News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Looking for someone to hack Breath of Fire IV JP version  (Read 625 times)

SpyroChr

• View Profile
Looking for someone to hack Breath of Fire IV JP version
« on: September 22, 2021, 07:19:37 am »
Hello, I got told by user "filler" to post this in here too. Here goes: like the title implies, I am looking for someone with the programming/hacking knowledge to hack the JP version of Breath of Fire IV (either PSX or PC) and insert the official English text, as well as some extra text in the ROM.

The reason for that is that certain scenes were cut out completely or partially from the ENG version, resulting in a less impactful experience compared to the JP version of the game.

Thankfully, I have a translation of these scenes in text format (thanks to Lazarus_DS), but I have absolutely no idea how/if they're even able to get injected into the game, along with the official ENG text, resulting in a complete ENG translation, with those extra scenes included.

TL;DR: I would like someone to hack the official ENG text, as well as the extra, censored text, in the JP version of BoF IV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 07:34:46 am by SpyroChr »

navarchos

• View Profile
Re: Looking for someone to hack Breath of Fire IV JP version
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 04:37:33 am »
I've dealt with BoFIII text extraction and insertion (PSX, Japanese and English), and I know a thing or two about how text is stored in BoFIV (PSX, English). I've yet to check out the Japanese version of BoFIV but I suspect the encoding won't be too dissimilar from BoFIII's Japanese encoding.
To be honest, I was planning to create an uncensored patch myself, but I would gladly help with this. As a disclaimer: I don't have that much free time, I might do this over the weekends. Feel free to contact me anytime though.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 07:01:33 am by navarchos »
Doesn't this just beat all?

SpyroChr

• View Profile
Re: Looking for someone to hack Breath of Fire IV JP version
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 07:56:10 am »
Hey. Sorry, I literally just read this. I'm gonna PM you the Word document containing the translations, and then you can start working on the project. There's literally no rush. It can take a month, a year, or even a decade. Thank you so much!