News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: My NES Translation Projects  (Read 185766 times)

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Re: My NES Translation Projects
« Reply #300 on: July 26, 2021, 10:46:20 am »
Yes, someone is working on it.

VegGameHead

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 26, 2021, 03:35:52 pm »
That's great to hear!   :woot!:

This is probably my personal most anticipated release in years.

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2021, 02:57:55 pm »
I was thinking about the number of released translations I have to my name, which is currently at 89, and I think I might hit 100 by the end of the year. I have like half a dozen nearly finished translations in the pipeline and certainly more in the works.

Recently, I decided to tackle a new translation of Famicom Wars. It all started when Graphicus randomly showed me a title screen design for the game. It was too big to fit into the ROM, so he did a smaller design and I started hacking the game proper. Not a lot of text and fairly easy to work with. I converted the vertical menu system to display horizontally, which looks much nicer. I will probably do some additional work on the unit names to match the work done on the GB version.

And because I was curious about GB Wars, I hacked that game as well. I'm gonna need a translator to go through all the unit and island names eventually, so that all the terms etc. are consistent across games.

Anyhow, hacking these strategy games has been a change of pace that I've enjoyed so much so that I think I will start hacking some more of these types of games. Fun fact, I randomly imported the Famicom game Cosmic Wars and SD Sengokuden 2 years back. Cosmic Wars looks like a Konami rip-off of Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu and the SD Sengokuden series was the precursor to SD Knight Gundam.

Arjak

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2021, 03:03:38 pm »
Love that title screen! Previous efforts always seemed to get the size and perspective wrong. This one looks much more accurate.

KT1

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 30, 2021, 03:31:45 am »
Any news on Megami Tensei 2's guide translation?

I really can't wait to play Megami Tensei 2 in English...