News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Treasure’s Dynamite Headdy Retranslated  (Read 18841 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Shadowsithe

MIJET has retranslated the Treasure classic, Dynamite Headdy. The official localization saw fit to remove the plot, change a few enemy designs and ramp up the difficulty.

As with MIJET’s other releases this is a dual-language patch so make sure your emulator of choice has the proper region set.

Staff - As always you can get the patch from RHDN here.

Relevant Link: (http://mijet.eludevisibility.org/)

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Treasure’s Dynamite Headdy Retranslated
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 09:24:52 am »
godamn MIJET, i think i'm in love!

seriously though, nice fucking job MIJET. at the rate your going you'll have the last few [good] Gens games out within the year.

might i mention the stealthy and very quick (ninja-like!) way you translate roms!

for you

(thanks gid  ;D)

hell, i though that SRW was going to the news for this morning, still will most likely, but MIJET has stolen some of Ghids thunger.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 09:35:51 am by Maegra »

He left my mind intact. I can dream, I can wonder, I can lament. Simply, he has taken his revenge. I have no mouth. And I must scream.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 10:54:43 am »
MIJET has gone on record as not wanting to do any RPGs. So, unfortunately, somebody else will have to do those.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:57:58 am »
 :'( oh you wound me NC, what about Gleylancer?

>_> you cut me down to only the one good Gens game left that i know of thats a none RPG

do they have a forum? i'm just wondering how they pick there Translations, besides the normal way translators do, which is whatever they want, but the bottom of the DH page it says
Special thanks to TheFreak for the suggestion.
which could mean he suggested the project.

He left my mind intact. I can dream, I can wonder, I can lament. Simply, he has taken his revenge. I have no mouth. And I must scream.

Prof. Radikoff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 04:18:42 am »
Absolutly great work here with this classic by Treasure. The font looks a bit ugly in Kega genesis though.

Lashiec

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 06:31:10 am »

>_> you cut me down to only the one good Gens game left that i know of thats a none RPG

do they have a forum? i'm just wondering how they pick there Translations, besides the normal way translators do, which is whatever they want, but the bottom of the DH page it says

Don't worry, there are some other good Japanese games for the Mega Drive, like the japanese version of Decap Attack, a TOTAL different game from the crap that we got here, or this other Bandai game about a kid with a magic wand that goes around throwing school desks and fire extinguishers to enemies (forgot about the name...)

Well, they doesn't have a forum, but they have a mail address... which reminds me that I've got some mail for them...

Leaving this apart, thumbs up to the retranslation. I remember reading about the significant differences, and the high level of difficulty, although this is not SOR 3 fortunately... nor Contra - The Hard Corps (yet another candidate for a quick retranslation or hack job). It looks that not only Nintendo was hooked on censorship and game redesign back on the 16 bits.
tl;dr: I'm talking out of my behind and you should not listen to me

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 07:59:15 am »

Don't worry, there are some other good Japanese games for the Mega Drive, like the japanese version of Decap Attack, a TOTAL different game from the crap that we got here, or this other Bandai game about a kid with a magic wand that goes around throwing school desks and fire extinguishers to enemies (forgot about the name...)

Well, they doesn't have a forum, but they have a mail address... which reminds me that I've got some mail for them...

Leaving this apart, thumbs up to the retranslation. I remember reading about the significant differences, and the high level of difficulty, although this is not SOR 3 fortunately... nor Contra - The Hard Corps (yet another candidate for a quick retranslation or hack job). It looks that not only Nintendo was hooked on censorship and game redesign back on the 16 bits.

mmm, its called magical Tara'kun i think?   O.~    it is one of those higer quality gens games i've seen, i should go DL it again

Prof. Radikoff

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 09:23:14 am »
Yeah, Magical Taluluto-kun is a gret game, sadly in japanese.
Also Panorama Cotton, Yu Yu Hakuso (Treasure), Decap Attack, Contra Hardcorps, etc.
Splatterhouse 3 is also better in the japanese version, but fortunately it's in english.

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 09:34:09 am »
i was thinking about doing this earlier:

going to go through the GENs archive and find all hi-quality games, and make a fatty post in the trans thread, just so everyone can see what the gens has got

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 10:53:19 am »
 :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:34:19 am by Kagemusha »

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 03:18:57 pm »
i decided not to, it would have made a whole new page, and well, i already posted some of them

z01

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 04:34:15 pm »
i decided not to, it would have made a whole new page, and well, i already posted some of them
Boo! Boooo! Boooooooooo!

Now hand in your badge and gun  >:(

P.S. Some of the best games for Sega consoles where made by Treasure. T's genesis stuff is a must-play :P

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 09:51:45 pm »
 ;D well gimme the rest of the night, i can make a real pretty post then, screenshots and stuff included, its just damn sad that no one does genesis stuff (MIJET excluded) on a normal basis, it has some games that look better than SNES ones! that higher resolution can be damned beautiful too!

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 12:41:29 am »
Absolutly great work here with this classic by Treasure. The font looks a bit ugly in Kega genesis though.

Agreed about the font but otherwise thanks for the quality translations you folks always put out keep up the great work!

Why would Contra Hard Corps need a retranslation what was wrong with the official one?

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 01:31:35 am »
i decided to wiki it, here was my results.

Probotector changes

Not only was this the last Probotector game for the European market, this has the most changes in the game. While previous game have just changed the main character and/or enemies into robots, there were more extensive changes to the game due to the heavier emphasis on the storyline:

* The four main characters' names are changed to "CX-(1-4)". In addition, the sprites of Ray, Sheena, and Fang were redesigned into robots, with Sheena's redesign being a mere palette swap of Ray's.
    * Additionally, Colonel Bahamut and Deadeye Joe have been redesigned into aliens. Only Noiman Cascade and Dr. Geo Mandrake remain relatively unchanged, although Dr. Mandrake's role has been downplayed so that he is no longer a traitor.
    * The alien cell has been changed into the X Drive, described in the game as "a newly developed energy system with unimaginable power".
    * In Stage 9, the villain no longer offers the player to join him.
    * Occurrences of "Damn!" have been replaced with "Blast!" or "Oh no!"

Lashiec

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 06:38:13 am »
Also, the Japanese version is easier (you have a life bar and unlimited continues), that's why I said 'a quick hack'. Besides, there's some dialogue missing compared to the European release. How many? I'm not sure, but there's at least a extra line when you encounter the final boss in the first stage (the robot asks something)
tl;dr: I'm talking out of my behind and you should not listen to me

z01

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 02:58:36 pm »
i decided to wiki it, here was my results.

Probotector changes

Not only was this the last Probotector game for the European market, this has the most changes in the game. While previous game have just changed the main character and/or enemies into robots, there were more extensive changes to the game due to the heavier emphasis on the storyline:

* The four main characters' names are changed to "CX-(1-4)". In addition, the sprites of Ray, Sheena, and Fang were redesigned into robots, with Sheena's redesign being a mere palette swap of Ray's.
    * Additionally, Colonel Bahamut and Deadeye Joe have been redesigned into aliens. Only Noiman Cascade and Dr. Geo Mandrake remain relatively unchanged, although Dr. Mandrake's role has been downplayed so that he is no longer a traitor.
    * The alien cell has been changed into the X Drive, described in the game as "a newly developed energy system with unimaginable power".
    * In Stage 9, the villain no longer offers the player to join him.
    * Occurrences of "Damn!" have been replaced with "Blast!" or "Oh no!"
But if that's changes from the European version, why not play the European version then?

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 05:13:30 pm »
either you wrote that wrong, or i'm just confused.

the european version [probotector] is the censored version, who would want to play it?

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 06:00:42 pm »
That kid with the wand... Magical Taruruto-Kun or something like that? That's a great game, good luck with that. :D
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

Prof. Radikoff

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 08:43:12 am »
Btw, the font in this translation it's a bit difficult to read in an emulator because of technical and space problems.
They're aware of that, and looks really good on a real Genesis.