News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: I do not know what else to do  (Read 1012 times)

Azvi

• View Profile
I do not know what else to do
« on: July 25, 2021, 07:03:46 am »
Hi everyone (sorry for my bad english)

I was trying to make a simple romhack just by swapping Super Smash Bros.64 textures, but the modified textures don't look right in game! I've tried every possible method and the result is always the same.

I don't know what else to do, theoretically it was supposed to be something simple and easy, but that's a mistake; can you guys help me how to fix it?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: I do not know what else to do
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 11:02:16 pm »
Someone could maybe help you if you could be more specific what "every possible method is" that you've tried and how they result in "modified textures don't look right".
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Azvi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 09:13:44 am »
right. I first tried it with the Project64 plugins but it didn't work. Then I tried manually making a patch through XDeltaUi and the result was the same as before (first I tried with the textures format in .png, and then with the .bmp format). Then I tried it with GE Editor, but the only textures available to edit were menus and backgrounds. My last attempt was using Bizhawk, but it not opens on my notebook no matter what I do!

I've done a lot of research but the only methods I can find are these. And the result of these methods was this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--VvgsZ_KLV7CxOPP6x7OhpYVlw5gFQo/view?usp=drivesdk

Sarah Shinespark

• Creator of Arcana: Seal of Rimsala
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 05:08:22 pm »
Looks like most of the documentation on modding Smash 64 is on N64 Vault. The wiki user JS64 there went on to make Smash Remix.
Oh, please edit your topic title and write your problem there, "Problem swapping Super Smash Bros 64 textures" or something. That way other users can find your topic easier.