a sucker for DQ-ripoff NES games.  ;D