News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Site: RHDN Turns 2!  (Read 8534 times)

RHDNBot

Site: RHDN Turns 2!
« on: December 23, 2007, 10:02:19 pm »
Update By: Nightcrawler

Another big year has gone by for RHDN. With the launch of RHDN 2.0 back in June, community contributions went way up, and our database has grown significantly with the best documents, utilities, translations, hacks, and more for the ROM hacking community. RHDN has continued to succeed, prosper, and become ever more popular as the central hub of ROM hacking for ROM hackers and community supporters all across the globe.

Never before has such a global force of talented ROM hackers been assembled. We've got ROM hackers from most major countries around the world. Our forums are full of some of the brightest and most talented ROM hackers around the world exchanging help and information to keep the community strong, healthy, and growing! It's really the ‘globalization’ of RHDN that was the biggest surprise to me for year 2.

This past year, RHDN has really started to meet many of it's primary goals. The vision I had for RHDN is slowly becoming reality. But as far as we have come, there's always plenty more road to travel. Site development will continue into 2008 as additional features, capabilities, and content will surely find a home on RHDN.

Another year, and another big ‘Thank You’ goes out to our hard working staff and all of you around the world that have contributed to our community. Everybody's contribution counts. It will continue to take the efforts of all of us for RHDN to continue to grow, be kept up to date, and continue to be the best resource, social hub, and community tool available to us all.

This is our site. It's user maintained. We all keep it's heart pumping. As I said last year, as long as the community lives, so shall ROMhacking.net!

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net)

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
Re: Site: RHDN Turns 2!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 11:18:29 pm »
Yay!  Happy Birthday RHDN!
Keep up the great work Nightcrawler et al.

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 01:01:20 am »
Woot.

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 01:44:39 am »
wow, I've been here awhile, I remember when I first started posting. It didn't seem that long ago.... time flies, congrats RHDN and staff, it's been a great journey.
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 01:53:54 am »
I've been following the site since it started on the Transcorp forums. I hope it never goes down.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 01:55:30 pm »
More than two years now (Of course work on this site started well before release)... wow. I owe a lot to this site, without it I wouldn't have known how to spend countless hours of my free time. Not to mention all the cool people I know from here and all the great stuff I've learned. I hope RHDN will last for years to come.

Don't forget to thank Nightcrawler, without his vision this site would never have come to be :) I don't even dare to think about how many new translation and romhacking projects might have never seen the light without this site.

Happy Birthday RHDN!
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Lashiec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 01:58:48 pm »
Cheers to Nightcrawler and all the staff here! :beer:
tl;dr: I'm talking out of my behind and you should not listen to me

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 02:14:13 pm »
Wow, 2 years already? Damn, how time flies these days. Happy Birthday RHDN, and many more to come. I'm glad this place is around...  :thumbsup:

Spikeman

• *unce unce unce*
    • View Profile
    • None at the moment, check out my Last.fm page instead?
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 06:37:36 pm »
Here's to another great year! :beer:
Open Source Hacking Projects: Guru Logic Champ, Telefang 2, (Want more? Check out my GitHub!)

Suzaku

• Job change!
    • View Profile
    • Studio Llama
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 07:18:44 pm »
Comparing the number of posts in this topic versus the ToP release topic is...enlightening  :P

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 08:17:15 pm »
Comparing the number of posts in this topic versus the ToP release topic is...enlightening  :P

Indeed... Somewhat ironic how probably half the people would know about the translation without the site.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

throughhim413

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 08:29:38 pm »
First of all, happy second birthday to RHDN.

Indeed... Somewhat ironic how probably half the people would know about the translation without the site.
There's no denying that.  But ToP PSX has been around for 9 years and people have been waiting for a translation of it for the past 7 or 8 years, so you can't blame people for having an interest.  Plus, we're using RHDN to talk about a translation romhack.  In its own way, that thread too is a celebration of what RHDN is here for, right?  The best way to spread the word about RHDN is more high profile projects that bring in people from around the world, right? ;)

...or am I stretching?

Suzaku

• Job change!
    • View Profile
    • Studio Llama
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 10:55:22 pm »
I'm just thinking that you and Gemini gave us the bestest birthday present EVER!  :thumbsup:

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 11:21:40 pm »
Happy birthday, RHDN! :D
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 12:35:14 am »

yeah, but it's hardly a fair comparison, apples and oranges baby.
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

Cidolfas

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Compendium
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 12:41:47 am »
Congrats and many more!

Man, my site is going to be turning 10 in a year... Yowza. O_o

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 12:49:19 am »
I know I'm going to be hit with the biggest "you didn't know THAT?" in the world. But I may as well ask and get it over with.

What site do you run Cid? I'm sure I've been there but never linked it with you.

Lashiec

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 10:17:35 am »
Fella, there is a link in his profile, it's the Final Fantasy Compendium...

YOU OUGHT TO KNOW THAT!!! :laugh:
tl;dr: I'm talking out of my behind and you should not listen to me

creaothceann

• SPINESHARK
    • View Profile
    • creaothceann's website
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 10:46:40 am »