Ok, a tutorial for starters it is, then. With installation guide included.
It's been a long time though, and if my memory doesnt fail me, you need quite a bit of grinding outdoors before you can tackle the first dungeon.
Installation quide :
- Install the game
- Make a backup of the Dvr folder
- Apply the official patch (MCV104a.exe)
- Overwrite the patched Drv folder with the previous one (the updated AsrD3DDrv.dll is shitty, it gives you lame looking black faces and stuff)
- Run the setup file MCSetup.exe, and set the display driver to Direct3D
- Make a backup of the Bgr and Fpb folders if you intend to try to apply an english patch, especially if it's Talbain's alpha, for you may encounter void text errors with it, in which cases you'll need to restore the Bgr and Fpb backups until you are through with the problematic spots
- Do NOT use any crack whatsoever, just keep PlayDisk4 in the drive (or emulated)
May 29, 2012, 04:46:15 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
To move, use mouse or arrows.
To attack, press space 4 times for a combo, with approximatly half a second between each press. Timing those perfectly will give you FINAL CRASH. Three FINAL CRASH in a row gives you OVER CRASH, during which you need to press space repeatedly as fast as you can.
To upgrade your party, right click, select status, then carta. You can handle your stats there.
Somewhere at the start of the game, Calintz will say you need to go back to HQ (save at that point). After that events will bring you to the sewers (there is no backing out from it, thus the previous save). So before you do that you will need to grind for carta. Alot.
The town has 2 exits, so grind outside in the fields. You dont need to run around, you can just stand idle until a random fight triggers. That's the legit way.
Now, for the cheaters, there's an easy way : once in the sewers (where random fights trigger much faster) get close to a monster and press 9 (not the one on the numpad). When one of the monsters attack you, they will all die, and you will still collect their carta. Once you have maxed your stats, you can then start playing legit again.
(Credits go to fullmetal from hongfire for that tip. I tested it, he is right.)
Edit : Just found out all this info is already available in wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_Carta:_The_Phantom_of_Avalanche
The combo timing is different depending on the character, and there's supposed to be some kind of visual effect to help with the timing of the combos, which I dont see. So I guess my installation guide isnt flawless.