News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Magna Carta  (Read 119667 times)

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
Re: Magna Carta
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2011, 05:04:24 pm »
I'm currently willing to pay a Korean translator a small fee to help me finish this project.  I need someone whose skills are competent and preferably someone who is very familiar with the source material, the game Magna Carta.  Please PM me if you're interested.  The amount of text you will be working on is about ~20kb of Korean text.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2011, 05:32:03 pm »
Back when I was trying to find potential Korean translators for WoG3 I got a response from someone on Youtube interested in translating. Since I never got the scripts dumped, nothing ever became of that. The guy did some translated videos of the game and his name is ggun or something. Might want to try to contact him.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2011, 04:00:46 am »
I'll check that out... if I can just get a translator to work on this, I could finish the edits and have it out in a day.

slicer

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2011, 06:48:39 pm »
best luck to you. Hope you can find someone really commited to the project. I've been tracking progress for years now and waiting with high expectations. Guess a lot of us are :-)

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2011, 08:59:59 pm »
I really hope I didn't let everyone down.  This has taken way longer than I expected it to.  If I can get a translator to help with these last few files, the game will be ready to go. I'm hoping to find someone soon.  It would be a shame to not get this game out the door because of the lack of a translator.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2011, 09:45:38 pm »
Also I have another suggestion for you to look. One idea that crossed my mind was finding a Korean fansubber. There are quite groups out there that specialize in translating korean television etc. A few of them might be interested in translating other forms of media.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2011, 11:40:00 pm »
It seems none of my friends are all that interested in translation, and I live in freggin’ Centreville :<
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2011, 11:30:38 pm »
derboo will probably pick it up, but he won't have much free time until mid-February at earliest.  If there's anyone else who might be willing to help or can help earlier, please let me know.

slicer

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2011, 04:49:17 pm »
Any news on the project so far?

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2011, 03:26:03 am »
Noooope.  It's still waiting in the wings until a magical unicorn that can translate Korean into English shows up.

Metal Knuckles

• WE MUST GATTAI
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2011, 03:30:33 pm »
항상. 당신과 함께 있고 싶어. 나는 또한 당신과 함께 생각하고, 조화의 조화에 살고을 만들고 싶어. 오, 사랑 해요.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2011, 06:45:22 pm »
If you're saying you'll help, please PM me.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2011, 08:47:43 pm »
항상. 당신과 함께 있고 싶어. 나는 또한 당신과 함께 생각하고, 조화의 조화에 살고을 만들고 싶어. 오, 사랑 해요.
"All the time. I want to stay here with you. I also think with you, and I want to make to live in harmony harmony. Oh, I love you."

Song lyrics? >_>

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Nagato

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2011, 08:54:07 pm »
"All the time. I want to stay here with you. I also think with you, and I want to make to live in harmony harmony. Oh, I love you."

Song lyrics? >_>

~DS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMeUPFjQHc

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2011, 09:09:05 pm »

Song lyrics? >_>

~DS
Didn't think about it until you said that.  *sigh*  Oh well.

Metal Knuckles

• WE MUST GATTAI
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2011, 04:02:31 pm »
Yeah, you said magical unicorn and I kinda jumped to certain conclusions.

derboo

• View Profile
    • derboo's Translation Page
« Reply #156 on: November 10, 2011, 04:36:56 am »
Did anyone ever try this game and figured out the combat? I know you can chain attacks by pressing the attack button again with the right timing, but my party is still completely helpless even in the first dungeon.

I once started translating stuff for the game, but soon gave up because the game appeared virtually unplayable to me. I'm not capable enough to translate by script, I need to see how it plays out in the game. Also lost motivation quickly as it appeared that no one could actually play the game even if translated.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2011, 06:25:18 am »
I do know that a big part of making the game "easy" is to manipulate your stats, and by manipulating your stats you can defeat the enemies more easily.  Certain enemies have certain weaknesses, and each place has themed enemies, if I recall correctly (enemies weak to you when you power up your wind element, for example).  It takes a bit of experimenting, but you can definitely get through it.

Sorry I can't be of more help, and sorry I kinda disappeared.  My thesis took up a whole lot of my life until just recently (just got the proposal approved, now have to start doing interviews, etc.).

omegalite

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2012, 03:43:45 am »
@derboo : I was quite a fan of this game (I love the design), and it's the only one I ever played hardcore (with the alpha patch), something like 6 years ago. I was quite far into the game, even after nothing was translated anymore. I would be willing to go through it again to make saves and/or walkthrough if anyone is still willing to translate it.

@Talbain : I really appreciated your work so far, and would gladly donate a little something (which I couldnt 6 years ago).

Also, I only ever had ATI cards, and spent an entire day finding a way to make the game work with Direct3D. I did post a working installation guide (with Talbain's alpha) on hongfire once, but the thread is so old it disappeared. I still have the backup of that post, though, so I could share it again if anyone needs it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:52:05 am by omegalite »

derboo

• View Profile
    • derboo's Translation Page
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2012, 06:19:36 am »
@derboo : I was quite a fan of this game (I love the design), and it's the only one I ever played hardcore (with the alpha patch), something like 6 years ago. I was quite far into the game, even after nothing was translated anymore. I would be willing to go through it again to make saves and/or walkthrough if anyone is still willing to translate it.

I'd say the most useful would be a clear and easy tutorial to make the party useful in combat, so the game can actually enjoyed by a wider range of players. Best with a complete tuning-walkthrough for the first dungeon.