News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: The Acala Legend AKA Fudou Myouou Den Translation Released  (Read 5531 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Pennywise

The translation for The Acala Legend AKA Fudou Myouou Den has been released. The game was released in America as Demon Sword, but in a watered-down version. Now play the full version of the game.

In other news, Ganbare Goemon 2 is nearing completion and a release is not far off.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://yojimbo.eludevisibility.org/AcalaLegend/AcalaLegend.html)

zera9924

• View Profile
Good job. :thumbsup:

Been looking forward to this for a while.
"Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto." --Terentius (ca. 190 - 160 B.C.E.)

ramkhamhaeng

• View Profile
Very cool. Good job!

Nec5

• It was fun until humorlessness won out.
    • View Profile
Wow.  I remember playing and finishing the American release.  Nicely done.
When Reason Fails

RetroProf

• View Profile
Re: Translations: The Acala Legend AKA Fudou Myouou Den Translation Released
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 07:31:36 am »
I realise this is a massive bump, but I had a question.

I patched this for use on my Powerpak coming next week, and despite the extra promised content, I don't actually like the original Japanese game. You die in one hit!

Is there any way to implement the easier difficulty and lifebar of the US release in the Japanese version which has more content? Or is it a case of playing one or the other? Because I doubt I'll even be able to see these extra 6 levels. :(

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Re: Translations: The Acala Legend AKA Fudou Myouou Den Translation Released
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 09:02:07 pm »
Personally, I found the game to be way too long for my tastes so those extra stages made the game all the more redundant etc.

Anyway, I don't doubt I could hack the Japanese version to be like the US for the difficulty, but that's not what I do and/or care about.

You're just gonna have to pick one or other unless you find someone interested and capable of doing that hack.