The next significant upgrade to our site, RHDN 2.1, has launched! While several enhancements were made, the centerpiece of this update was the addition of user reviews to the Documents, Utilities, Translations, and Hacks sections. We want constructive, helpful reviews. It's not a popularity contest or bandwagon hopping game. We won't be afraid to reject user reviews that don't follow the guidelines (available on any review form submission page). Here
is a sample of what we'd like to see as an average review on this site. Some purposes that could be served by the Reviews will be to weed out outdated items, recommend better alternatives, provide helpful user experiences etc..
RHDN 2.1 adds several bells and whistles and here they are:
- User Reviews added to the Documents, Utilities, Translations, and Hacks sections. You can add or edit (your own) reviews right from the individual entry pages.
- Extended Pages to list recent edits and new additions have been added for each section. Click the ‘More…’ links in the right hand bar for each section.
- Added a Maintenance link so the public can further and more easily contribute to maintaining the integrity of our database.
- Last modified dates were added to all major section to show when the last time an entry was edited.
- A Submission Queue Status page was added on the Submit Files Page (at the bottom). Now you can see items currently in queue and the status of your submission.
- A News Queue Status page was added on the Submit News Page (at the bottom). Now you can see items currently in queue and the status of your news submission.
- Full and proper support was added for multiple authors on Translation entries. Secondary authors now come up correctly in searches and the Community Database will accurately reflect their work. Translators such as filler or Tomato who are attached to entries as a second (or beyond) author get the correct site exposure.