News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Site News: This is a test from Nightcrawler  (Read 11426 times)

RHDNBot

Site News: This is a test from Nightcrawler
« on: December 15, 2005, 09:12:49 pm »
This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: TestName

This is a test news submission from Nightcrawler.  We're working out bugs in linking news updates to the message board for discussion.

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhaking.net)

Neil

• Submission Reviewer
  • Circuit Rider
    • View Profile
Re: Site News: This is a test from Nightcrawler
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 08:09:36 pm »
Would it be worthwhile to include a reply count on the main page.

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 09:11:12 pm »
Does this board support guest accounts? I know the RHDNBot is a guest, but can the general public post as guests? That might be something worth checking out on down the road; some people don't like registering and giving out their emails and all that jazz.
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Grave Wisdom

• The Gaming Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 09:51:11 pm »
Does this board support guest accounts? I know the RHDNBot is a guest, but can the general public post as guests? That might be something worth checking out on down the road; some people don't like registering and giving out their emails and all that jazz.

The problem with allowing guests is that it's too easy to abuse the right. I can understand why it may be useful, but more often that not it's used by people looking to either spam and/or attack others without revealing their identity.
"I have come back from the dead, and am now Red Pison"

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 11:13:47 pm »
Yes, adding replies may be a worthwhile option to add.  Seeing a bunch of 0 replies may deter someone from clicking the link though. Of course seeing a higher number encourages it.  Let's see if anybody actually uses this board section.  If they do, I have no problem adding it.  It's easy as pie.

The board certainly does support Guest accounts, however I agree with Grave Wisdom. Allowing guests to post and having immediate activation are all nice in theory, but the sad fact of life is, people abuse the system. It's been proven time and time again on many boards. Anybody with something intelligent to say will take the time required to register.  That's my line of thinking anyway.  If they don't want to take the few minutes to register, I don't want to take the few minutes to help them or consider anything they have to say.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations