News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Quartet - A Retro-Inspired, Turn-Based JRPG  (Read 1626 times)

Felipefpl

• View Profile
Quartet - A Retro-Inspired, Turn-Based JRPG
« on: September 02, 2021, 09:27:32 am »
After seeing this game on kickstarter and inspired by Chronosplit's post i decided to post this here because it seems another game that deserves $$$ (now let's hope the devs wont run with the $$ from ppl) ;)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/somethingclassic/quartet-0?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-4
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000 Onboard

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: Quartet - A Retro-Inspired, Turn-Based JRPG
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 11:40:29 am »
Wanna get this one too, after a month and a half with no cash flow, my old spending habits are coming back in force. :laugh:

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 09:58:44 am »
Just under $2k to go with a week left. I hope they make it, even though it wouldn't be my kind of game. Also hope Sega didn't copyright the name of their arcade/Master System game...

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 09:43:22 pm »
Just under $2k to go with a week left. I hope they make it, even though it wouldn't be my kind of game. Also hope Sega didn't copyright the name of their arcade/Master System game...
That was my first thought too.

My second thought is that it's starting to seem like even though these projects seem to be reaching completion more often than they used to, it also seems like they generally don't live up to the hype. Have any of you heard of this earlier "Shadows of Adam" game before?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 11:22:19 pm »
i only know of them because one of the devs worked on The Way, this oldass variable quality RPG Maker series

thr

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 11:25:00 pm »
That was my first thought too.

My second thought is that it's starting to seem like even though these projects seem to be reaching completion more often than they used to, it also seems like they generally don't live up to the hype. Have any of you heard of this earlier "Shadows of Adam" game before?
yeah, Shadows of Adam isn't bad. kinda simple as far as rpgs go, but pretty fun. got it because the creator of The Way was involved in the development. sadly, in some respect it kind of feels like a regression from this ancient series...

and it's true most Kickstarter projects feel more like commisioned works, rather than products of 'love', talent and inspiration. feels like they're mostly just going down the checklists to satisfy donator tiers.
but the main goal of Kickstarter's scheme is to raise money, that's what the platform is for, so what do you expect. the best games aren't made for money, rather in spite of them, even if they do make a profit in the end.

Felipefpl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 08:31:47 am »
Phew! The game was funded!  :crazy: Now they are going toward switch.
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000 Onboard

MathOnNapkins

• Forum Moderator
  • Who ya gonna call
    • View Profile
    • Arc-Nova - Rohmackin' and Chiptunin'
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 05:06:06 pm »
Please put future Kickstarter related notices in our Kickstarter thread that is now stickied:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=16497.0

No one did anything wrong as that thread wasn't stickied for whatever reason. I'm just giving a general edict er, proclamation request.