News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Emerald Dragon Updated!  (Read 17077 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Emerald Dragon Updated!
« on: November 17, 2008, 09:29:04 am »

Update By: KingMike

Nightcrawler has released version 1.1 of his translation patch for Emerald Dragon for SNES.

This fixes all reported issues to date, most notably the “NO BG3 FREE” and battle corruption errors, as well as a few minor translation and display errors.

NC says he's going to work more on Tenshi no Uta next. Awesome! More details are available over at TransCorp.

RHDN Emerald Dragon Page

Relevant Link: (http://transcorp.parodius.com/)

Wendell

• View Profile
    • Superman Summaries
Re: Translations: Emerald Dragon Updated!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 03:09:19 pm »
Well, that was close!  I had just gotten to the first town in Emerald Dragon when I read about this new patch.
Read my reviews of early Superman comics at
Superman Summaries!

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:45:14 am »
Hey, wow, a response! :)

Other news released at the same time without release: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,7518.0.html. 19 responses. Good thing it's not a popularity contest, or I'd get last place loser.  :(

Perhaps I should have picked a different game.  :-\
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 09:38:29 am »
That is biased, those responses are a direct correlation of the revolution against Gid, not to praise his work  :P
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 10:06:23 am »
That is biased, those responses are a direct correlation of the revolution against Gid, not to praise his work  :P

Ditto. I actually would've finished Emerald Dragon, if I had the time to do so. Now, I need to start over! >.>

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Square711

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 11:54:49 am »
I've... never heard of this game before, except for your sig. ._.

Now's a good opportunity to give it a try.

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 03:41:30 pm »
Thank you for the updated patch Nightcrawler I'll have to give this game a try.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 04:07:12 pm »
If you haven't played the game, I'd surely ask, why not? The story alone is worth it. It's a fun, easy little romp too. Not that long of a time commitment either. Script is full of witty dialog, drama, and humor. Besides, are you a bad enough dude to find me and my lousy sprite art rendition of me in the game?

And then I'd follow up with I hope you've played Wozz. Wozz is by far my favorite SNES RPG of all time. It was so ahead of it's time and didn't take itself seriously. It's gold. The item syntheses, vehicles, branching paths, sprinkle of side quests, and a journey that takes you to heaven and hell is fun times had by all!

And we can't forget ole' Dual Orb 2. That got a beefy update this year too. I still listen tot he soundtrack regularly. Wish there was more of it.

Go play these seemingly obscure, underrated, or unpopular (not sure which?) games. Don't be afraid of them because they're not Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Super Robot Wars, or other more popular franchises. People are afraid to try things they've never heard of. Here I thought maybe everybody already played them and therefore didn't really need an update.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

snesmaster40

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 04:44:34 pm »
That's interesting about Wozz. I guess I didn't get that far enough. That also reminds me that I need to finish Dual Orb 2 and Emerald Dragon
Are we not men?

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 04:59:51 pm »
I played and beat DO2. I must say, Good job on the quality of the translation NC! It's a hard game, but fun. I'm going to try Wozz soon.
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

Djungelurban

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 05:29:45 pm »
Seeing as the RPG genres is slowly but surely dying (or atleast morphing into something not so great) I'm sure I'll get around to all these games eventually. ;)

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 05:30:19 pm »
I must ask (in this thread to bolster support , in hopes that it surpasses all other front page news threads) what did Duel Orb get for a revamp?  I have not been around in quite some time, and although I do not need an excuse to waste another chunk of my life with DO2, I certainly would like one.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 05:31:43 pm »
Seeing as the RPG genres is slowly but surely dying (or atleast morphing into something not so great) I'm sure I'll get around to all these games eventually. ;)

The JRPG has moved on to the 360. Which is fine; most JRPGs are designed with coregamers in mind. That being said, I want more Twilight Princess/Metroid Prime 3 alikes. :p

Square711

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 05:54:25 pm »
I've never had a problem with playing more obscure RPGs; in fact, I usually love them more than the mainstream ones, especially when it's on the SNES (for example, I like Rudra and Monstania more than any FF on the system). I didn't get Emerald Dragon before simply because I was too lazy. :P I love when a translation of a game I never heard about comes out, then I check it out and end up falling in love with the game. Happened with quite a few games in the past, and...

...now it happens again with Emerald Dragon. It's AWESOME. Played it for a good 3 hours already, and I'm having so much fun with it. It's already beaten every other SNES game in terms of character development, the soundtrack is beautiful and the battle system is like Ys on steroids. The relationship between Atrushan and Tamryn is so cute, and all the PCs are likable and have interesting stories to tell. I want more 16-bit RPGs like this. As soon as I finish it, I'm moving on to DO2 and Wozz.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 06:33:36 pm »
I must ask (in this thread to bolster support , in hopes that it surpasses all other front page news threads) what did Duel Orb get for a revamp?  I have not been around in quite some time, and although I do not need an excuse to waste another chunk of my life with DO2, I certainly would like one.

http://transcorp.parodius.com/news/

3rd post down. ;)

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 06:56:07 pm »
Are you gonna release any more update patches? I don't want to start playing one of these and next week you release a new patch. :P
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

saito

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 07:19:15 pm »
Thanks for releasing this new update, reminded meh that I have still to play both Emerald Dragon and Wozz geez, maybe when I take a break from romhacking I'll take'em on  :woot!:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 07:45:37 pm by saito »
.: TransGen :.

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 07:58:39 pm »
Are you gonna release any more update patches? I don't want to start playing one of these and next week you release a new patch. :P

Nightcrawler's track record says "not anytime soon".  :P
FF4 Research Continues
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack

Darkdata

• People who hurt others to feel better are idiots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 10:44:55 pm »
Besides, are you a bad enough dude to find me and my lousy sprite art rendition of me in the game?

You really should not be looking at that girl.

Also, nice half of a sprite. :P

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 09:17:24 am »
All these tongues in here. Too much saliva! :P :P

Darkdata, glad to know you've played the game. I choose to have him sitting for both technical ease, and lack of art skills for walking animation frames if I were to have him in full view. You don't even want to know how long it took me to create what is there. I'm about as art retarded as one could get.

RedComet, Deathlike2 hit it right. All signs definitely point to "unlikely in this decade." ;) Besides, if anything further was done, it would be negligible.