News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Mario Party 3 StarStruck  (Read 1911 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Mario Party 3 StarStruck
« on: November 26, 2021, 11:03:19 am »

Update By: Ok Impala!

The first Mario Party 3 ROMhack arrives on Romhacking.net!

The Mario Party 3 hacking scene has created lots of fantastic custom boards over the last few years, using Party Planner 64. Breathing new live in this classic game with each new release!

Mario Party 3 StarStruck bundles six of the best, custom made, boards in one convenient package.

All credits go the original creators of these boards!

Features

6 new Mario Party 3 boards to play!
- Star Summit
- Animal Crossing
- Paradise Isles
- Rainbow Boulevard
- Towering Treetop
- TRG Land

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

The Beaky Buccaneer

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Mario Party 3 StarStruck
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 11:56:59 am »
I've somehow managed to never play any of the N64 Mario Party titles (or most of the series, for that matter - the only one that I've played at all was the first 3DS one). Would this hack be as good a place as any to start, or would it be better to gain some experience with the originals first?

Zeikar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 03:24:11 pm »
I've somehow managed to never play any of the N64 Mario Party titles (or most of the series, for that matter - the only one that I've played at all was the first 3DS one). Would this hack be as good a place as any to start, or would it be better to gain some experience with the originals first?
You should play the original games first.

Yuyukirby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 05:13:12 pm »
I'd like to point out that the creator of TRG Land was not asked about his board being used.

Ok Impala!

• View Profile
    • Ok Impala!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 12:15:07 am »

Mario Party 3 StarStruck is like DLC. So, you might want to try the original maps first and then play these 6 new boards!  :)

The Beaky Buccaneer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 05:21:59 pm »
You should play the original games first.
Mario Party 3 StarStruck is like DLC. So, you might want to try the original maps first and then play these 6 new boards!  :)
Thanks very much guys! :beer: I'll bookmark it for after I've done that.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 02:53:14 pm »
screenshot 4 of 4 on the project page looks...odd. the left side looks glitchy and waluigi...why does his chest have censor bars? you don't have to freak out. those aren't the dreaded female nipples. (still don't get why female nipples leave some people so terrified...)

Ok Impala!

• View Profile
    • Ok Impala!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 06:45:34 am »
screenshot 4 of 4 on the project page looks...odd. the left side looks glitchy and waluigi...why does his chest have censor bars? you don't have to freak out. those aren't the dreaded female nipples. (still don't get why female nipples leave some people so terrified...)
Thanks for pointing that out. The screenshot got corrupted somehow. I'll replace it right away!  :)

GB-CG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 07:07:25 am »
That's intentional. The bottom left is a reference to TRG member Proton Jon's unusual prone to finding glitches/graphical garble in the video games he streams. A big chunk of the TRG (The Runaway Guys) board has references from Proton Jon's livestreams and of course, the TRG youtube channel.

Yuyukirby

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 07:13:33 pm »
That's intentional. The bottom left is a reference to TRG member Proton Jon's unusual prone to finding glitches/graphical garble in the video games he streams. A big chunk of the TRG (The Runaway Guys) board has references from Proton Jon's livestreams and of course, the TRG youtube channel.
I'd like to point out that Ok did not talk to the person who made TRG Land to include it in ths.