News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Utilities: New Submitted Utilities Added to the Database  (Read 5441 times)

RHDNBot

Utilities: New Submitted Utilities Added to the Database
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:09:37 am »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Utilities have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/utils/)

Malias

• View Profile
Re: Utilities: New Submitted Utilities Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:26:55 am »
Don't know if this should be discussed here, but regarding Cygnus, should we really be hosting commercial products, even free ones?  I got the feeling that the site was intended to host user created material where it might not otherwise be available.  I could maybe understand a link to the company page where it could be downloaded, but hosting files like Cygnus seems to be beyond the scope of this site. 
The great achievement is to lose one's reason for no reason, and to let my lady know that if I can do this without cause, what should I do if there were cause?
     ~Don Quixote~

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 12:07:53 pm »
... Who approved iDeaS? It's a DS emulator, and I thought official RHDN policy was that we wouldn't host DS-related content?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 12:10:34 pm »
Kickle Cubicle has only one unused byte?
I recall the Japanese passwords being much longer than the English passwords.
(perhaps because the Japanese version allows you to play the levels in any order)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 12:56:32 pm »
... Who approved iDeaS? It's a DS emulator, and I thought official RHDN policy was that we wouldn't host DS-related content?

Re-read:

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,7389.0.html

I tried to find somebody awhile back who would write down/archive/collect/organize all our policy, but nobody volunteered. We could certainly use a big indexed page outlining all established policy on this site. It would benefit users and staff alike, but that job sucks and nobody wants it. Instead, we rely on the doomed to failure 'tribal knowledge' system. Though on the bright side, it doesn't hurt to re-discuss or re-evaluate again by the time the former policy is forgotten!  ;D
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Kiyoshi Aman

• Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 02:41:17 pm »
Re-read:

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,7389.0.html

I tried to find somebody awhile back who would write down/archive/collect/organize all our policy, but nobody volunteered. We could certainly use a big indexed page outlining all established policy on this site. It would benefit users and staff alike, but that job sucks and nobody wants it. Instead, we rely on the doomed to failure 'tribal knowledge' system. Though on the bright side, it doesn't hurt to re-discuss or re-evaluate again by the time the former policy is forgotten!  ;D

I could do that. Just point me to all the policy-making threads. :p

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 10:32:46 am »
It's called 'Site Talk'. :P Then, when done with that, we've got Staff Discussion! Probably most topics in both have dictated some decision. Probably a hugely time consuming job.

An easier method is you can start fresh and do everything that comes up from this point forward starting with DS material. If you get a page started, perhaps staff would also be motivated to add some things to it.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Kiyoshi Aman

• Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 11:35:04 am »
Yeah, I think tracking policy from here on out would be the better bet, honestly. I'll start a thread in Site Talk for policy, but it might be worthwhile to have a thread or page only staff and moderators can edit.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 12:40:55 pm »
Yeah, I think tracking policy from here on out would be the better bet, honestly. I'll start a thread in Site Talk for policy, but it might be worthwhile to have a thread or page only staff and moderators can edit.

Agreed. That's easy enough. Just lock it. I believe moderators can reply to locked topics. I locked it. Can you modify your post or reply to it?

Kiyoshi Aman

• Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 12:44:21 pm »
I can indeed, so that settles that. :p