News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Castle Shikigami 1 [Shikigami no Shiro] : Released!  (Read 36166 times)

Auryn

• View Profile
Hi Esperknight,
if u are talking about the parts i translated already, they are all inside the executable.
To find the ingame text was easy by studing the files name and drastically rename the files on the pc version till the game crashed/freezed or just not continue on the first dialog of Hiro.
Then look inside that file to see that (like the whole serie), every file has many more sub-files inside of them and all the pointers at the beginning of the file (some have even 2 pointer tables if i saw it right). So i started put some zeros on each pointed part inside the file till the text gliched.
Latelly (and probably for the next 2 months) i will be pretty busy in rl but if u could compile your decompressor for window, we could try on the file part that I have pointed out. If it's working, i will give u more details about the file format so that u could complete your decompressor in decompressing all sub-file inside a file by reading the pointers. Like that it will be faster to find the rest of the text and other texts/graphics that need translation.

esperknight

• View Profile
Hey Auryn,
I got that far too although very different method (I did it the much harder way now that I remember a bit more... I looked at the last file read... can't remember the file name (wasn't it kuga something?  I don't believe it was named after the guy from what I remember...) though for which one had the text.  I should've thought of that below (just renaming the files) but ah well :)  I believe mine already breaks apart the file and everything... can't remember if I was lazy or not though (which is possible) as I might have just extracted the one piece to test my decompression algorithm.  You wouldn't happen to know how to find the bit depth and height and width would you yet though?  I haven't scoped out the directx functions to see if I can find it that way yet.

Auryn

• View Profile
Actually it's the first time for me too but that should not really be sooooo complicated.
Many image formats have those informations (hxb/depth) in the header or they are somehow in the bytes that i was modifying for the screens above.
So we should check the header in the decompressed sub-file (if they have one).
The arcade version is on Taito GNET system, based on a R3000 processor (should be very similar to the PSX and maybe narrow down what format the images are).
GNET Spec can be found here: http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=672
SnS should be running in a vertical raster 640x480 @ 60.000000 Hz (infos here: http://maws.mameworld.info/minimaws/set/shikigam) this means that if that image format doesn't have a header, at least we can probably narrow down the dimentions by comparing the dimentions on screen.

Umm u want to rip/track the directx to see how the image is displayed??
I belive that maybe this can be usefull then: http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

cj iwakura

• The Rhythm Rogue
    • View Profile
    • iwakura.productions
Kuga's the main character, if that helps.  The guy shown above.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past

Auryn

• View Profile
Thanks CJ..it was a typo some post again heheh.

Do u have a complete text dump and translation of the in-game text on paper/in your pc??

Will u create the new pics with the translated text?? U will probably need to create them with a program that can work with transparency like Photoshop/Gimp/Paintshop (not comfirmed yet).

cj iwakura

• The Rhythm Rogue
    • View Profile
    • iwakura.productions
Text dump, yes. Translation, no. Still being worked on. Kuga's is almost done.

9inchsamurai

• View Profile
Hey there. I finished Kuga up to Stage 4 and started working on Sayo's dialog as well. One thing I need to point out though is that site you linked earlier only goes up to stage 4 out of 5, so I don't have all the dialog in the game. There's also all the text for the non-dialog stuff, which I don't have any of either.

Auryn

• View Profile
I belive that the most of the non-dialog text is self explainatory apart maybe the weapon"tutorial".
I'm still busy and still not go that decompressor. If no other text dump is found, we can make screens by plaing the game or by just dump the rest of the text with the decompressor.
Anyway i belive that u have enougth translations to do till u run out of text heheh.

cj iwakura

• The Rhythm Rogue
    • View Profile
    • iwakura.productions
Yeah, we're not TOO worried about the non-story text. It's pretty self-explanatory.

9inchsamurai

• View Profile
Another translation update: I've finished Saya's dialog and started on Gennojo's. I also realized that the script I'm working with doesn't include the dialog with the sixth character, Tagami. I know that she doesn't personally say anything, but it seems that each boss does have unique dialog for her.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
Try this site instead?
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

cj iwakura

• The Rhythm Rogue
    • View Profile
    • iwakura.productions
Very nice, thanks. If it's a script, Japan has something documenting it, it seems. :P

9inchsamurai

• View Profile
Wow it's been over half a year since this got any posts. Between finishing college and getting a job, I can now understand how a game can go so long without getting any work done  :(. Anyway, when I stopped working on the script I had a little over half of it done. I'm going to finish the script during the week and I'll post what I have finished. Hopefully we can raise this back from the dead?

cj iwakura

• The Rhythm Rogue
    • View Profile
    • iwakura.productions
Well, I won't give up if my team doesn't, that's for sure.

Heck, I still won't. :P

Auryn

• View Profile
I am still waiting for that famous decompressor  :angel:

esperknight

• View Profile
Possibly you'll get one day ;)  I swore I sent that last time you reminded me...

Auryn

• View Profile
I believe you but saddly it's looking like the project is born under a bad star....check your mails  :banghead:

cj iwakura

• The Rhythm Rogue
    • View Profile
    • iwakura.productions
Every Shikigami game is cursed.

This one? No (proper) localization.

2? worst localization ever.

3? 360 US release denied.

3's gotten off the lightest, I think.

9inchsamurai

• View Profile
I've got all of the dialogue translated...kind of. I looked back at my earlier work and it's in really jumbled English that doesn't actually make sense. So, I feel compelled to go through it and give it another run through so someone could actually read logical conversations. This game has deceptively complex dialogue for a shmup. Part of that is because there's not a lot of context inherent in the genre.

cj iwakura

• The Rhythm Rogue
    • View Profile
    • iwakura.productions
That's Shikigami for you. Nothing new to the series. I'm sure I'd understand a lot of it, since I'm familiar with the series plot(s).

Send what you have my way?

May 27, 2011, 02:24:07 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Mad progress. Pending touch-up work and clarifications, the script is now 72% done. (All we have left are Gennojo Hyuga and Tagami, the silent Elemental Gearbolt cameo character.)

All we have to figure out now is the coding. :P
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:24:07 pm by cj iwakura »