Behold! The BoF2 Retranslation Project thread is back from the dead, and it's been hijacked by the first
So these past couple of evenings, I've set to work changing the subtitle from the Japanese version's title screen to English. Changing the graphic itself was trivial: it was compressed, but it used the same compression as those pesky menu icons, so all it took was some minor modifications to my existing compressor. The tilemap, however, took me several hours: it was stored in an odd format that I couldn't quite puzzle out at first, so I took to dismembering the guts of the tilemap routine, dumping data, reinserting it, changing where the game looked for it, etc., etc.. When I was finally done, I set to work modifying the tilemap so my wider logo could fit...and then I discovered that the funny tilemap format was actually no impediment at all. So yeah, I spent several hours banging my head against my keyboard for nothing. ^_^;
So, without further ado:EDIT:
And another little update:
Thanks to KingMike for the savestate.