News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: 【Mesen simulator】Please help me.hdnes package editor always makes mistakes  (Read 1067 times)

looks png

• View Profile
Please help me.

Is there no better high-definition image editing tool for mesen simulator than hdnespackeditor?

Or is there a stable version of hdnespackeditor?

God, this hdnes package editor always makes mistakes, even if you click a subcategory, it will make mistakes, and then close. I can't even do things with it.

I know this requirement is too high, but I really want something that can directly replace the tiles on the mesen simulator, just like PS, but it provides and combines an overall biological tile, HD suitable for the mesen simulator and it can generate the feet recognized by the simulator.

I plan to start making a new HD package with Mario Brothers, but I can't do it with this editor.

In addition, as a novice, I want to know how other hackers of high-definition tiles work? What do they use?

mkwong98

• View Profile
Have you read the tutorial of the editor?

looks png

• View Profile
Wow, the master came to answer me!

I haven't seen the tutorial

If this site has a text file, it's best. Now I don't even know where to find it

in addition

Your paper version of Mario HD, I want it to be clearer. What should I do to increase the pixels from 512 to 1024?

Thank you. Thank you very much

mkwong98

• View Profile
Wow, the master came to answer me!

I haven't seen the tutorial

If this site has a text file, it's best. Now I don't even know where to find it
There should be a tutorial document (HDNes Graphics Pack Editor Tutorial.docx) in the zip file with the editor. You can try reading that first.

in addition

Your paper version of Mario HD, I want it to be clearer. What should I do to increase the pixels from 512 to 1024?

Thank you. Thank you very much
Unfortunately I made my pack with the editor and there is no easy way to change the scale of a HD Pack once the scale is set.

looks png

• View Profile
thank you

I found the tutorial file and am using this piece of paper Mario NES you made to practice and learn it

However, I encountered a problem:

When I copied the hexadecimal code from the PPU viewer of the simulator and input it into the ROM viewer of the editor, I couldn't find any content of this palette. The whole is black and nothing.

Why?

December 01, 2021, 01:34:37 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
There should be a tutorial document (HDNes Graphics Pack Editor Tutorial.docx) in the zip file with the editor. You can try reading that first.
Unfortunately I made my pack with the editor and there is no easy way to change the scale of a HD Pack once the scale is set.

in addition

When I try to replace the map with the HNP file you shared (all the files have not been changed at this time, it is your file), click Set replacement, the program will make an error, and then close.

What's going on?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 01:34:37 am by looks png »

mkwong98

• View Profile
The .hnp file contains the full file path to the rom file and the pack folder on my computer. You need to open the .hnp file with notepad and change the first two lines to the file path on your system.

looks png

• View Profile
Modifying the path has no effect. On the contrary, it directly does not allow me to operate it. It directly reports an error and closes it

Then I try to create a new HNP by myself. It looks normal. But after I copy the tile and paste it into the subcategory, I want to operate the content of the object I pasted. When I move or add the tile, an error closes. It seems that any right-click function of the pasted content palette is not allowed for me to use?

As long as I want to do something to these tiles, it will make an error, and then the whole program will close

mkwong98

• View Profile
Can you give me more detail? Like screen shots of the editor before the error, the steps you have made to cause that error and the text being copied from Mesen PPU viewer.

looks png

• View Profile
I copy tile directly in ROM viewer and paste it into the sub category. I copied many tiles to try... It seems that all tiles are the same. As long as you try to operate the content in the sub category, right-click, it will tell you that the program is not responding, and then you are forced to close the whole program

Oh, I don't know how to send screenshots, because I don't use my personal home page and some social programs on the Internet. Uploading pictures is not allowed on this website

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
I suggest uploading your images to https://imgbb.com/ and linking to them there.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

mkwong98

• View Profile
I have posted a newer version of the editor. Can you try that one and see if it fixes the problem?
https://github.com/mkwong98/HDNes-Graphics-Pack-Editor/releases

looks png

• View Profile
Thank you very much for publishing new shared files. It's hard!

I've downloaded it and tried to explore it

December 01, 2021, 11:22:33 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I suggest uploading your images to https://imgbb.com/ and linking to them there.
I'll try. Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 11:23:46 pm by looks png »