News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: dejap.com dead, update your links!  (Read 15051 times)

Kronus_Arm

• Act like a baddass, whine like a sissy.
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: dejap.com dead, update your links!
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 02:53:34 pm »
I haven't heard from DF pretty much since I made that post, but then again we weren't exactly chat buddies when not talking about Star Ocean. 8p Mainly a "business" relationship.

He seemed fine to me when I met him around that time, and I have no doubt he's doing well by himself, just retired from ROMhacking.

I quite liked the PSP port; the only problem is that it plays almost identically to SO2, meaning I have to wait a while between playing the two games since it's like playing one huge game with the same system.

Glad to hear he's fine, but does he still use the internet? How old exactly is he? There are only few remaining legendary ROM Hackers these days...

DQ Chao284

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 02:19:24 am »
I haven't heard from DF pretty much since I made that post, but then again we weren't exactly chat buddies when not talking about Star Ocean. 8p Mainly a "business" relationship.

He seemed fine to me when I met him around that time, and I have no doubt he's doing well by himself, just retired from ROMhacking.

I quite liked the PSP port; the only problem is that it plays almost identically to SO2, meaning I have to wait a while between playing the two games since it's like playing one huge game with the same system.

Glad to hear he's fine, but does he still use the internet? How old exactly is he? There are only few remaining legendary ROM Hackers these days...

Well I do know that _Neil(currently a mod here) is one of those who was involved also, just wonder if he will reply to this, and I need to note in question if there maybe a future translation group working with Damaraman on any other DQ projects, knowing that RPGone, DeJap, and NoProgress were the groups that focused mainly on Dragon Quest?

noneother

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 11:45:18 am »
What about Star Ocean?! Noooo!!!

is DarkForce still alive?

The PSP port sucks!
What about Star Ocean? The translation's complete.

I do agree that the PSP remake sucks, though.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 12:33:45 pm »
I guess. It's too bad SO2 PSP wasn't given nearly as high of budget as SO1. Prerendered backgrounds just don't look good on the PSP.

noneother

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 09:37:30 am »
I guess. It's too bad SO2 PSP wasn't given nearly as high of budget as SO1. Prerendered backgrounds just don't look good on the PSP.
Not sure I get your point. SO1 PSP also had pre-rendered backgrounds...

Kronus_Arm

• Act like a baddass, whine like a sissy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 04:54:32 pm »
But they said in the Readme that they dummied out items so how will I enjoy gameplay?