News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2422625 times)

E.Signal

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #7260 on: January 23, 2021, 01:40:04 pm »
My ideas for a definite version of Streets of Rage 2 (Sega Genesis) with these changes:
- Mania difficulty, stage select, etc. available from the start
- Restore the stuff that was taken out the US version of SOR2 like Blaze's jump kick and Mr.X's smoking cigar animation
- More fluid and responsive controls like the ones in SOR3 and Remake. Things like running with Skate, punch combos, blitz moves and jumping around are just too stiff and unresponsive sometimes in the original SOR2.
- Add health refills after every wave of enemies on the elevators on stage 4 and 7. Stage 8 elevator has this already, so why not have it for the other two?
- Add running in any direction for all characters, it's a mechanic from Remake. This would be good for the mobility that the characters other than Skate lacks.
- SOR3/Remake style punch delay, the characters are just too slow when doing combos.
- Add the ability to control the direction of your jump like in SOR3/Remake.
- Improved hit detection, this always felt wonky. It's annoying sometimes when your attacks just go right through enemies like Jack, Bikers, Big Bens, Kickboxers, Ninjas and most of the bosses.
Character changes:
- Axel: Faster walk speed, i-frames on forward special
- Blaze: I-frames on her forward special and blitz, bigger hitbox and more damage on her blitz
- Skate: I-frames on his blitz and forward special, more range on his punch combo, the range is terrible.
- Max: Fine as is
Enemy changes:
- Galsia, Donovan and Signal: Fine as is
- Jack: Longer startup frames on his attacks
- Electra: Shorter hitbox on her jump kick and whip attack, shorter whip attack duration, it sticks out there for ages. 
- Barbon: Reduced grab priority
- Bikers: Reduced grab priority, shorter hitbox and longer startup frames on his punches
- Hakuyo: Longer startup frames on his punches, shorter hitbox on his fireball and jump kick
- Jet: Fine as is
- Ninjas: Longer startup frames on all his attacks, his jump punch should only hit once not multiple times, reduced grab priority
- Vehelits (The floating head in stage 3): The hit boxes when fighting this thing is inconsistent, sometimes you'll miss it completely and it will hit you instead even through you've hit him first
- Big Ben: Shorter hitbox on his flame attack, Get rid of the i-frames on the startup of his dive attack
- Abadede: Reduce the frequency of his breakout move, reduce the damage on all his attacks
- R.Bear: Reduced grab priority, Shorter hitbox on his punches
- Kickboxers: Longer recovery time on flying knee attack, longer startup frames on their kicks, they come out way too fast.
- Robots: Fine as is
- Shiva: Fine as is
- Mr.X: Fine as is   

« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 08:49:36 pm by E.Signal »

Kowalski

• View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: January 23, 2021, 02:31:31 pm »
One might argue that is not a bug but a feature, and one does not do moves too well but in fact not time them properly. Still enough of me being snarky.

LOL. Well, from the part that I understood in human language I can respond that it is indeed a bug as it has been corrected in the updated versions that were edited on newer consoles.

and from the other part, I barely can understand any of what you have explained. It seems complicated and nothing that could be solved easily. Anyways thanks for the answer, and if some fan with the time and knowledge wants to do that (I doubt it) i think it would be much appreciated by online kof warriors.

Thanks Fast.

Zetawilk

• View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: January 23, 2021, 03:56:55 pm »
This seems like a fun thread. We can just throw in any ideas, right?

Hacks I'd like to see include:
  • A translation patch for the GBC Star Ocean game.
  • A patch for A Link to the Past + Four Swords Adventure (GBA) to either negate the need to play FSA to unlock features in ALttP, or an extensive hack to simulate the single-player mode from the NDS limited edition re-release of FSA (GBA).
  • A hack of Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA) to recreate Final Fantasy III, but with the updated job class system.
  • A randomizer for the aforementioned "Final Fantasy III Advance" hack.
  • A hack for Final Fantasy IV that's compatible with its other hacks to remove that frustrating item limit. This applies to both the SNES and the GBA versions.
  • Colorization hacks for any old Gameboy games to create so-called "DX" versions. I haven't had a good look into the utility for this, but it looked complicated.
  • A multi-game randomizer in the vein of the Link to the Past + Super Metroid randomizer, except for the GBA, and maybe with Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow as well. Just a dream... I wonder what other sorts of GBA games would fit the bill with this.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 04:03:07 pm by Zetawilk »

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: January 23, 2021, 05:20:27 pm »
Adding colour to GB games tends to either be emulator level, tweaking to play nicer with the inbuilt palettes the GBC has (when you do a bit of finger magic at power one and get a colour scheme that way), actually turning the game into a GBC one (not the sort of thing you have a utility for as much as a fairly involved hack but one within reason), and I suppose you could also make it a super game boy game ( https://loveconquersallgam.es/post/2350461718/fuck-the-super-game-boy-introduction ) but I have never seen that done and don't expect to.

Multi game randomisers work on the SNES with those games by dint of a quirk of memory and setup. Most GBA games that are not multi pak games will then struggle with that one. If you wanted though you could probably get a nice emulator that speaks Lua and have it detect room change/death/just be on a timer/whatever and fire savestates around to fake it.

I should also note that The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition is a DSi game, not a DS one. That does change a few things there.

Item limits can be fun to work around (between finding free memory, fiddling with the saves, and dodging the existing handling/checks there are enough things that can be really tedious to work around), though frankly between managing it and fat chocobos then I did OK when I played it.

Four swords bonus dungeon without actually doing four swords. I have contemplated such a thing for quite some time (though as it is only a meh dungeon and I don't much care about link to the past it has remained contemplation). Might make for an interesting hack though if you are learning such things.
I would find a save with four swords done but you having not paid off the old guy guarding it yet.
Set a break on write for your money supply and go pay him. Should pop up saying this changed it. Somewhere preceding it will be the location of the flag that it reads to see if you completed four swords. If you wanted to make a cheat that trips this flag then OK, could even hardcode it with GBAATM, possibly also with a conditional code so you can't walk there from the first moment you can physically get there.
If doing it properly I would change this to some suitable late game item (or maybe something fun like all four bottles) -- the read command that seeks the four swords complete flag should be easy enough to change for an inventory location as both will be in RAM somewhere and the compare command likely after it will be easy enough to change here to match what the inventory value will be. Can change the text as well if you like to give the player a hint.

If a save in such a scenario is hard to find you do have other ways -- whatever loads the text saying you need to be worthy will be somewhere in the little routine that checks to see if you completed the four swords bit.
Alternatively if you have a save that does not have four swords done and one that does (maybe a save before and after the final boss in four swords) then you will probably be able to find the flag that the game uses that way.

Reminiscon

• View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: January 25, 2021, 01:14:25 pm »
I have an idea/request.

Taking this song and converting it to asm format for Gameboy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT0uxnA1eKU

Kowalski

• View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: January 25, 2021, 02:14:48 pm »
OK. Now I really have it. The romhack that I have requested has been already done by some chinese team.
They have done a romhack that fixes the diagonal missed inputs that are failing in the original kof98.
Now the problem is that they have modded the game so much that it can be considered another game. That game is Kof98ae2016.
I have tried to move some roms from one zip to the other and some are interchangeable, and the game works and some graphics are replaced from one another.
But I dont know In what rom of the zip file is the part that recognizes the inputs.

With this new information is there a way to make this thing possible? Is there information somewhere about where are the neogeo inputs stored in the roms?

thanks guys.

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: January 25, 2021, 06:36:07 pm »
So, a new prototype for the first NES DuckTales game has recently been discovered, and it turns out the famous Moon theme used to have a more fleshed out beat in the Noise channel:

https://youtu.be/IjX9S4jpJSw

Perhaps this version of the theme can be hacked into the final game (retaining the final tempo, of course).

Masked Dedede

• what
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7267 on: January 27, 2021, 01:37:34 pm »
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, change the Undine and Scylla (Skula) enchant souls to become ability souls
Bottom Text

yolomate

• View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: January 27, 2021, 03:33:28 pm »
a idea: Batman Returns SNES Co-op  ::) :thumbsup:

Lusofonia

• My Discord: Lusofonia#3041
    • View Profile
    • Lusofonia's profile at "Fórum Unificado"
« Reply #7269 on: January 27, 2021, 07:10:31 pm »
How about a hack of International Superstar Soccer Deluxe that restores the menu option that allows you to rename the players? There's already a utility at this very same website that I submitted that can do this, but it's not the same.
"If you can't do everything,do everything you can"

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #7270 on: January 27, 2021, 11:54:45 pm »
 4 player co-op Kingdom. Add characters from Bloodstained COTM2. 'nuff said.
Insert "Witty Text" here.

LargoLaGrande1

• View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: January 28, 2021, 03:57:00 am »
Mega Man X1 and X2 gameplay tweaks

A more balanced, practical Hadouken & Shoryuken - backport vertical dash to previous games
Both secret moves are way to cool to be a very late game one time use gimmick only

My ideas:
- remove the 1 hit kill property for both of them, less damage is more fun = more practical to use
- no full health restriction
- make them accessible from the start without obtaining any capsule upgrade

- cut the Shoryuken attack hight in half
- remove the silly high pitched voice file from the Hadouken in X1
- make hadouken visually more interesting aka maybe bigger?!

Optional
- back port the Shoryken to X1 and the Hadou to X2 additionally

- back port vertical dash to both previous games
- add knock back or stun property to Hadou and Shoryu for a more fun experience
- add a small start up invincibility window for vertical dash, Hadou and Shory

* Shoryuken for sure and Hadouken might be having sprite problems because they were never intended to be usable from the start. X would probably be in his full armor during the whole attack cycle.
My very quick solution for this would be to make both more like a nova strike from the ultimate armor (yellow ex versions of the moves during animations) to cover up the fact he's in full armor as a quick fix?!

These game play tweaks would make X1 & X2 feel fresh again. A more practical approach to both secret attacks would be a blast.
As a fghting game fan, I would really enjoy these two.

Additionally a better version of the 'high jump' aka the vertical jump (upgrade for X3) right from the start would be a very fun new move to open up more play styles
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 08:49:31 am by LargoLaGrande1 »

Vesta

• View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: January 28, 2021, 07:06:50 am »
Hello, sorry if i am writing in wrong section:) I have a concern about Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Balanced Edition hack. The .rar file is corrupted after downloading. Does anyone has this issue?

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: January 28, 2021, 09:58:14 pm »
I downloaded it and took a look, it opened fine for me.

ToHell

• View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: January 29, 2021, 07:29:36 am »
Hello dear forum, I would be happy if someone could reinsert the room with the bar that was removed from SOS. It would also need text translated and changed. I think this game is already quite innovative and if this censorship removed again it would have more quality.

https://tcrf.net/SOS_(SNES)#Regional_Differences

LargoLaGrande1

• View Profile
« Reply #7275 on: January 29, 2021, 08:51:04 am »

Mega Man X1 and X2 "Hadouken & Shoryuken" gameplay tweaks

A tweak for a more balanced, practical Hadouken & Shoryuken -
additionally a backport for X's iconic vertical dash (introduced in X3) to the previous two games

To be hones: both secret moves are way to cool to be late game, one time use gimmick only.

My ideas:
- removal of the 1 hit kill property for both of them, less damage is more fun = more practical to use through the game
- no full health restriction
- accessible from the start without obtaining any capsule upgrade

- cutting Shoryuken attack height / vertical range in half
- removal of the silly high pitched voice sample from the Hadouken in X1
- reworking hadouken to make it visually more interesting (larger, red?!)

Optional
- back port the Shoryken to X1 and the Hadou to X2 additionally if it can be done

- back porting vertical dash (from X3) to both previous games, no capsule upgrades needed

- knock back or stun property to Hadou and Shoryu for a more fun experience
- a small start up invincibility window for vertical dash, Hadou and Shory

* Shoryuken (for sure) and Hadouken might be having sprite problems because they were never intended to be usable from the start because they're end game content. X would probably be in his full armor during the whole attack cycle.
My very quick solution for this would be to make both more like a nova strike from the ultimate armor (yellow ex versions of the moves during animations) to cover up the fact he's in full armor as a quick fix?!

These game play tweaks would make X1 & X2 feel fresh again.
A more practical approach to both secret attacks would be a blast. As a fghting game fan, I would really enjoy these two.

Additionally a better version of the 'high jump' aka the vertical jump (upgrade for X3) right from the start would be a very fun new move to open up more play styles in the previous x games
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 07:10:06 pm by LargoLaGrande1 »

SegaSnatchers

• View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: February 01, 2021, 09:38:56 am »
I have a relatively simple hack idea.

RBI Baseball for NES. 

- Speed up fielders.   

I've always felt that the games biggest weakness is how slow the fielders ran, I feel the game would play a lot better if the fielders were more useful and didn't walk like turtles. 

gamingcat02261991

• View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: February 01, 2021, 08:12:57 pm »
I had this dream where someone made a hack/translation of Tamagotchi Park for Sega Saturn to celebrate the series' 25th anniversary in Japan. What this would have entailed involved both changing the Japanese text into English and replacing the Japan-exclusive Tamagotchi and replacing them with their English-exclusive counterparts.

bukopandan

• View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: February 02, 2021, 11:21:37 am »
Auto acceleration patches for racing games without holding down a button for games such as Mario Kart and all racing games in general, call me lazy, but it sucks holding down a button just to accelerate, just one push of a button should be enough for both acceleration and braking, it will also help prevent controller buttons from breaking such as button rubbers getting stuck or misaligned inside the controller which sometimes causes double input in one press and causes muscle pain between the thumb and index fingers especially when holding two buttons at once for a long period of time (ex. In Mario Kart 7, holding down both the Y and A buttons makes the player accelerate while holding a single koopa trooper shell which is frustrating, makes the hand muscles sore), Hopefully it becomes possible one day.     
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 09:12:31 am by bukopandan »
My Youtube Channel where I demonstrate my mad video gaming skills. Kekekek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: February 02, 2021, 12:25:31 pm »
An interesting idea, but one I have to wonder how well it could work in practice.
I had found that tapping the accelerator button to slow down in the original F-Zero was far more effective than the brake button, and I think later F-Zero games even removed braking entirely? Preferring to instead make the two main buttons accelerate and turbo (after the turbo mechanic was also changed after the first game).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018