News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Translations: English Translation of Samurai Kid  (Read 1336 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: English Translation of Samurai Kid
« on: September 29, 2021, 06:21:29 pm »

Update By: marc_max

Samurai Kid is one of those little Game Boy Color gems that had been left untranslated until now!

In this cute Japan only GBC platformer, you will play as Prince Homura Maru, who needs to save the Kingdom of Hinomoto from the Demon King.
Surprisingly, this game is more focused on puzzle solving rather than action. Homura must turn enemies to stones, push them into switches in order to open doors and all sort of mechanisms. He also has access to three different weapons and other items that will be necessary to solve the puzzles.

The game was developed by Biox, and it uses the same engine as Daiku no Gen-san - Kachikachi no Tonkachi ga Kachi. It's mostly the same, but much better in every aspect. As a GBC-only cart, it takes advantage of the GBC extra power, allowing it for more detailed backgrounds and animations. Level design is quite remarkable as well. If you are a puzzle lover, you cannot miss this one!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

KobaBeach

• bad smw asm hacker, bad programmer (he/they)
    • View Profile
    • a little house in the savannah
Re: Translations: English Translation of Samurai Kid
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 04:47:31 pm »
Oh wow I saw a graphics rip of this on SMWCentral, did not know it was untranslated.

I'm terrible at puzzles as Sutte Hakkun demonstrated to me, so, gonna take this one with a guide at hand when necessary, that is, when I start it up. Hopefully the Japanese side of the internet has a few.
replace my bones with pocky and throw me down a stairwell

lastdual

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 08:16:25 pm »
Awesome! Discovered this gem last year and was wishing it had a translation. Looking forward to replaying it and actually knowing what's going on :woot!:

Swordjon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 12:49:18 am »
I remember seeing a really old review of this saying it was good. Nice to know it's finally translated.