News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dragon Quest 5 for PS2 now in English!  (Read 46439 times)

isamu

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Dragon Quest 5 for PS2 now in English!
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 06:39:12 am »
I would just like to give a very sincere and humble thank you to DQ5r and the remaining coders and programmers responsible for this translation. It is really appreciated.

I just ordered the game off ebay. I have generally stopped playing RPGs altogether, but this is one rpg I will try to play, after being blown away by the SNES original many years ago.

I have a question....how well does this game run in the PCSX2 emulator? Are there any graphical or gameplay glitches? Has anyone managed to complete it using the emu? Do save states work?

dq5r

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 09:15:20 am »
I would just like to give a very sincere and humble thank you to DQ5r and the remaining coders and programmers responsible for this translation. It is really appreciated.

I just ordered the game off ebay. I have generally stopped playing RPGs altogether, but this is one rpg I will try to play, after being blown away by the SNES original many years ago.

I have a question....how well does this game run in the PCSX2 emulator? Are there any graphical or gameplay glitches? Has anyone managed to complete it using the emu? Do save states work?

It runs ok.  You'd have to ask around for the best configuration. (to have the least graphical/gameplay issues)  Completion is possible and save states work.

That being said, the best way to play is on the PS2.  A memory card with free McBoot and you are set. ^.^

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2010, 10:50:28 am »
Or a magic swap 3.6 (~$20-30) if you're an idiot like me :( But it works well enough, in case the McBoot thing doesn't work.
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.