News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1006232 times)

Griff Morivan

• The Hero of our Story...
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 09:46:03 am »
But Donkey Kong Country and SMW are almost nothing alike. The games were designed pretty specifically, and frankly, I wouldn't want to see the girl monkey in DKC. As for the animals, well... I admit, I don't know a ton, but good luck with that.
A return to the west.
A tale of romance.
A fight for his own destiny.

A Westward Tale

sb iq

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 03:21:55 pm »
What if someone made a level editor/creator for SNES version of Star Fox? That would be interesting.

Griff Morivan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 08:56:18 pm »
That would be awesome.

I still need to finish that game. I never did beat Star Fox. Beat SF64's ass, though.
A return to the west.
A tale of romance.

A Westward Tale

Killa B

• Fallen Angel
    • View Profile
    • Killa B
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 11:42:37 pm »
You HAVE to beat Star Fox when you get the chance. The crappiness of the Andross (was that his name?) model is too hilarious for words. It's amazing how technology has evolved (although I remember being blown away by Star Fox's graphics when I first played it)
I always dreamed of doing a Pokemon hack

Griff Morivan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 04:40:52 pm »
It's fuggin' hard on the PC, okay?!
A return to the west.
A tale of romance.

A Westward Tale

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 05:12:28 pm »
They made an SNES version, you know...
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Jedi QuestMaster

• About time, Photobucket--GOSH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 11:08:52 pm »
I had lots of trouble beating Star Fox on the Level 3 Difficulty, but everyone says it wasn't that hard. :-\

Here's an idea, a graphics hack of either Code Name Viper or Rolling Thunder and make it into Perfect Dark, I think that'll be pretty cool.
What I like about that is that in the comic that was included in the Official Perfect Dark Strategy Guide, Dark goes to South America to shut down a cyborg manufacturing plant.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 12:50:20 pm by Jedi QuestMaster »
And I'll leave it at that!

Nosuch

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 01:51:46 pm »
What I like about that is that in the comic that was included in the Official Perfect Dark Strategy Guide, Dark goes to South America to shut down a cyborg manufacturing plant.
For real?  Wow.  I was seeing the potential before, but that makes it even better.  How would one be able to condense some of Joanna's outfits down to three colors, though?
Well, he's just this guy, you know?

Jedi QuestMaster

• About time, Photobucket--GOSH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 02:41:35 pm »
Hmm... apparently the Game Boy version tells this story, but I haven't actually played it.  Anyone else have?
And I'll leave it at that!

MegaManJuno

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2007, 03:05:10 pm »
Hmm... apparently the Game Boy version tells this story, but I haven't actually played it.  Anyone else have?

Only about 5 minutes worth of it just to see what it was like before. I must not have been all that impressed with it, otherwise I probably would have played more of it...

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2007, 03:39:41 pm »
Gimmick! for NES has hacking potential, so does Kirby's Adventure, and other Kirby games too, simply for the fact that you could do so much with level design
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

realworksuks

• https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2007, 10:53:13 pm »
I would love to see harvest moon for the snes get remade (or any system really).  I've had dreams of it even.  The title screen was the same except instead of the red "harvest moon" sign it was blue.  The farm was south of the town in my dream..  There was a source of water on the east side of your farm that served as one of the borders, your house was right in the center of your farm but as far up as it can go, so there was nothing behind your house except just a border that cut off your farm area.  To the right of your house was the chicken coop, and to the right of that was the barn.  The town was redone, but still had the same charm. 

Heh, anyway yeah that was the dream I had (not even kidding this actually happened :P)  So i'd love to see harvest moon remade.
Check out my gaming Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 07:43:05 am »
I would love to see harvest moon for the snes get remade (or any system really).  I've had dreams of it even.  The title screen was the same except instead of the red "harvest moon" sign it was blue.  The farm was south of the town in my dream..  There was a source of water on the east side of your farm that served as one of the borders (fresh water that you could use to fill up your watering can), your house was right in the center of your farm but as far up as it can go, so there was nothing behind your house except just a border that cut off your farm area.  To the right of your house was the chicken coop, and to the right of that was the barn, below all of these buildings was a nice big field.  The town was redone, and still had the same charm. 

Heh, anyway yeah that was the dream I had (not even kidding this actually happened :P)  So i'd love to see harvest moon remade.

Dreams do come true? http://hmfotsforum.proboards42.com/index.cgi

realworksuks

• https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007, 11:21:14 am »
!  Wow I'm glad I said something.  It doesn't look like anything is done yet, but i'll be more than happy to wait!  ;D
Check out my gaming Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 11:25:01 am »
!  Wow I'm glad I said something.  It doesn't look like anything is done yet, but i'll be more than happy to wait!  ;D

Alots done actually, if you look at the update posts theres the graphics, townlayout, walktest demo, control layout, plot, and more.

ThingsWillBeDifferent

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 02:13:15 pm »
How about a hack of The SNES version of Final Fantasy 6 (FF3US) to add in all of the extra stuff from the GBA port while retaining the censored stuff (like the Celes beating)?

I don't know if it's feasible but it would be cooler to play through the remake with a better resolution and potential multiplayer.

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 02:17:07 pm »
SOME stuff from the GBA release is making it into THE Final Fantasy VI Hack, thankfully someone is already on this bad boy. WAY TO GO THE FFVI HACK TEAM!!!
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 02:20:32 pm »
SOME stuff from the GBA release is making it into THE Final Fantasy VI Hack, thankfully someone is already on this bad boy. WAY TO GO THE FFVI HACK TEAM!!!

I would look at the ffvi topic... If not for the size of the monster! And the fact I am over and done with final fantasy 6 and pretty much any other final fantasy game without the word "tactics" in there.

Griff Morivan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 04:00:41 pm »
Now, Piot, let's not forget that we all must ignore Tactic's retarded little brother, Advanced. Cause Addy is a little... Dah'hurff.
A return to the west.
A tale of romance.

A Westward Tale

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2007, 01:37:05 am »
*sigh* ye all be so closed minded.