News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Treasure’s Dynamite Headdy Retranslated  (Read 18820 times)

FlashPV

• View Profile
    • Terminus Traductions
Re: Translations: Treasure’s Dynamite Headdy Retranslated
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 11:43:12 am »
Hokuto No Ken isn't a great game but it certainly deserve a better localisation (Last Battle >:().

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 08:06:59 pm »
Btw, the font in this translation it's a bit difficult to read in an emulator because of technical and space problems.
They're aware of that, and looks really good on a real Genesis.

agreed but I haven't got to test it out on a real genesis though.

Has anyone had any luck of making it more readble with graphics filters?

z01

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 03:42:15 pm »
either you wrote that wrong, or i'm just confused.

the european version [probotector] is the censored version, who would want to play it?
Um... I'm not sure which one is European, sorry  :-[
Anyway, if there is an uncensored english version, why the need for a retranslation?

And let me also cast a vote in favour of Magical Taruruuto-kun -- it may not be very challenging, but still pretty fun.

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 06:13:58 pm »

the european version [probotector] is the censored version, who would want to play it?
Anyway, if there is an uncensored english version, why the need for a retranslation?

And let me also cast a vote in favour of Magical Taruruuto-kun -- it may not be very challenging, but still pretty fun.

there isn't a need for a retrans, it would be like retranslation FF7, there isn't exactly anything wrong! jsut some little nitpicking!

i vote for Gleylancer >_> its my favorite shooter

He left my mind intact. I can dream, I can wonder, I can lament. Simply, he has taken his revenge. I have no mouth. And I must scream.

Splatter

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 01:29:16 am »

there isn't a need for a retrans, it would be like retranslation FF7, there isn't exactly anything wrong! jsut some little nitpicking!

Like Lashiec said, it'd be worthwhile to retranslate Contra: Hard Corps because the localization removed the health bar and turned it into a one-hit-kill game. Now, there are lots of fun one-hit-kill games like Metal Slug, or hell, the NES Contra. The difference is they're designed with that in mind from the get-go, while with Hard Corps it's just a bad hack done by the localization team.

Guy 1: "We're supposed to make this game tougher for the American audience."
Guy 2: "OK, we could alter stuff like the damage enemies do and power-up frequency, then spend days testing each part of the game to balance it properly."
Guy 1: "Or we could just take out the health meters. That'd take five seconds."

Can you imagine what Gunstar Heroes or Mega Man or Final Fantasy VI would be like if one hit of anything killed you? They'd be virtually unplayable disasters... and that's exactly what Hard Corps is.

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2007, 02:32:02 am »
i dunno, i had it for Genny back in the day, and my friend and i were just playing it recently...

it just isn't contra for me if it isnt nearly impossible.

He left my mind intact. I can dream, I can wonder, I can lament. Simply, he has taken his revenge. I have no mouth. And I must scream.

SidGallup

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 12:45:09 pm »
Im having troubles with Dynamite Headdy, i cant even play the Japanese rom before patching it, im using Gens 2.14

Do i need the Genesis Bios?? ive tryed by changing the region in cpu > country but nothing works.

Any idea??

Lashiec

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 12:50:13 pm »
Maybe your ROM is somewhat wrong, try to patch it with MIJET's own patcher (it's available in their homepage). Alternatively, downgrade to Gens 2.11, 2.14 version gave me lots of problems, although no one with compatibility. Check if your ROM is right with GoodGen. And finally try Kega Fusion, is working perfectly there.

The BIOS is not necessary.

(Uff, I think I didn't leave anything behind)
tl;dr: I'm talking out of my behind and you should not listen to me

Splatter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 01:16:00 am »
It works perfectly for me in Gens+ using the "Dynamite Headdy (J) [c][!]" ROM.

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 02:04:42 am »
As long as you can still be king of the monkeys!  :woot!: (for those of you who have played the hidden ending.)
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client