News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: News from the Romhacking Aerie  (Read 17855 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: News from the Romhacking Aerie
« on: August 02, 2009, 01:23:13 am »

Update By: KaioShin

The Romhacking Aerie was just updated with a really big news post.

The various topics:

• New project announcement: Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2 PSX
  • Xenosaga I+II DS
  • Oriental Blue
  • Tales of Innocence
  • Devil Children - Ice Book
  • Super Robot Wars J

All the projects are progressing smoothly and a few reached major milestones. For more details and a ton of screenshots please visit the page directly.

Also, we're looking for a kind person who'd volunteer to create a new site theme for us (Wordpress). If you'd like to help out, please get in touch!

Relevant Link: (http://kaioshin.romhacking.net/)

snesmaster40

• View Profile
Re: Translations: News from the Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 06:27:57 am »
Awesome news. I also just noticed that Tyria has translated 75% of SRWF so go Tyria the machine!  :D
Are we not men?

Crysta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 08:47:31 am »
Monsters 1+2 now as well? Sweet. :D

spencer5976

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 09:29:15 am »
Thank you god, Ive been waiting for someone to do DQM forever.

Metal Knuckles

• WE MUST GATTAI
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 11:36:15 am »
And still nothing on Haruhi Suzumiya - Ace Attorney.  :'(

knighTeen87

• No More Room In Hell
    • View Profile
    • My personal site with Rom Hacks&Translations,Neo Geo Soundtracks,PSX Isos,CT 2007 Hack and more...t
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 11:50:54 am »
I'm really excited about Dragon Quest Monsters translation!I hope this translation finishes in a short time unlike Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest(There is no progress of that project from christmas)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 12:05:02 pm by knighTeen87 »

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 12:03:08 pm »
And still nothing on Haruhi Suzumiya - Ace Attorney.  :'(

Well the original translator vanished over a year ago. Tom might finish the rest that's left some day if he as nothing else to do, but the rate he's going through projects and starting new ones right after, I wouldn't count on it being anytime soon.

Quote from: snesmaster40
Awesome news. I also just noticed that Tyria has translated 75% of SRWF so go Tyria the machine!

Heh, there is still a ton of hacking to be done, which is also why there weren't new screenshots and ultimately why I didn't specifically mention it. It's being worked on, but the focus is on J for now.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

SerenadeDS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 12:48:10 pm »
Oh my god, that post has made my day. Look at those beautiful DQM 1+2 screenshots. It's nice to know everything else is going on smoothy as well.

I wish you and your team the best of luck, KaioShin.

knighTeen87

• No More Room In Hell
    • View Profile
    • My personal site with Rom Hacks&Translations,Neo Geo Soundtracks,PSX Isos,CT 2007 Hack and more...t
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 12:53:31 pm »
Kaio,i don't want to rush you but how much percent completed of DQM 1+2 translation?I'm really excited about that as Dragon Quest fan

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 02:03:25 pm »
*Looks at the DQM1+2 nearly-just-started save file* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-!! Well, I can always play it in Japanese now and in English later. I beat DQM for GBC already anyways and despite having gotten far in DQM2 for GBC, I'm still pretty much in the beginning.

And either way, SRWJ will probably catch my attention once it's done... Or this Oriental Blue game. Looks good.

Maybe I'll play this version of Xenosaga once you guys get through with it.

...You guys are starting to seem like AGTP... O_o
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

liquidocelot201

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 03:45:16 pm »
All of this is amazing news. And to top it off, someone's finally translating SRWF.

getter77

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 04:35:35 pm »
Wow...how in the world did I miss the very existend of DQM games on a PS?  Jeez am I behind the curve!

Great to see progress on all the new games, especially looking forward to the SRW fare I suppose.  In the end, what were the differences relative to the lot of it anyhow on the various version/ports of SRW F and such?

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 08:16:33 pm »
It's not that uncommon. DQM for PSX doesn't seem to be too well known by English speaking DQ fans. I learned of its existence like... last year maybe.
Who will quote me next?

snesmaster40

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 06:39:28 am »
Quote from: snesmaster40
Awesome news. I also just noticed that Tyria has translated 75% of SRWF so go Tyria the machine!

Heh, there is still a ton of hacking to be done, which is also why there weren't new screenshots and ultimately why I didn't specifically mention it. It's being worked on, but the focus is on J for now.

Oh yeah of course, but having someone translate the script is one of those big things that are needed in these translation projects.
Are we not men?

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 10:35:18 am »
I had somehow not realized that Kaioshin changed his avatar. I was looking all over for his post (and a little after clicking snesmaster's link.

But maybe Tyria's script isn't inserted into the game yet. The script needs to be hacked in.
Who will quote me next?

knighTeen87

• No More Room In Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 06:59:29 pm »
It's not that uncommon. DQM for PSX doesn't seem to be too well known by English speaking DQ fans. I learned of its existence like... last year maybe.
No we know it :) but there are lots DQ games out there that just released for Japan.We have been waiting for this DQM1+2 translation over years as well as with DQ4 on psx and DQ5 on ps2.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 01:07:42 am »
Hi, I'm the guy who's been translating DQM 1+2 (along with Devil Children and Oriental Blue, which already have been translated but aren't ready for a release yet).

I couldn't give you a good percentage of how much text has been done in DQM, but a decent amount of the text has been translated in part 1, and only a small bit of part 2, but most importantly, almost all of the boring menu stuff has been done for both of the games. That's the hardest part of the translation! (Dealing with all of that tedious stuff!) The battle text has also been translated, but it's FULL of errors because the Japanese sentences are broken into fragments at times. The menu and story files that I've translated add up altogether to 444 k of text, but this is only a drop in the bucket. I'm guessing that it may be 1.5 to 2 megs altogether, but that's only a hunch. If you conservatively round up and say it might be a 2.5 meg script (Wow.), then that would mean the translation is a little over 20% completed, and that's probably a fair guess.

But in any case, I will be moving in less than a week, and it'll be a while before I can get back into the swing of things, so it may be a couple of months before you start seeing any more progress on DQM. In the meantime, I'm hoping that Kingcom and Kaioshin can crack down on Oriental Blue and Ice Book!

Soluzar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 03:31:29 pm »
Hi, I'm the guy who's been translating DQM 1+2 (along with Devil Children and Oriental Blue, which already have been translated but aren't ready for a release yet).
You certainly are working on an impressive résumé, sir.  :D

nectarsis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 11:05:04 pm »
Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2 PSX
Xenosaga I+II DS
Oriental Blue

BOWS to you guys.  Was hoping that Xenosaga, and even more so Oriental Blue would one day be done...this made my day.