News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Translations: English Translation of Super Robot Pinball  (Read 1048 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: English Translation of Super Robot Pinball
« on: December 31, 2021, 08:35:17 am »

Update By: marc_max

Super Robot Pinball is a pinball game made by Jupiter, the same team behind Pokémon Pinball series.
Indeed, it plays similar to the first Pokémon Pinball (GBC), it even uses the same engine but with greatly improved physics. However, instead of catching monsters, you fight robots from Super Robot Wars series, that includes Gundam, Evangelion, Mazinger Z and many more!
You choose a Super Robot hero and fight evil enemy robots in intense pinball fights! Every Super Robot has its own stats and special ability, so there is room for little strategy. Once you defeat an enemy, it gets added to the Super Robot library. Good luck completing it, more than 40 heroes and 60 enemies await!

For some reason, this really good (and cute!) game has been left untranslated until now! Though there wasn't much text, now players are able to read the menus, the pause menu screens, the end of ball status screen, other graphics and the most important: the Super Robot names in the library!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Green Jerry

• View Profile
Re: Translations: English Translation of Super Robot Pinball
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 06:30:46 pm »
The translation status was changed to unfinished, which means you'll have to make actual translations of the robot database text if you want to change it back to fully playable.
My latest Portuguese translation: Contra (NES) Japanese Version
New Title Screen Addendums! Goemon 1 and Goemon 2

kaiisen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 02:16:41 am »
Was about to say, as much as I appreciate SRT series translation, the fact that the database was left aside makes me sad.

Hopefully we'll see it translated some day.

Thank you for your effort!

delta7890

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 11:32:27 pm »
Hoping for a full translation someday.  Really nothing here for folks who are already fans of the mecha anime entries included within.

ljglmail

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 10:02:40 am »
The translation status was changed to unfinished, which means you'll have to make actual translations of the robot database text if you want to change it back to fully playable.

The reason this happened is

-I added or changed the category for a certain line because of its context. For example, for the line "Sensing an opportunity, %s begins to close in." I added "on %s" because it's more natural that way.

-I changed the line completely because it wasn't right in the first place. For example, replacing "You can't be serious!" with "Are you serious?" made more sense than the original line because of context.