First things first, please excuse me if I have made any errors in this post. This is the first time I've done this here, and I hope I have not broke any rules with this. If I have, I apologize.
Second, I want to thank both ded302 and snark for making an English patch for the NES game "Bloody Warriors: Shan-Go no Gyakushuu". However, as I was playing the game, I had noticed some things: untranslated text and errors in the English script. As a result, I decided to go over the game and do whatever I can to fill in the void as well as fix any grammatical errors in the game itself. So this could be considered an addendum.
It wasn't easy, though. I still can't get my head around this game's pointer system, so I had to fit in whatever I can within the allotted spaces of text in the game. I know I fit in a good portion of untranslated text, but I'm afraid there might be more that I might haven't discovered yet.
This is where I'll need some help.
I need beta testers to go over the game and FIND any untranslated text while playing the game. If you do find any, send me a screenshot and tell me where and hot this text appeared in the game.
The bugs where a couple of letters do not show up on the name selection screen for your main character is still present. I don't know how to squash that bug. I'm going to need some help with that.https://imgur.com/a/yHgCWPK
Here's a list of what I've done so far:
1. Find as much untranslated text as I can in the game and added it here in game
2. added the following tiles in the game: 's, 't, il, li, ll
3. Fixed as many grammatical errors in the English script that I can encounter
4. Translated the game's title as: "Bloody Warriors: Shan-Go Strikes Back"
This is what I might do in the future:
1. Change the game's English font
2: Re-Add the name of monster to the right box on monster battle screen. (I need to look for the code that's used to display up to six characters in the monsters' name for that.)
This is what I could use help with:
1. Beta test game to find any untranslated text
2. Someone to fix the name input screen bugs (the bug that was in ded302/snark's patch is still present here as I don't know how to fix that)
Current work-in-progress addendum patchhttps://www.sendspace.com/file/g0ouhz
The patches inside come in either IPS or BPS format.
This patch requires the use of a clean, unpatched ROM which does not have any modifications involved.
This patch requires the use of an already patched ROM which has ded302's patch already applied to the ROM itself.
As for why I chose to add both IPS and BPS files in the archive, they are for personal preference. Either version will work.
July 25, 2021, 04:57:39 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I wanted to post that I found the space where the monster names are located. From what I can see, ded302 had left blank spaces in that area of the battle menu where the monsters' names should be. This was from comparing his hack with the unhacked ROM. Now, I begin the task of adding the monsters' names in that area (in English) and try to make everything fit.
I'm glad I made that breakthrough as I've been wracking my brain over this for days now. My addendum patch will be updated as soon as I add the monsters' names in here.