News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Magna Carta  (Read 119674 times)

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
Re: Magna Carta
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2007, 07:52:54 am »
First file sent.  Sorry about my brief time away, my laptop decided to go all asplode.

If you'd like, I can just post the korean files here and you can look at them, or we can do it all by email.  Up to you.

javiskefka

• 뒤로 돌아서지 않으리
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2007, 10:17:52 am »
Depends on the volume of text, I guess.  Since two of us volunteered, we would be able to put our heads together if it was put up in a common place.  Also, this translation work in a publically viewable place could attract more interest in the game and project.  On the other hand, we wouldn't want your thread to get too bogged down if it's a large volume of text.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 10:25:16 am by javiskefka »

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2007, 12:20:09 pm »
Well, there aren't any plaintext files that are larger than a few KB.  That being said, it's still kinda, sorta sizable.  But again, if there are requests for public release of the borked files, I'll just put those up here.

dynoma5

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 03:32:31 pm »
Haha if you can could you put it up? I want to have a go at it too.

javiskefka

• 뒤로 돌아서지 않으리
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2007, 03:53:31 pm »
How about if we focus discussion of translating these sets of dialogue in a thread in the Script and Language section?

By the way, weren't these strings translated by your translator already?  That first set was the first dialogue in the game.  Is this spot translation just for identification purposes, or are these to go through editing and then insertion?  If it's just for identification then I can go through them a lot more quickly...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 11:02:55 pm by javiskefka »

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2007, 02:14:53 am »
It's both, basically.

Iluruqh

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2007, 11:39:11 am »
hello, I'm new here. ^^ This is the only place where I found a translation for Magna Carta...

I have a question: I know you don't provide the files until the translation is ended, but I want to know how I can edit the .fpb files. I have all the fpb (those in the game folder) and I'd like trying to translate the dialogues into Italian (because I'm Italian).
Using the notepad the game generates an exception when it tries to run the modified dialogue. Do I need a specific editor for that kind of files? Any advice?

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2007, 03:14:37 pm »
You need an extractor and an inserter.  I'm not releasing either until the English translation is done.

dynoma5

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2007, 08:37:24 pm »
Haha I haven't been on that much lately because of school, but I was wondering if the script is already all translated XP? Do you still need to do some translation or are you kinda putting the project on hold?

javiskefka

• 뒤로 돌아서지 않으리
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2007, 07:33:17 am »
Did I ever mention  that I have the "Visual Reference" that came with the collector's edition?  It's hardback, 150 pages of art and background info on everything from the game world.  Just let me know if you think that anything in there could be of use.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2007, 02:37:51 pm »
I've got it too, but I don't think it would be great for anything more than reference material.  Most of the place names and so forth are all voiced, so if there's anything missing it's probably in the text somewhere.

More than that, in case anyone's wondering, work will continue on the project over the Christmas holidays.  I can't really give a timeframe for when it will be complete as a result of the bad files.  Of course, the project will never really be complete until there's another hacker who comes along that's willing to take a look at the item structs and make an inserter (I've got translations for all of the items and abilities and spells, but no way to re-insert them).

realworksuks

• https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2007, 07:01:17 pm »
I have been wondering for a while but never asked..  is this a PC game?  How is it different from the ps2 version?
Check out my gaming Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2007, 11:05:47 pm »
I have been wondering for a while but never asked..  is this a PC game?  How is it different from the ps2 version?
*sigh*
Dunno how many times I've explained this now.
The game that's for the PS2 is nothing like the PC game.  The story's not even the same.  The games are essentially "alternate universes" of each other.  Crimson Stigmata is one universe, and The Phantom of Avalanche is another universe.  They both share similarities because they are within this universe (the battle system for the PC version is extremely different and considerably less idiotic), but they are two entirely different games.

Trance

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2007, 08:28:21 am »
So any luck finding inserters for the project? I'm dying to play this game now.. It's been collecting dust at home since 2004 when I ordered it heh. Believe me there are a LOT of people that want to play it but they just lurk around without saying anything, since they can't help in any way.

Anyway, I'm a supporter of this project in every way(I've even been trying to spread the word of it on forums I see the words magna carta come up :p). So don't give up on it please!! ^^

Sad to hear that Lakuuna left the project. Last I heard it was 90% complete? Does this also mean that we're not gonna see War of Genesis III translated at all? I think I got all of SOFTMAX's recent games, including Tempest and Rhapsody of Zephyr... go go spending money on something I don't understand lol. But I'm glad I got them since playasia doesn't have them anymore and who knows, maybe someday they'll see the light of an english patch!

Good luck guys, hope to hear good news from you soon. :D

SSJSubgeta

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2007, 07:30:32 pm »
Dang, I wish I could help in some way, hit me up with some info on what needs to be done. Is it just the reinsertion of the altered files? Would the problem lie that they have to be similar size as the originals so the Regis. file list in the game can recognize them? That usually happens when I do translations and edit the file structure. Either that or like you stated that there is indeed an insertion tool needed to patch the files. Have you thought of applying the patch a la .PPF format? Let me know if I can help you out.

I also do own WoG III and MC both collectors ED. Awsome stuff in those boxes.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2008, 09:23:37 am »
Dang, I wish I could help in some way, hit me up with some info on what needs to be done. Is it just the reinsertion of the altered files? Would the problem lie that they have to be similar size as the originals so the Regis. file list in the game can recognize them? That usually happens when I do translations and edit the file structure. Either that or like you stated that there is indeed an insertion tool needed to patch the files. Have you thought of applying the patch a la .PPF format? Let me know if I can help you out.

I also do own WoG III and MC both collectors ED. Awsome stuff in those boxes.
At this point it's just a question of time; please be patient.

RPGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2008, 08:13:14 am »
Well I have the game installed now & running under Windows XP Pro SP3 RC2 (soon to be refresh release of SP3).
I don't know Korean but if there's anything that needs testing or the like I can do that.
I'm running your alpha files pasted in the 1st message with the 3 files you mention in the thread to stop the 2 crashes & the 1 to stop the synchronization problem.
I do have noticed one thing which I don't know if it's intended or not since I went straight to your translated files... when the opening movie plays there's a set of lines on the screen making it look like we're watching the events on a set of borderless tvs; think like this only thinner lines: http://www.customtradingcomputers.com/images/clearview/cv-800-600x350.jpg

Running it in 800*600 with full effects on & opengl. Any chance the setup utility will be translated btw?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:36:53 pm by RPGuy »

bay

• bay[field]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2008, 12:55:15 am »
i registered just to say that if you need any assistance, to whatever degree, i do have this game and am eager to aid the good fight.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2008, 11:22:50 am »
I am attempting to continue work on this project, but paperwork is not giving me much time.  In the coming weeks, I will attempt to continue working on the scripts.  Again, I cannot provide a release date, though we are probably close to a beta phase.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2008, 02:43:29 pm »
I need help!  If you can translate Korean, please PM me.

The project is almost finished!  ;D

There are currently 11 files which need retranslation, please help me get these files done so that I can release a beta patch.

The beta patch will include:
Translated story, dialogue, and menus.
What still needs to be done: hacking of the weapons, armor, and abilities into the game so that they are in English.

Please help!