News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: EVO: The Search for a Translation  (Read 22522 times)

SkyeWelse

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • A Rocket Knight exploring Xanadu
    • View Profile
    • Retro-Type
Re: EVO: The Search for a Translation
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 02:39:24 pm »
Just dropping by to check on any project updates and glad to hear that you are making some progress with this hollowayTape.  :thumbsup:

-Thomas

hollowaytape

• The devil enjoys the grief
    • View Profile
    • 46 OkuMen
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2016, 10:49:33 pm »
Now that this project is really getting somewhere, I've started a thread in Personal Projects to show its progress.
46 OkuMen's PC-98 romhacker.
Finished: E.V.O.: The Theory of Evolution | Rusty | CRW: Metal Jacket
In Progress: Appareden | Different Realm | ??? | ???
Other Projects: Possessioner | Kuro no Ken | Tokyo Twilight Busters | Last Armageddon (PCE-CD)

sonofashark

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 07:13:00 pm »
 :angel: So amazing to see some legit translated text in these screenshots! I worked for months on extracting and translating this game, and had so many issues I had to give up!

I'm a massive fan, and have all three versions of the game (PC-98, SNES & SNES-J). Feeling nostalgic and hoping you guys keep the project going strong! Here are some pics of my EVO boxes:

For FYI, the PC-98 disks I have are 3.5" I've met one other person online who owned the game and they also had it in 3.5" format. I've seen pictures on ebay recently of a 5.25" copy of the game but I can't verify it's authenticity. It's possible the game came out in both formats. Anyway, see attached my full IMGUR album for fun:
https://imgur.com/a/r3Cwx

SkyeWelse

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • A Rocket Knight exploring Xanadu
    • View Profile
    • Retro-Type
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 07:10:25 pm »
:angel: So amazing to see some legit translated text in these screenshots! I worked for months on extracting and translating this game, and had so many issues I had to give up!

I'm a massive fan, and have all three versions of the game (PC-98, SNES & SNES-J). Feeling nostalgic and hoping you guys keep the project going strong! Here are some pics of my EVO boxes:

For FYI, the PC-98 disks I have are 3.5" I've met one other person online who owned the game and they also had it in 3.5" format. I've seen pictures on ebay recently of a 5.25" copy of the game but I can't verify it's authenticity. It's possible the game came out in both formats. Anyway, see attached my full IMGUR album for fun:
https://imgur.com/a/r3Cwx

Son of a Shark, if it is not too much trouble, is there anyway I could trouble you for some 300 dpi scans of the box cover front-back and manual for preservation reasons? I can do all the cleanup, straightening and editing, but I'd love to see them if you were up for that!

Please PM me if you can. I can provide an FTP server to upload them all to if necessary and thank you for considering!

-Thomas