News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Utilities: HME 4 Released  (Read 4936 times)

RHDNBot

Utilities: HME 4 Released
« on: November 02, 2008, 01:43:39 am »

Update By: Jathys

Harvest Moon Editor has been updated to version 4:
  • The new Dialogue Editor automatically adjusts pointers and moves text
  • The level editor now edits most of the compressed areas of the game (instead of only the 3 non-compressed ones)
  • The palette editor has been simplified and can edit nearly every palette in the entire game (and can export palettes for use in TLP)
  • Compressed graphics can be exported for use with a tile editor, then imported back into the game

RHDN HME Page

Relevant Link: (http://jathys.zophar.net/harvestmoon/index.html)

InVerse

• View Profile
Re: Utilities: HME 4 Released
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 11:45:39 pm »
It looks like I don't really have any excuse for not forging on with the Harvest Moon hack I conceived of several years ago. It'll require a complete graphics overhaul, but the ability to decompress/export compressed graphics pretty much leaves me with nothing but laziness to combat.

One thing I noticed... switching from 16x16 to 32x32 causes HME to crash. Once reloaded, the size is changed, so as long as any modifications were saved prior to switching the size, it shouldn't be a big deal, but it is a bit annoying.

realworksuks

• https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 12:47:07 am »
It looks like I don't really have any excuse for not forging on with the Harvest Moon hack I conceived of several years ago. It'll require a complete graphics overhaul, but the ability to decompress/export compressed graphics pretty much leaves me with nothing but laziness to combat.

One thing I noticed... switching from 16x16 to 32x32 causes HME to crash. Once reloaded, the size is changed, so as long as any modifications were saved prior to switching the size, it shouldn't be a big deal, but it is a bit annoying.

I definitely hope you continue with your hack!  I remember you mentioned it once and I thought it was tragic that you didn't intend on finishing it.
Check out my gaming Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks

Jathys

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 10:28:26 pm »
I'm apparently going senile in my old age.  HME 4.0 didn't include any of the menus for the newly supported areas (thus, they render as solid black).  Also forgot to include Lunar Compress.dll, which crashes the program when openning compressed data if you don't have it.

I've done a very minor update (4.01) to fix this.  Sorry.

KeiTaRo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 07:20:56 pm »
I know this is a massive bump but I have no idea where else to ask about this---running the editor gives me an error. I get as far as the rom selection menu before this happens:

Run-time error '63':

Bad record number

and yes, I downloaded all the files that were listed as required from the site. I just wanna get at those graphics :(

KeiTaRo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 10:33:00 pm »
I know this is ANOTHER massive bump, but I cannot find ANY information on the internet at all about this thing. I finally got the program running but it is NOT intuitive at all for any of the additional features it claims to boast...graphics and pallet editing, for one. There's essentially no documentation on this program and it's interface is not easily explained. Does anyone have a shred of an idea on how this editor works outside of basic map editing?