News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: MegaED X, the Megaman X hacking tool (Now with MMX2 support)  (Read 117130 times)

Xeeynamo

• View Profile
Re: [0.7.1] Megaman X Editor (January/24/2010)
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2010, 03:08:20 pm »

Try to move your rom in C:\ unit and rename it as lol.smc. It's an issuse of 0.7.0 version :S that I've correct on 0.7.1 version

Moving the editing rom and renaming it does nothing. Also, sorry--I actually looked into 7.1 and I don't see any difference.

Could I use any 6.x version please?
I don't have 0.6.x version or older sorry =(. However I've uploaded a fixed version on my official website, try it. You can see the checksum editor in "level layout". Sorry for the mistake >.<

Zealous98

• View Profile
Re: [0.7.1] Megaman X Editor (January/24/2010)
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2010, 11:30:10 pm »

I don't have 0.6.x version or older sorry =(. However I've uploaded a fixed version on my official website, try it. You can see the checksum editor in "level layout". Sorry for the mistake >.<

Ah! Okay, so the checkpoint editor was in the level layout editor. It just was not available yet.
Thanks very much! Now I can start my little project...

Xeeynamo

• View Profile
Re: [0.7.1] Megaman X Editor (January/26/2010)
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2010, 06:40:47 am »
In these days I'm learning the 65C816 assembly and I'm programming a little interpreter in C#. This will be a lot useful because if the pointers in the rom or the various algorithm will be changed, the editor will read with successful the rom. Try to image to move the layout of the levels in another location of the rom (for example in 0x180000 offset) and change the pointer that load the layouts: my editor will be read the levels on the new location! 6 months ago I was a bit n00b with the programming and Megaman X Editor was based on fixed addresses. Maybe I can say that my editor was only a proof of concept of a full Megaman X Editor. However with the new version of MMXEditor we could have support also for MMX2 and MMX3 (maybe also MM7 and Rockman & Bass if these are based on the same engine of MMX).
Stay tuned, new informations will be release soon ;)

justin3009

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2010, 09:32:24 am »
Wow..it's been 6 months already since you released this? Wow...Where has time gone.

Either way, I'm excited for this!  It's amazing :3
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2010, 03:43:41 pm »
Awesome.  I'm really looking forward to this.  (Maybe I'll be able to make a version of MMX 3 that I can beat without save states...)

slidelljohn

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2010, 10:31:47 pm »
release the source we need to complete this  :banghead:

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2010, 11:21:45 pm »
Calm down. Just because he hasn't posted about it since February doesn't mean the project is dead or he isn't working on it. Be patient and appreciative. Sheesh.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

MikeVincent

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2010, 06:07:16 am »
Calm down. Just because he hasn't posted about it since February doesn't mean the project is dead or he isn't working on it. Be patient and appreciative. Sheesh.

~DS

but he hasn't ben online since april... i think this one is kinda dead already. shame...

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2010, 02:09:33 pm »

~DS

but he hasn't ben online since april... i think this one is kinda dead already. shame...
So what? Some people have lives outside of Romhacking. He could've gotten a promotion at work, or he might be having a hard time at school or something. Given the amount of progress he's made so far, saying that this project is "Dead" is stupid. He'll be back and he'll finish it. Just be patient.

~DS

za909

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2010, 12:41:51 am »
Yeah,this project is ultra cool anyways
Do it,or don't do it,but never try!

Xeeynamo

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2010, 05:01:56 am »
I'm not dead ;) I'm only busy. I had promise that a new Megaman X Editor will be released. The previous editor was written in C#, a language program that work over an virtual machine and this cause a bit slow programs based on it. I've decided to rewritten all the code in C++ and in last 3 weeks I'm studied the WinApi32. The result? I'm developing now an editor like before but is 800+% fastest than MMXE.

Now I want to develope an tile editor (like sprite editor of MMXE) but I don't know how to create it  :-\ I can't zoom an image in a window. After I'll implement the reading of layout of the level, an map 16x16 and 32x32 editor and I want to resolve a damn bug that occur when I open 2 times the "open file" dialog

slidelljohn

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2010, 06:57:40 am »
Your the best Xeeynamo. 8)
Thanks for the update and keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

za909

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2010, 03:04:02 pm »
It only needs one feature:
Enemy editor
Do it,or don't do it,but never try!

Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2010, 07:19:32 pm »
Hmm... Well, you've managed to really improve the speed, but you can get it to be much faster. For one, you should make it load an entire tileset and store it in an image, including one with the numbers (But create this the first time a user checks the checkbox). Then, set your picturebox's image to that and there will be no lag or flicker. If tilesets are the same throughout rooms (And from my experience with MegaMan XTreme, they're not. Some tiles differ) then you can cache them all and just recall them later.

Xeeynamo

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2010, 03:45:16 pm »
Hmm... Well, you've managed to really improve the speed, but you can get it to be much faster. For one, you should make it load an entire tileset and store it in an image, including one with the numbers (But create this the first time a user checks the checkbox). Then, set your picturebox's image to that and there will be no lag or flicker. If tilesets are the same throughout rooms (And from my experience with MegaMan XTreme, they're not. Some tiles differ) then you can cache them all and just recall them later.
Thanks for the advice but I'm using a different system. MegaED X decompress the tiles in a vram space and transform the colors to an x86 readable format storing them in a cache long 512 byte. After the editor take the sprite and render it with the palette selected and display the bitmap. Yes, your trick is for a quickly load but a set of 0x400 tiles in bitmap format stored in a image on ram? 0x400 * 8*8 * 4 * 8 (tiles * width * height * bpp * NofPalettes) is 2mb of ram. If you use 16bit depth you will use 1mb of ram. With my system you will use 512byte of cache for 16palettes and 32kb (0x400 * 8 * 8 / 2) for vram that will contain the tiles in 4bpp and in raw format. Maybe your trick is a bit more faster but use more ram and is less flessible.
Picturebox? There's a system that is more faster for display images and it's called BitBlt (I've learned it with C++ and WinApi) but is a bit harder to use it

godagarah

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2010, 09:57:49 pm »
Any updates? Id like the features to move capsules and the hadouken capsule to not need to be activated in a special way!

EDIT: and to be able to keep the hadouken upgrade after it is collected through passwords and x2 and x3 support and the ability to keep the light armor and hadouken from x1 in x2 by using password from x1 and the ability to keep the Shouryuken upgrade after it is collected through passwords in x2 and the ability to keep the light armor and hadouken from x1 in x3 by using password from x1 and the ability to keep the max armor and Shouryuken from x2 in x3 by using password from x2 and the ability to keep the light armor and hadouken from x1 and the ability to keep the max armor and Shouryuken from x2 in x3 by using the complete mixed password and to be able to keep the hyper chip in x3 by using a password and the ability to select armors in x2 and x3 normal armor light armor in x1 with the addition of the max armor in x2 with the addition of the giga armor in x3 and cant collect armor unless normal!

wheeze....
..dies....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:53:45 am by godagarah »

Jandazekon

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2010, 05:59:38 am »
I would like to use graphics/sounds/musics from old megaman games.

Zealous98

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2010, 05:17:23 pm »
Dude, guys, he's not HACKING the game, he's making a hacking tool. Doing weird things like improving the password system is not part of the goal. And anyway, the editor can only interface with Megaman X. Its sequels will require a fresh approach. I wouldn't expect Xeeynamo to work on them anytime soon if he's not even satisfied with the first one.

Also, inputting graphics can be done with a program like TileLayerPro. It's a lot of work, but you don't need a multi-purpose editor to do it. In fact, the editor's functions, so far, don't accommodate that kind of project very well.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2010, 08:02:22 pm »
Dude, guys, he's not HACKING the game, he's making a hacking tool. Doing weird things like improving the password system is not part of the goal. And anyway, the editor can only interface with Megaman X. Its sequels will require a fresh approach. I wouldn't expect Xeeynamo to work on them anytime soon if he's not even satisfied with the first one.

Also, inputting graphics can be done with a program like TileLayerPro. It's a lot of work, but you don't need a multi-purpose editor to do it. In fact, the editor's functions, so far, don't accommodate that kind of project very well.
Actually, many of the things they did in X2 and X3 are the same as they were in X. The dialogue system, for instance. Almost-exactly (if not -exactly-) the same.

~DS

justin3009

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2010, 09:01:07 pm »
The biggest difference I've seen between X and X2 or X3 is the SPC Core.  It's slightly different too the point so you can't import music from the first game to the 2nd or 3rd.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'