News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mega Man 3: Wrath Of Wily  (Read 1170 times)

AVIX64

• View Profile
Mega Man 3: Wrath Of Wily
« on: July 21, 2021, 09:11:03 pm »
Greetings! This is my first full-length Mega Man hack (my previous MM hack was simply a boss rush version of MM2). So far, only Top Man and Needle Man's stages are finished. I'm planning on this hack to have changed boss AI, and possibly songs ported from MM4-6 (since they share the same sound engine as MM3 from what I've read, although, while a found a document showing where the music data for MM3 is, I can't find a document that shows where the location for the music data is for MM4-6, nor can I seem to find a method to find them myself, so if someone can help me out with this then send me a message. Thanks.)

Happy hacking!

kuja killer

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man 3: Wrath Of Wily
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 09:28:53 pm »
Looks pretty cool. :) I hope it turns out well.

I just have to ask if i may - any intrest in using Megaman 3 improvement before you get too far into your hack ?? (if you get too much done before starting from a base rom with mm3 improve, then it will gradually become less and less compatible, or eventually ...not work at all)

I'm planning to submit a version 2.3 to romhacking.net soon in a few days.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 09:39:57 pm by kuja killer »

AVIX64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 09:38:41 pm »
Looks pretty cool. :) I hope it turns out well.

I just have to ask if i may - any intrest in using Megaman 3 improvement before you get too far into your hack ?? (if you get too much done, then mm3 improve will be less and less compatible, or not work out at all)

I'm planning to submit a version 2.3 to romhacking.net soon in a few days.
Thanks! And I'll consider using MM3 improvement as a base.

Cyneprepou4uk

• I am the baldest romhacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 09:04:41 am »
Use Code/Data Logger in FCEUX to locate large music data locations.

AVIX64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 06:59:10 pm »
Hello everyone! I've decided to rebuild this hack on Kuja Killer's MM3 Improvement, and as I already considering on completely redoing two stages I had anyway, having to start over hasn't been a big deal.

Here's the new version of Needle Man's stage:

And also, while these were taken in the old version of the hack (I'll be re-implementing them), here's two new Doc Robots (kinda); Doc Bomb and Doc Skull:

The main reason I say kinda, is because they're pretty much just reskins of Doc Crash and Doc Wood respectively (although I did change their AI slightly to somewhat mimic their original MM1 and MM4 fights, Doc Bomb's Bombs explode instantly upon hitting any surface, and Doc Skull doesn't create the falling leaves).

Happy Hacking!

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 09:03:18 pm »
Looking pretty cool. I like it. Hopefully it's with the 2.3 version i just got uploaded yesterday - Not 2.22, otherwise it would force a restart, due to the fact that i re-wrote parts of the level data format. (multi paths, new slippery ice block type, boss door data)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 09:26:32 pm by kuja killer »

AVIX64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 09:33:55 pm »
Looking pretty cool. I like it. Hopefully it's with the 2.3 version i just got uploaded yesterday - Not 2.22, otherwise it would force a restart, due to the fact that i re-wrote parts of the level data format. (multi paths, new slippery ice block type, boss door data)
Thanks. And it is using 2.3.