News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Final Fantasy 2us/4j Medicine Power-Up Patch  (Read 5439 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Final Fantasy 2us/4j Medicine Power-Up Patch
« on: March 23, 2008, 10:42:16 pm »

Update By: Phoenix Hacks

Anyone who has played FFIV knows that Edward's Medicine/Heal command is pretty useless, since it splits a Potion among 5 people. That's like sharing a slice of pizza with your whole family — and who wants to do that? So I've created a patch that will increase the HP recovery done by this command, into the 60-90 HP range. Now everybody can have a slice.

Staff - You can grab it here at RHDN.

Relevant Link: (http://phoenix.hacks.googlepages.com/index.html)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 12:21:05 am by RedComet »

Deathlike2

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Final Fantasy 2us/4j Medicine Power-Up Patch
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:22:52 am »
It's only a matter of time where a good FF2/4 hack will be released... it's a step in the right direction.
FF4 Research Continues
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 01:14:53 pm »
It's only a matter of time where a good FF2/4 hack will be released... it's a step in the right direction.
Like a Pandora's Box calibre hack? or just a normal SMW-esque hack?
Their is the Shoujo-Ai patch, even if it's a bit harder to come by now (I remember grabbing that when it was first released on the forums at SA  :o, still got it too!), Its just some rewording, and sprite swaps, but I had fun playing it back when it came out.

He left my mind intact. I can dream, I can wonder, I can lament. Simply, he has taken his revenge. I have no mouth. And I must scream.

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 01:32:19 pm »
Like a Pandora's Box calibre hack? or just a normal SMW-esque hack?

We're not really quite there yet... I don't think SMW is the right description/comparison. FF3/6 gets the most hacking attention (though I've yet to see a radical hack that changes the events like CT hacks can)... SMW has had a lot of different hacks done for it to begin with (much more than CT).

At this point, most battle mechanics and a fair amount of event data has been decyphered.. nothing radically new or concrete yet (but it's only a matter of time).

Their is the Shoujo-Ai patch, even if it's a bit harder to come by now (I remember grabbing that when it was first released on the forums at SA  :o, still got it too!), Its just some rewording, and sprite swaps, but I had fun playing it back when it came out.

What are you talking about? Please elaborate further.
FF4 Research Continues

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 02:47:32 pm »

What are you talking about? Please elaborate further.

It's a patch that replaces Cecil with Terra, and Rose with Celes, and turns it into a Shoujo-Ai (Girl Romance, like a lesbian relationship, 'cept lesbian just brings the wrong images to mind.) based romance, a few other things were changed too, like dialog, to make it flow better. It's really not all that complex, but it got me to play atleast partway through the game. I don't think that the author wanted it to circulate as much as it did, and that's why it's no longer here on the site.

He left my mind intact. I can dream, I can wonder, I can lament. Simply, he has taken his revenge. I have no mouth. And I must scream.

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 03:25:48 pm »
I believe that's still hosted at Zophar's....

In any case, changing Sprites and dialog has been done already.
FF4 Research Continues

Kajitani-Eizan

• You couldn't kill me if I tried to let you
    • View Profile
    • Kajitani-Eizan's Patch Site
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 03:05:54 am »
how about giving tellah 9 more MP?

perhaps have a script that kills off a character if they hit 0 MP upon casting a certain spell... :P

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 08:44:59 am »
how about giving tellah 9 more MP?

That's a simple tweak.  :P

perhaps have a script that kills off a character if they hit 0 MP upon casting a certain spell... :P

That's more complex. An addition to the Golbez-Tellah script to make Tellah die as a reaction by the enemy after cast is more likely to be an easier tweak, but then you won't see Golbez "disappear"... although that's more of a reallistic end-result when I think about it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 08:56:03 am by Deathlike2 »
FF4 Research Continues