No other differences, I guess. I listed all the hard changes. The reasons were
1) I'm not a skilled ROM hacker by any stretch of the imagination, and there weren't people with free time who could hack the entire Japanese ROM.
2) Brings us to Chronotools. This can add in a neat VWF and the item stuff, and restores the other Japanese functions. Problem is, no one can get it to work. A developer for the KDE project was the first person to successfully compile it, but adding the dialogue in caused corruption and screwed up the table data, etc...I don't want to be too critical, but Chronotools has just blown up on everyone who's ever tried it at the Compendium. I tried to add the VWF to a CT ROM in 2005, and it involved wading through five undocumented errors and parameters. The final result when the program ran successfully was a corrupted ROM.
3) Plus, it was noted that a full VWF like that would cause some speed issues. So we went with Temporal Flux, and since Flux now supports huge string length and near infinite strings (at least enough to fill 2< MB of free space), we wouldn't have to edit or shorten any lines.