News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Emerald Dragon Updated!  (Read 17246 times)

snesmaster40

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Emerald Dragon Updated!
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 10:16:24 am »
I was playing this yesterday and I realized that this game has the awesome chat feature. It's very useful for finding where to go next and for reminding the player what's going on. Wish more RPGs had this feature
Are we not men?

9volt Kappa

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 08:09:03 pm »
I'm going to play this now,it looks fun :P :P

noneother

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 09:14:27 pm »
I've actually finished all 3 of those, Wozz just a few weeks ago, and they were all very good. Just thought Id say thanks or something.

op89x

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 12:24:42 pm »
I'm having a problem playing this game.  I successfully patched the file with the ROM, and when I start it up, I get no error message.  Checksum is okay.  However, in the very beginning, once the girl is entrusted to you, it freezes.  Anyone else run into this problem?

EDIT:  This only happens in Snes9x, not in ZSNES.  Which is a shame, because I can't stand the GUI of ZSNES.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 12:34:32 pm by op89x »

9volt Kappa

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 12:38:08 pm »
I'm having a problem playing this game.  I successfully patched the file with the ROM, and when I start it up, I get no error message.  Checksum is okay.  However, in the very beginning, once the girl is entrusted to you, it freezes.  Anyone else run into this problem?

EDIT:  This only happens in Snes9x, not in ZSNES.  Which is a shame, because I can't stand the GUI of ZSNES.
Happened to me too,though I like zsnes more

op89x

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 01:47:01 pm »
I probably won't play the game unless Snes9x has a workaround; I really can't stand ZSNES.  It does look cool, though, and Nightcrawler always does good work, so it's not his fault.  It's just that I can't bring myself to use ZSNES for anything other than testing issues like this.  I'm surprised this wasn't covered in beta testing, though.

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 02:11:03 pm »
Bsnes, solves problems 1-99. Of course problem 100 is "are you sure you patched the correct rom?

What version of snes9x are you using? I had no issues in running this snes9x, zsnes, and bsnes. I have not tested it in snesgt.

Edit: This is also based on the 1.0 patch, no testing has been done by me, on the 1.1 version, but I think it is safe to assume that it will work just the same.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 02:24:37 pm by Next gen Cowboy »
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

9volt Kappa

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 03:29:27 pm »
Bsnes, solves problems 1-99. Of course problem 100 is "are you sure you patched the correct rom?

What version of snes9x are you using? I had no issues in running this snes9x, zsnes, and bsnes. I have not tested it in snesgt.

Edit: This is also based on the 1.0 patch, no testing has been done by me, on the 1.1 version, but I think it is safe to assume that it will work just the same.
I used v1.51 of snes9x,and the readme said
The 'TransPatch.exe' custom patching application can be used to ensure you have the correct ROM and patch
so I think it was the right rom.Also version 1.1 of the patch is a new patch I think its possible there could be a new bug,or emulator bug
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 03:39:49 pm by 9volt Kappa »

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 04:22:54 pm »
SNES9x 1.51 does not play the patch nor the original game. Sorry, you're out of luck. SNES9x 1.43 does however it butchers the music pretty badly. I'd recommend using the latest version of BSNES.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2008, 04:49:10 am »
The JRPG has moved on to the 360. Which is fine; most JRPGs are designed with coregamers in mind. That being said, I want more Twilight Princess/Metroid Prime 3 alikes. :p

all true, also, Nightcrawler,

so many of us appreciate your work even if we don't always say it, popularity is overrated, just know that this one grumpy poster has seen many hours of enjoyment because of your translations, I hope that is of some satisfaction to you. Spreading our appreciation of games is a great experience in life and you doing it by sharing your favorite games by translating them is I'm sure not only rewarding, but also very considerate.

thanks to ALL translators and accompanying hackers out there.

EDIT: bother, I always get so grandiose and come off as insincere or brown nosing. just thanks ok?
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

op89x

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 05:40:55 pm »
SNES9x 1.51 does not play the patch nor the original game. Sorry, you're out of luck. SNES9x 1.43 does however it butchers the music pretty badly. I'd recommend using the latest version of BSNES.

BSNES is fine with me; I like what Byuu does for the scene.  Thanks.

byuu

• View Profile
    • A farewell message
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 06:50:52 pm »

BSNES is fine with me; I like what Byuu does for the scene.  Thanks.

Excellent, Nightcrawler ... our master plan is working! He who controls the spice emulator, controls the Universe! >:D

op89x

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 12:04:53 am »
Oh, hello, Byuu.  Looks like all the important people get together here.  I already noticed Deathlike and Squall on this site, as well.