News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Magna Carta  (Read 119643 times)

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
Re: Magna Carta
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2012, 02:20:24 pm »
@derboo : I was quite a fan of this game (I love the design), and it's the only one I ever played hardcore (with the alpha patch), something like 6 years ago. I was quite far into the game, even after nothing was translated anymore. I would be willing to go through it again to make saves and/or walkthrough if anyone is still willing to translate it.

@Talbain : I really appreciated your work so far, and would gladly donate a little something (which I couldnt 6 years ago).

Also, I only ever had ATI cards, and spent an entire day finding a way to make the game work with Direct3D. I did post a working installation guide (with Talbain's alpha) on hongfire once, but the thread is so old it disappeared. I still have the backup of that post, though, so I could share it again if anyone needs it.
Please share it if you can.  I would really like to see this finished.  Derboo, I again thank you for your patience, and any help you could provide, omega, would make me ecstatic.  I'm sorry again derboo that I cannot be of more use on this issue.

omegalite

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2012, 02:45:07 pm »
Ok, a tutorial for starters it is, then. With installation guide included.
It's been a long time though, and if my memory doesnt fail me, you need quite a bit of grinding outdoors before you can tackle the first dungeon.

Installation quide :
- Install the game
- Make a backup of the Dvr folder
- Apply the official patch (MCV104a.exe)
- Overwrite the patched Drv folder with the previous one (the updated AsrD3DDrv.dll is shitty, it gives you lame looking black faces and stuff)
- Run the setup file MCSetup.exe, and set the display driver to Direct3D
- Make a backup of the Bgr and Fpb folders if you intend to try to apply an english patch, especially if it's Talbain's alpha, for you may encounter void text errors with it, in which cases you'll need to restore the Bgr and Fpb backups until you are through with the problematic spots
- Do NOT use any crack whatsoever, just keep PlayDisk4 in the drive (or emulated)

May 29, 2012, 04:46:15 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Tutorial :

To move, use mouse or arrows.
To attack, press space 4 times for a combo, with approximatly half a second between each press. Timing those perfectly will give you FINAL CRASH. Three FINAL CRASH in a row gives you OVER CRASH, during which you need to press space repeatedly as fast as you can.
To upgrade your party, right click, select status, then carta. You can handle your stats there.

Somewhere at the start of the game, Calintz will say you need to go back to HQ (save at that point). After that events will bring you to the sewers (there is no backing out from it, thus the previous save). So before you do that you will need to grind for carta. Alot.
The town has 2 exits, so grind outside in the fields. You dont need to run around, you can just stand idle until a random fight triggers. That's the legit way.

Now, for the cheaters, there's an easy way : once in the sewers (where random fights trigger much faster) get close to a monster and press 9 (not the one on the numpad). When one of the monsters attack you, they will all die, and you will still collect their carta. Once you have maxed your stats, you can then start playing legit again.
(Credits go to fullmetal from hongfire for that tip. I tested it, he is right.)

Edit : Just found out all this info is already available in wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_Carta:_The_Phantom_of_Avalanche
The combo timing is different depending on the character, and there's supposed to be some kind of visual effect to help with the timing of the combos, which I dont see. So I guess my installation guide isnt flawless.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:24:00 pm by omegalite »

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2012, 01:41:08 am »
Thanks so much omega!

omegalite

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2012, 05:04:24 pm »
No problem.

Although if there was a Direct3D fix for the combo visuals, there would be no need for grinding (or cheating). Failing to time presses blindly is what makes the first dungeon almost impossible right off the bat.
A little further into the game, you get more accustomed to the (blind) timing, and the game becomes more playable. Thus the grinding method is better than the cheat method, until you get the hang of it.

madmalkav

• View Profile
    • www.dragons-spirit.com
« Reply #164 on: July 08, 2012, 09:17:22 am »
Talbain, you got the fpb file insertion problem solved? Also, can you give me a word count of the text missing to translate? I want to get a quote from a friend that manage a translation company.
www.dragons-spirit.com

La mejor tienda, unida al mejor pub. Una experiencia única en vivo y online.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #165 on: July 08, 2012, 09:52:47 pm »
Talbain, you got the fpb file insertion problem solved? Also, can you give me a word count of the text missing to translate? I want to get a quote from a friend that manage a translation company.
It's 3000-5000 words.  I can send you the files if you want an exact word count.  And yes, the FBP insertion problem is solved.

madmalkav

• View Profile
    • www.dragons-spirit.com
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2012, 02:50:55 pm »
Yes, please,  send me the files.
www.dragons-spirit.com

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2012, 07:13:03 pm »
PM me your email.

madmalkav

• View Profile
    • www.dragons-spirit.com
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2012, 02:17:51 pm »
Not much luck here, the guy that had some chances of doing a good price doesn't work kor->eng , only kor->spa.
www.dragons-spirit.com

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2012, 03:08:55 pm »
Thanks for trying.

envirion

« Reply #170 on: August 28, 2012, 01:16:14 pm »
Hello, my Korean's a little rusty but if you don't mind and still need translation done, I would like to help out.
I've been checking up on this project once or twice every year since Lakuuna was formed and even submitted a couple small files for translation back in the day. :)

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #171 on: August 28, 2012, 09:40:32 pm »
Hello, my Korean's a little rusty but if you don't mind and still need translation done, I would like to help out.
I've been checking up on this project once or twice every year since Lakuuna was formed and even submitted a couple small files for translation back in the day. :)
PM me your email.

dark_togepi

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2013, 03:53:14 pm »
Not much luck here, the guy that had some chances of doing a good price doesn't work kor->eng , only kor->spa.

Sorry for the delay, it's been a LONG time since i entered this place XD
If there is a spanish translation, i could translate it into english (i'm Chilean, so i speak native spanish). Just let me know.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2013, 01:34:07 pm »
Is anyone interested in taking on this project?  I will send all files that I have.  I simply do not have time to work on it anymore, as I'll soon be pursuing a Ph.D., which will likely rob me of the little free time I have as it is.

Please PM me if you're interested and I will send all the material.

I deeply apologize for waiting to do this for so long.  The game deserves better and more than I have been able to do with it.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2013, 11:18:49 am »
All three links are broke.  Can you fix it please?
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2013, 03:39:10 pm »
Here's a link with all the files, the BGR, the translated files.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ef061ico90362d9/MagnaJul42013.zip
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:20:45 am by Talbain »

GreenTreeClub

« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2013, 06:22:15 am »
It's actually been my hobby for the last few years to study Korean. If someone sends me the text, I can see how much I can translate. I'm not fluent, but I know the grammar well.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2013, 03:10:26 am »
It's actually been my hobby for the last few years to study Korean. If someone sends me the text, I can see how much I can translate. I'm not fluent, but I know the grammar well.
All the text for the game is available, in plain text, in the files linked above.

GreenTreeClub

« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2013, 02:58:13 am »
I'm assuming from reading the file titled "MC edits needed.txt", this is what you need translated? Contents:

0118 (needs translation)
0271-0475
520  (needs translation)
544  (needs translation)
0571-0599
0651 (just numbers)
0657 (just numbers)
0715-726 (723-726 need translations)
748 (just numbers)

So exactly, what needs to be translated? I'm assuming it is only 0118, 520, 544, 723, 724, 725, and 726.

If that's the case, it isn't very much and I can finish it soon.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:10:50 am by GreenTreeClub »

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2013, 11:18:06 pm »
Sounds great!  If you can send them my way I can get them into the game at the very least.  I still don't have any way of translating the in-game menus though.  They function rather differently from the rest of the game's scripts.