News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dual Orb Version 1.5 Released!  (Read 21160 times)

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
Re: Translations: Dual Orb Version 1.5 Released!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 04:19:14 pm »
Spoiler warning? (although I imagine the audience who cares and hasn't finished it already is rather small) :D

The amount of unreported issues in 6 years clearly shows the audience who cares can be counted on my fingers and toes! :P It's not Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, or Dragon Quest you know!  :D

It also says I had a pretty lousy beta testing team! Unfortunately, I can't remember who they were and the readme doesn't label them specifically. I have no one to point the blame finger on!  :laugh:

Deathlike2 is responsible for reporting at least 80% of the items fixed. Give him a  :beer:
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
  • The return of the sombrero!
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 04:22:34 pm »
I'm not entirely sure that spoiler tag is working correctly... :-\

https://ff6randomizer.codeplex.com/ - Randomize your FF6 experience!

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 04:29:42 pm »
I'm not entirely sure that spoiler tag is working correctly... :-\

I placed it where I wanted stuff hidden. You're not missing much.
FF4 Research Continues
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
  • The return of the sombrero!
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 04:47:02 pm »
The text after the first image is clearly shown and italics, and neither screenshot is hidden behind the tag. Shown here. If the tag is working for anybody else, don't click on that screenshot link.

https://ff6randomizer.codeplex.com/ - Randomize your FF6 experience!

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 04:51:50 pm »
Could it possibly be the theme you are using? I'm using the original/default theme and it's hidden as far as I can tell. I'm using Opera if that matters to anyone.
FF4 Research Continues

Ernie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 07:39:39 pm »

The amount of unreported issues in 6 years clearly shows the audience who cares can be counted on my fingers and toes! :P It's not Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, or Dragon Quest you know!  :D

You know, there's probably a lot more than myself who hate to register email addresses but love this game, seeing that made me do something I never do and that's to register on your board simply to tell you thanks for translating my favorite game--I think it blows Final Fantasy out of the water and compares favorably with Chrono Trigger. Have really felt sometime like I should send you some money, but won't ruin your hobby by offering money for what you've obviously did for fun and love of the genre. Hope you consider doing the first Dual Orb for continuity some time. My thanks to you for relieving the tedium of existence of an old broken-down war vet (and double thanks for such a nice ending)

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 07:47:41 pm »

You know, there's probably a lot more than myself who hate to register email addresses but love this game, seeing that made me do something I never do and that's to register on your board simply to tell you thanks for translating my favorite game--I think it blows Final Fantasy out of the water and compares favorably with Chrono Trigger. Have really felt sometime like I should send you some money, but won't ruin your hobby by offering money for what you've obviously did for fun and love of the genre. Hope you consider doing the first Dual Orb for continuity some time. My thanks to you for relieving the tedium of existence of an old broken-down war vet (and double thanks for such a nice ending)

I don't quite share that sentiment in the comparisons. It's a good game that stands by itself, but it doesn't even compare to those games on certain levels. I do think the game itself is underrated, which is better than being overrated (depends on which FF you want to argue against, but CT is a tad overrated in certain areas IMO).
FF4 Research Continues

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 10:30:33 pm »
Spoiler warning? (although I imagine the audience who cares and hasn't finished it already is rather small) :D

It also says I had a pretty lousy beta testing team! Unfortunately, I can't remember who they were and the readme doesn't label them specifically. I have no one to point the blame finger on!  :laugh:

Deathlike2 is responsible for reporting at least 80% of the items fixed. Give him a  :beer:
I'll take some blame.
I think I got like halfway through then my only decent computer's power supply just randomly died one day, so I had to have a shop replace it (I think my RAM was also going, too poor to replace it).
And then when I got it back, a bad savestate ate most of my progress. So many random battles... motivation falling, homework piling.
Yeah, that last one is a really poor excuse.

Not sure what happened to the other testers, though. Did any of them finish? :D
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Ernie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 04:40:09 am »
Guess we all have our own opinion as to what constitutes a good rpg or evan what an rpg is, but this is one of -my favorites- but my comparison was to FF2 & FF3, never cared for the third (sixth) one as I felt it was long and tedious.

On another thought, if anyone needs it, I have a pretty well-along hacking guide I made for Dual Orb 2. If there's interest, I could be persuaded to complete it, first charactor's stat, items, etc are done and you can change the formation to do the others if I remember right.

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 01:08:33 pm »
On another thought, if anyone needs it, I have a pretty well-along hacking guide I made for Dual Orb 2. If there's interest, I could be persuaded to complete it, first charactor's stat, items, etc are done and you can change the formation to do the others if I remember right.

I would be more interested in documenting the equipment data and battle system than anything (especially since the battle system is pretty straightforward and fun).
FF4 Research Continues

Ernie

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 03:56:13 pm »
I would be more interested in documenting the equipment data and battle system than anything (especially since the battle system is pretty straightforward and fun).

I've never done anything like that but will give it a try, so don't expect much. I wouldn't have a clue where to find battle data, but I would expect there is some displayed values that could be modified for items/ equipment and I'll give that a shot.