News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari (River City Ransom) Localization Project  (Read 2476 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: FANS

This patch will restore the japanese version of River City Ransom, called Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari, using the plot, names and graphics of japanese game, replacing several sprites, managing to restore Japanese graphics to the characters. RCR names were replaced with DNM names (Alex to Kunio, Ryan to Riki…) and all the text were adapted, using the official script of PS4/Switch official translation. The title screen will remains the same, It’s a mess and almost impossible to change it only editing sprites. Also, ArcSys still uses River City in the new games, so there’s nothing wrong with that.

There’s a known problem in the arm of some enemies that will be white. If the color is changed, the eye of this character changes for this color too. For this reason, it will remains white.

For now, all River City/Kunio-kun beat’em up games are localized by community. Hope you enjoy.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Lusofonia

• My Discord: Lusofonia#3041
    • View Profile
    • Lusofonia's profile at "Fórum Unificado"
Congratulations to Fans for this release! By the way, do you plan on giving the same treatment to the rest of the Nekketsu games, such as Crash 'n the Boys? It'd be incredible to get all the Kunio franchise properly relocalized.
I am a pancake, you should be a pancake too

gcapeletti

• View Profile
Cool! I just hope you didn't change the "BARF!" line.

Dantk

• View Profile
So does this include all the changes from the Japanese version such as the multiple two player options, extra difficulty setting, and price differences?     

Jaz

• View Profile
Amazing work!!

If you decide to add more to this hack, here's a few items that would make it even more impressive:

- Title screen hack
- Removing the margin in the storyline screen
- Selectable 2 Players Mode B
- Original shop items
- Removing the decimal for prices

I hope someone can figure out the palette issue with odd tiles that couldn't be changed.

FANS

• View Profile
Amazing work!!

If you decide to add more to this hack, here's a few items that would make it even more impressive:

- Title screen hack
- Removing the margin in the storyline screen
- Selectable 2 Players Mode B
- Original shop items
- Removing the decimal for prices

I hope someone can figure out the palette issue with odd tiles that couldn't be changed.

I've tried to change the title screen , but it's a nightmare, the tiles are a complete mess!

The other thing, maybe it's easier to do a complete translate of the japanese game. My hack was only to adapt sprites, names and story text of DNM in RCR. It was my first hack, I'm still learning romhack.

I even tried to do a translate from japanese, but there's a lot of problems with the charactersthat I couldn't find in HEX, so, I did the actual hack instead the translate of original.

qb1120

• View Profile
I've tried to change the title screen , but it's a nightmare, the tiles are a complete mess!

The other thing, maybe it's easier to do a complete translate of the japanese game. My hack was only to adapt sprites, names and story text of DNM in RCR. It was my first hack, I'm still learning romhack.

I even tried to do a translate from japanese, but there's a lot of problems with the charactersthat I couldn't find in HEX, so, I did the actual hack instead the translate of original.
Wow, this was really impressive for your first hack!

I think the coolest thing would be to have the original shop item names. Perhaps you can simply look here and translate the text with google translate and then put the English name in the game. I believe more Japanese foods like curry are in the game.