News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Koba does stuff (SMW for now, possibly SMB3 in the future)  (Read 340 times)

KobaBeach

• bad smw asm hacker, bad programmer (he/they)
    • View Profile
    • a little house in the savannah
Koba does stuff (SMW for now, possibly SMB3 in the future)
« on: September 22, 2021, 02:34:01 am »
Just a small dumping ground for my stuff.

A friend suggested I post things here, since I'm banned from SMWCentral for being an idiot. Psychotic break, it's all you need to know. Even then, I'm personally fine with being banned since I don't feel too attached to most SMW places these days, due to a lack of vibing with them. Much love to SMWC folk though, no animosity intended (still friends with a few mods).

ANYWAY.

Romhacks.

Boss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jhv2irHu7Q

Here is a boss I'm working on, it's very pre-alpha right now, just focusing on getting the code down as of right now before adding graphics and the like. It's inspired by VIP5's Ludwig. I'm adding attack patterns somewhat as I go along, but I do have a sort of plan for it in my head. Once its done I might use it for a hack and release it on my site for people to use on their hacks.

Also doing some basic ports, all unfinished for now, SPC700 player necessary (maybe Audio Overload is fine?):
Arc the Lad / Arc the Lad II - Battle 1 (sampled, vgmtrans export)
Arc the Lad III - Area Change (kind of offtune? vgmusic midi, might rework this with a vgmtrans export if possible)
The Legend of Heroes III: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch - Feels So Good (iirc based off the windows midi)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC - Sophisticated Fight (sampled, based off vgmusic midi)
Lunar: The Silver Star (MCD) - Field 2 (kind of offtune? need to use a piano app to help fine tune the notes, using a vgmusic midi)
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story - A Deadly Swordfight! (gbamusripper used, not very good imo)
Digimon Tamers (Koji Wada) - The Biggest Dreamer (based on a midi on youtube, not very good either)
Xanadu: Dragon Slayer II - La Valse Pour Xanadu ~Main Theme~ (doing this off of a video recording of the hoot player lmao)

Also wanted to make a port of SaGa Frontier 2's Roman since exporting it to MIDI is possible in vgmtrans, might use Romancing SaGa 3 samples for that one. Sadly not SaGa Frontier 1, older variant of Akao. Time to stockpile fan midis (there's a decent amount thankfully) and use the piano app on my smartphone to try and fix any wrong notes. I'd transcribe them by ear, but I don't have any musical training apart from my MML shenanigans so I'm very very VERY much a newbie. On top of that, I'm a stickler for accuracy.

I'm also planning on messing about with NoDice and the SMB3 disassembly in the future, I'm just too lazy rn. Did make a level once in SMB3 Foundry though:

EDIT: Gravity UberASM and Block, will upload this to my site soonish

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s9UlpUGiEM

EDIT 2: https://youtu.be/h3tAhF-AjRs

Mythical Land Serpentina from Zwei: The Arges Adventure complete? Kind of feels slightly offtune.
Download
SPC
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:14:48 pm by KobaBeach »
replace my bones with pocky and throw me down a stairwell