logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

Author Topic: Translations: Aeon Genesis Releases Shiren the Wanderer, Plus Other News  (Read 18933 times)

RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: Gideon Zhi

Get  it from our database here

Shiren the Wanderer is a roguelike, and is rather difficult. Do not expect an easy ride! Translation is complete, have fun.

Other news include a project announcement for Metal Max Returns, updates for Dark Lord, Treasure of the Rudras, and Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, as well as a teaser line for a Windows game called Guardian of Paradise (Rakuen no Guardian.)

Relevant Link: (http://agtp.romhack.net)

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Note: The patch does NOT work with ROM version 1.1 Use 1.0 instead.

Thanks to KaOSoFT for noticing this and letting us know.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Tintenfisch

• Insect swarm 3, nothing but the best.
    • View Profile
Sweet, there is good in the world.
A traitor like you doesn't deserve a Texas double whopper, now available at burger king

Brick

• View Profile
Great! Thank you!

I've bought the Japanese Game last year and I never came out of the first town because of this stupid "character switch" thing. ::) Now I can understand the game and switch characters.

Meropi

• View Profile
Roguelike?

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
WOW...speechless.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Sorry about the extra post, I'm just used to throwing the information on every board I can find :p

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
Sorry about the extra post, I'm just used to throwing the information on every board I can find :p

Yes, we know how much you love to whore yourself out. :P
TransCorp - Nearing 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Soviet Conscript

so, if you use ROM version 1.1 do you get a sumcheck error and it freezes on the copyright date screen? cause thats what i'm getting

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
Well if he said it doesn't work I assume it doesn't. If it's a header problem you are having open up the rom in a hex editor and delete the first 0x200 blocks. Then apply ips and it works fine.

Brick

• View Profile
br /If it's a header problem you are having open up the rom in a hex editor and delete the first 0x200 blocks. br /

Or use "SNESTool" from the Utilities Page to delete the header, after that the game runs great!

http://www.romhacking.net/utils/snestl12.zip

First I had a ROM with the ending "fig". With that the patch doesn't work. Try to find one with "smc" ending.

Sorry for my English!

bahamutX

first of all thanx Aeon Genesis for another great translation. i luv ya!!!!

i dont know if its right. i used the 1.1. version and patched it with ips tool. everything was perfect! but i failed to patch version 1.0. the roms are from www.emu-russia.km.ru. so its the other way around in my case.

bahamutX

first of all thanx Aeon Genesis for another great translation. i luv ya!!!!

i dont know if its right. i used the 1.1. version and patched it with ips tool. everything was perfect! but i failed to patch version 1.0. the roms are from www.emu-russia.km.ru. so its the other way around in my case.

CORRECTION! v.1.1 doesnt function either (after 2nd try....?!). so i cant use v1.0 and 1.1! am i doing something wrong when i just patch the rom????? same mistake when i try to patch "live a life"rom?????

noneother

• View Profile
That's some good news. I played the Torneko game in the same series prior to DQ8 coming out, thought it was pretty cool but felt incomplete. I just needed a more epic goal I guess. It was nice to be able to keep playing once you had finished the game, but the secret bonus dungeon was virtually impossible since there was no way to progress in it, since you couldn't take any items with you in and out of it, unlike the regular dungeon. I even went to the trouble of going to level 99 of the regular dungeon, and found some scroll that basically congratulated me but didn't seem to do anything. From what I've heard of Shiren though, it seems like much more developped, large and complete than the first Torneko dungeon crawler...

Brick

• View Profile

i dont know if its right. i used the 1.1. version and patched it with ips tool. everything was perfect! but i failed to patch version 1.0. the roms are from xxx so its the other way around in my case.

Have you removed the header? Read the readme.txt from the patch! The File must be 4,194,304 bytes big, after the removal of the header.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 09:13:46 am by Brick »

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
If you remove the header on 1.0 and you patch it and it doesn't work then you have a bad rom period. There is a bad dump of 1.0 out there. Get the good one here.

The board worked fine on my browser.

Tintenfisch

• Insect swarm 3, nothing but the best.
    • View Profile
I havn't had a header problem.  What I do is go to many different sites and download the same game and keep trying over and over again.  I tried to use SNEStool but then it gives me this crap about "OOOOHHH no proper MD-so whatever prompt crap *pht*"

Probably some setting on my computer or whatever since it's been known to work on Xp but whatever.

Eitherway i'm having fun with the game so far and I've gotten to the 13th level at the highest so far and got a nice traveling partner with me.  Though those damn fire preists keep ruining my junk and "Whupping me good"
A traitor like you doesn't deserve a Texas double whopper, now available at burger king

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
For emulation  patching purposes, you can simply insert 0x200 bytes of 00's or anything you want at the beginning of the file.  BAM.. there's your header.

If you need to get rid of a header.  Delete the first 0x200 bytes.

That's all there is to it.  Headers mean nothing to emulators.
TransCorp - Nearing 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
That's what I was trying to tell them. Using this out of date snestool crap is crippling them. They should just open up a hex editor and delete the header manually. If for some strange reason you want a header. (The only reason I can think of is for a copier) Then create one with a program. I'm gonna take a guess that over 99% of people here except for the asm gurus don't have copiers.

Dragonsbrethren

• View Profile
    • Dragonsbrethren Industries
Yay, I'm 1%! :D