News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2867049 times)

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #7860 on: December 01, 2021, 05:17:35 am »
A new bugfix for Suikoden (PSX).

Along with everything that Pyriel already fixed:

-Clean up the entire script to read much more smoothly.

-Switch the names of Earth and Wind Rune Pieces (as per the Tablet of Stones).

-Fix a glitch where someone might replace someone else (such as Pahn replacing Gremio, Gremio replacing Tir, or Ted replacing Cleo).  (This tends to happen only randomly when you load a save file, so it won’t be all too easy to actually replicate, but it only happened to me several times early in the game (no further than Kwaba).)

-Fix Marco's coin game to run on the same RNG as everything else, instead of its own that gets reset whenever you quit and play again.

-Eliminate the “sweet spot” in chinchirorin (mentioned in the series' Game Breaker page on TV Tropes, under “General”).

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/GameBreaker/Suikoden

-Correct the entry points on the first balcony in Moravia Castle.

-Enable the Holy element in battle for Fukien's Punishment and Viktor's Star Dragon Sword.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/guides/initial.php

-Anything else you might aware of.

the_grobe

• View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: December 01, 2021, 08:53:33 am »
I would love to see an updated hack of Star Ocean (SNES):

-an english patch for Magno's spanish translation (english translation already exists)
-a few graphics would need to be editted (yes/no bubbles, etc.)
-intro sequence would also need translated (from spanish, at this point)

Magno's hack fixes a bunch of bugs and eccentricities, and is generally a big improvement over the hacking done in dejaps translation.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 10:50:14 pm by the_grobe »

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: December 01, 2021, 11:32:40 am »
Improve the AI behavior of Partner allies in Phantasy Star Portable, in the retail release, your allies don't attack enemies unless you and your allies are near one, and to make matters worse when the enemies are far away and throwing long range attacks, allies only stand still and just serves as meat shields. hopefully someone could make a hack that makes allies recognize enemy placements, choose a weapon to use depending on enemy type and attack them automatically like they're supposed to do instead of standing still catching long range enemy shots. Although you have allies with you, this game makes you feel like you're the only one doing all the dirty work and having allies being pointless.   

Might be more of a partial fix but finding the awareness/lock on range of your AI companions is probably within reason, and is ultimately likely to be a simple number rather than some kind of complicated range-weapon choice calculation you get to program in assembly and layer on top of existing AI routines to do what you describe (though if you did the former you could probably return with the latter).

I can probably cook up a method to do it via things with cheat search (don't know if it would be enemy health or I would try moving pixel by pixel to get into range) but if I were doing it for me I would probably go via graphics -- attacking is a different graphic and involves movement, anything moving them other than whatever idle animations there are will come as a result of range calculation somewhere in the not too distant past. https://www.romhacking.net/documents/361/ is for the GBA and a command line effort, however adapting something similar for the DS OAM or 3d systems is not so bad.

someitalian123

• View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: December 01, 2021, 10:51:05 pm »
It would be cool if someone could hack the Saturn version of Mortal Kombat II to replace the music with the arcade soundtrack.

Cris1997XX

• View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: December 02, 2021, 02:14:38 pm »
It'd be great to have a hack which adds Ms Pac-Man to Pac-Man Collection on GBA. I checked the ROM's size and it's right a bit over 4MB, so there's still a lot of space for other titles. Ms Pac Man is in both Namco Museum(s), so I assume it would be easy to rip the game
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 04:50:08 am by Cris1997XX »

papermanzero

• View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: December 03, 2021, 04:14:21 pm »
Is it possible to convert the Shin Megami Tensei I and II SNES translations from Aeon Genesis to a No-Intro Dump?
If you use the translation patches with No-Intro Dumps it does not work at all currently.

the_grobe

• View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: December 03, 2021, 06:37:17 pm »
works fine here.  are you using the addendum patch?  if not, make sure the rom you have is headered.  you can add a header to your no-intro rom, and it'll work fine.  alternatively, you can use Orden's addendum patch (recommended), which fixes bugs and cleans up the text.  that patch can be applied to a no-header rom, so your no-intro rom will work just fine as is.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 12:30:47 pm by the_grobe »

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: December 05, 2021, 01:51:37 am »
Here's something I wanted to ask: I have been wanting to switch 2 cutscenes for the Mega Man X3 English Sega Saturn release with the ones with Japanese music (mostly cause I'm a sucker for Anime music). However, I have no skill to do that. Do you think it may be possible for someone to do that (let alone put the relocalized retranslation of the game in the Saturn version)? Thought I'd ask

VIVIDRAGE

• View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: December 05, 2021, 07:37:12 am »
Ys origin ported to psp..

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #7869 on: December 06, 2021, 08:31:35 am »
Earthbound [SNES]

Here are some changes I'd like to combine into a hack I commissioned someone for, before I release it here:

-Upon selecting an item, set the cursor to whoever has it.

-Allow players to use an item instead of tossing one before collecting an enemy gift.

(I can see how the developers would want to have kept things simple there, but for everything besides food, medicine, etc., if someone were to try to use something, the game could display a message like "There is no use for this now.")

-Allow players to trade items between characters, instead of having to transfer each item individually.

-Weapons and some other items should default to whoever they pertain to, looping back to Ness if everyone between them and Poo is overloaded.

-Change Poo's attack command to "Slash" when he equips the Sword of Kings.

-Seek and restore cutscenes such as the two showcased here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML9hBkE_ZPA&t=606s

-Restore the original coloration to Snow Wood Boarding House. 

(A subtle localization change that was mentioned in Legends of Localization Book 2, page 172.  I have its screenshot comparison on my phone, but it is said to have had something to do with the Tonzura/Runaway banner change above the stage in Chaos Theater.)

-Winters should not be invaded until after Apple Kid is abducted. 

(Most players won't have any reason to go there to begin with, except maybe to get some strong equipment early on, but in case they do, they should still have weaker foes to fight while preparing to cast Teleport alpha to leave.  This should probably be a simple matter of relocating a flag to that part of the game, although any NPC dialogue built around Bubble Monkey should be altered, especially with other characters now accompanying Jeff.  On the other hand, maybe that's what also ties in with the enemies found near Rainy Circle, so this may need to be split into two separate flags.)

-Thunder & Storm should have "they/their" as their pronouns.  (When numb (likely from Flash), "body is" should become "bodies are", and when feeling strange, "is" should become "are"; similar for solidification, etc.)

-Turn the lights off in Tracy’s room during Onett's invasion.

-Set a flag after the party’s roboticization, to allow the player characters to hurt themselves with a Rust Promoter if someone uses one while confused.  (Another flag should be set after Giygas is defeated, in order to disable this.)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 09:02:20 am by McKnight »

VeganDoritos

• View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: December 06, 2021, 01:15:42 pm »
1. A De-Engrish Hack for Choujikuu Yousai Macross - Scrambled Valkyrie (Super Famicom).

2. A Robotech Localization Hack for aforementioned game.

3. A FastROM Conversion for Skyblazer (Super Nintendo).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 08:22:56 pm by VeganDoritos »

fenix00

• View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: December 06, 2021, 03:07:51 pm »
New Levels and Bosses for Armadillo NES.
New girls, maybe Sailor Moon hentai characters for Gals Panic ARC.
Greeting.

And KoF 2003 Arcade. Fight with all bosses (Chizuru, Adelheid Bernstein and Mukai) in the story line like Garow prototype. Without special combo to unlock real boss (Mukai) :thumbsup:

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: December 07, 2021, 06:25:48 pm »
Some improvements that could be done for Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance for the GBA:
  • First of all: FIX THE ORB GLITCH. Basically: once you surface from the sewer in Act I and there's a priest nearby, you are required to first talk to the priest, then talk to a guy at the pub, then kill the undead, then destroy the orb, then talk to the priest, then talk to that guy again. Mess up somewhere and you'll have to start the game all over. Perhaps force destroying the orb to consider the quest completed?
  • Re-balance weapons in some way to give them justification to be used. Clubs/Mace, Swords, Axes, all have more uses than Daggers and bows. Perhaps make the Keen attribute exclusive to Daggers and Bows, make arrows lighter.
  • Decrease the chances of powerless Rings and Amulets from dropping and/or increase their sell value.
  • Fix melee AI so they don't randomly stop attacking to run around like a headless chicken when low on health.
  • Add save points in some key areas (by this I mean: before exiting the sewer to the "Chaos Orb" quest in Act I, for an example, or at where you light up the dwarven pyre in Act II.) as a reminder that they SHOULD REALLY SAVE OFTEN.
  • Speed up the gameplay a little bit: movement and attack speed for everyone by 10% if possible.
  • Make the Chaos Orb fight less BS, preferably by decreasing its health and attack power and adding a longer interval between its lightning bolts.
  • Make it possible to stack more items (other than arrows and potions)

Cris1997XX

• View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: December 07, 2021, 07:21:17 pm »
Hack of Street Fighter Zero 2 '97 on NES with these changes:
1) Edit the title screen from "Street Fighter Zero 2 '97" to "Street Fighter Alpha"
2) Delete all duplicated characters
3) Reduce life bars (Seriously, it takes a fuck ton of time to defeat an enemy, even with super moves)
4) Restore Chun-Li's unused stage
5) Fix the row of garbled sprites on the top of the screen
6) Convert the mapper to MMC5 for better music (Possibly even speech samples)

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #7874 on: Today at 07:05:05 am »
I would like the following changes made to Earthbound Zero for the NES:

GENERAL GAMEPLAY:

* Revalue the following powers' levels and PP usage:

** Lifeup:
*** α: 5 PP
*** β: 12 PP
*** γ: 30 PP
*** π: 30 PP

** Healing:
** 12 PP for α-π

** Fire:
*** α: Level 2
*** β: Level 13
*** γ: 24 PP

** Freeze:
*** γ: 15 PP
*** Ω: 20 PP

** Thunder:
*** γ: Level 12

** Beam:
*** γ: 16 PP

* Reprice the following items:

** Berry Tofu ($975/$487 to $81/$40)
** Bomb ($280/$140 to $23/$12)
** Insecticide ($300/$150 to $25/$12)
** Laser Beam ($760/$380 to $63/$31)
** Last Weapon ($1,048/$524 to $87/$43)
** Mouthwash ($175/$87 to $15/$8)
** Plasma Beam ($1,300/$650 to $108/$54)
** Real Rocket ($3,485 to $290)
** Repel Ring ($160/$80 to $13/$6)
** Rope ($600/$300 to $50/$25)
** Sticky Machine ($3,200/$1,600 to $267/$133)
** Super Bomb ($1,800/$900 to $150/$75)
** Time Machine ($2,775 to $231)

* Allow players to trade items between characters, instead of having to transfer each item individually.

* Maintain the "Use" option for unconscious characters' items, but display a message if you actually select it.  (Point is to prevent someone from dropping an item they meant to give someone else.)

SPECIFIC GAMEPLAY:

* Empower insecticides against Titanees/Titanians (to match Mother 3) and Magic Snails (since snails are sort of related to slugs, which are susceptible in both EB and M3).

* Restore the Time Machine item and its actual purpose. 
** Super Bombs should be relocated to the Reindeer Dept. Store 5F, where you can already get regular Bombs, which you can't get in the Twinkle Elementary science lab.

* Allow LifeUp Creams, to be renamed "Revival Cream", to revive fallen party members w/ half HP.

COSMETIC CHANGES:

* Change Omega Borg's name to Terra Borg.
* At least one line by Ana from Earthbound Beginnings.

BONUS CHANGES:

* Set the cursor to whoever has an item when you select it.

* Allow enemies to run away individually while their cohorts stick around.

* Specify who actually obtains an item separately from who opens the gift box et al containing it, and replace said second use of the item's name with "it."
** If the first character with free item space is unconscious, specify the first conscious character in the party to put it in their bag.

* Distribute Ticket Stubs evenly across the party.  (Each character in your party should get one, rather than defaulting all three to the first person left with inventory space.  If someone's inventory is full, the war veteran should hang onto theirs until you clear a space for them.)

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #7875 on: Today at 08:40:41 am »
Restore the DLC to Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones. The items from Japanese events are unobtainable in a standard playthrough.

FMecha

• View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: Today at 11:19:30 am »
Can someone please make a hack for the arcade version of SSF2T that tones down the difficulty of the cheap input reading AI opponents, makes the original colors selectable for the "ST" mode characters and the AI opponents, makes the special move motions simplified like HD Remix and make it where the speed option "Turbo 0" is the original Super SFII speed. Other versions like the GBA one did all of this and it would be cool if the Arcade version did the same.

My idea regarding color swaps would be:
  • Move classic colors to "start" color
  • Move "start" color to 2P Old color - meaning the 1P Old color is now what was the 2P one

Also, another idea dump:
  • F-1 Grand Prix Part III: More permanent Senna/Piquet unlock behavior (I find it a bit buggy/wonky in sense that Senna's name only appears in World GP/Free Run modes if you put it to McLaren #8, but not any other seat/team - it seems to work in Exhibition mode), as well as the unlocking method being made in a way you can properly create only one of them (in sense that it gets recognized by the game).
  • F1 Beyond the Limit/Heavenly Symphony and F1 Super Lap: Restore Ayrton Senna.
  • Various F1 games based on 1996-1998 seasons: Restore Jacques Villeneuve. (Psygnosis' F1 97 has a voice clip for Villeneuve that makes this a bit easier for that game)
  • Racing Lagoon: Add some slots to no-slot engine/chassis parts, such as the S16R N1 (Nissan SR16VE N1 spec) and BM6-32 (BMW S52B32) engines and the FT2000 (Mitsubishi FTO) chassis. Optionally, a real name patch for the car stuff.
  • WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth: Change Stone Cold Steve Austin's fan signs to that used in WrestleMania X8 for GameCube.
  • NASCAR 2001, NASCAR Thunder 2004 (PS1): Fix Dale Earnhardt's wonky 3 number font (the Coca-Cola scheme he had in the latter has the right font); a number of cars (such as the #22 Bill Davis cars in both - fixable using the #23 Stacker 2 car from NT2004 since it's the same team) also have wonky number fonts.