News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2051921 times)

dcengine

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6740 on: July 17, 2020, 12:07:44 am »
alright i dont know the limits of hacking so these might be all "lol thats not gonna happen" ideas

1. snes nba jam te - add music during matches like the arcade
2. snes gunforce - faster bullet speed and all weaposn unlimmited ammmo to give it a more contra feel, increase speed overall
3. snes jurassic park 2 - same. all weapons unlimited ammo.
4. snes run saber - strider hack, including the cypherblade sound effect
5. snes secret of mana - remove the charge to 100% mechanic on attacks, make it more like seiken densetu3 battles
6. snes dracula x - add richter's SOTN moves, increase walk speed. maria playable
7. snes zombies ate - evil dead hack! or at least make sprites less cartoony
8. snes dragon ball z 2 - add the QOL changes of DBZ3 like the faster charging, (and  well faster everything actually)

my other wishlist is mostly "add a 2 player co-op mode" to any game possible. especially ones that already feature co-op in the arcade version like magic sword, undercover cops or parodius.

gameseeker86

• View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: July 17, 2020, 01:03:32 pm »
Idea voluntarily removed.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:22:45 pm by gameseeker86 »

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: July 17, 2020, 07:41:33 pm »
Can some one translate Rockman L (last) on NES please to english i do think its a good mega man hack. And if any Proto man fan's could switch the sprites of mega man and proto man and scenes when mega man gets new powers for beating a boss to proto man getting them (could use other proto man hack scene's) You could have a new Proto man game. With fighting mega man as a sub boss be for you fight most of the 8 new robot masters. I can only wish this happens.. .
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 01:21:31 am by MathOnNapkins »

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
Re: Rockman L in English?
« Reply #6743 on: July 17, 2020, 10:41:21 pm »
this has nothing to do with programming

Masked Dedede

• what
    • View Profile
    • YouTube:
« Reply #6744 on: July 17, 2020, 11:15:12 pm »
Akumajou Densetsu, make the character system like the Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon games.
"Genocide is just another game. It doesn't matter whether it's humans or Makai residents." - Yuuka Kazami

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: July 18, 2020, 03:43:00 am »
I would like to see re-translation hacks for Pokemon Red, Blue & Yellow that will change the main script to be a lot closer to their Japanese counterparts.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 12:07:21 pm by SCD »

Entroper

• View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: July 18, 2020, 03:28:34 pm »
SNES "The Firemen" (either version) -- make it so the axe man is controllable by a second player, akin to the Secret of Evermore patch that enables the dog.  Fun game but it would be so much moreso if you could play it 2P simultaneous.

E.Signal

• View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: July 18, 2020, 05:08:17 pm »
I'm surprised a rom hack for this game hasn't been made yet ...... The original Bubsy for the SNES and Sega Genesis is a brutally hard game, but for the wrong reason .... the cheap 1 hit deaths. Everything you touch kills you in 1 hit. Busby II fixed that problem by allowing you to be hit 3 times before you die, If the original Bubsy had this, the game would be a lot more enjoyable and less frustrating.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: July 19, 2020, 02:09:50 am »
Personally, I don't think it was that bad.
1 hit death wasn't that uncommon in those days, and there were certainly far worse games.
The cat dying to almost everything was kind of its gimmick though. (along with giving nine lives.)
I didn't think it was that unfair (though I probably played like three worlds in at most, over half the game).
You really have to use the Glide button to get more reaction time (and also remove fall damage) to stuff, I think.

Though I'm aware it's not exactly a perfect game either. I have seen video of one badly placed checkpoint where if you don't defeat the enemy next to it first, Bubsy can spawn in an infinite death loop.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Viewer

• View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: July 19, 2020, 05:26:24 am »
Personally, I don't think it was that bad.
1 hit death wasn't that uncommon in those days, and there were certainly far worse games.
The cat dying to almost everything was kind of its gimmick though. (along with giving nine lives.)
I didn't think it was that unfair (though I probably played like three worlds in at most, over half the game).
You really have to use the Glide button to get more reaction time (and also remove fall damage) to stuff, I think.

Yeah, but Sonic at least let you curl into a ball so you could keep your speed without immediately dying when you ran into something (not even counting the rings). Also, the glide? Works just fine until you run into an enemy or projectile at your height or *slightly* higher - in which case, you dead. Bubsy's speed is unbalanced compared to how vulnerable he is - if you let go of the glide at the wrong moment and collide with an enemy you couldn't see? Dead. Fall on a cactus, into a pit or into water that you couldn't see? Dead.

It could have used some more QA time, is my point.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #6750 on: July 20, 2020, 02:39:56 pm »
Thunder Force 2 (MD) improvement
-Add the map function to overhead levels from the X68K version as a separate screen which also shows your current location
-Add the speed adjustment feature from Thunder Force 3 to both overhead and sidescrolling levels
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 02:45:40 pm by PresidentLeever »
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: July 20, 2020, 02:45:10 pm »
An overhead NES game with this control scheme:

I would think the start and select buttons can be put to better use if an emulator has a pause function already on it. The only problem would be playing the game on an actual NES Console. You'd have no way to pause the game. However, imagining an 8 Bit Castlevania game where you could move up, down, left and right while still being able to have a character that functions the same as in a side scrolling mode would be pretty cool if it was doable.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 03:25:10 pm by johnny »

IAmCaptPlanet

• View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: July 21, 2020, 05:24:39 am »
a hack for SNES Doom (and any other FPS on SNES for that matter) that would add a "dual analog" mode would be great

have the dpad - move/strafe, have Y&B to turn left and right, hold L for run and R to shoot, X change weapon and A accep/open

i know you can do it however in a emulator, but it would be cool for people who use actual hardware (similar could be done for GBA FPSs too!)

Mattrizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: July 21, 2020, 07:26:57 am »
1. snes nba jam te - add music during matches like the arcade
The issue is that the announcer lines take too much space in the SNES's 64KB of audio RAM to have decent quality music. The quality and/or quantity of these samples would need to be sacrificed. However, this would be possible without sacrifices using MSU-1.

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #6754 on: July 21, 2020, 07:38:56 am »

I would think the start and select buttons can be put to better use if an emulator has a pause function already on it. The only problem would be playing the game on an actual NES Console. You'd have no way to pause the game. However, imagining an 8 Bit Castlevania game where you could move up, down, left and right while still being able to have a character that functions the same as in a side scrolling mode would be pretty cool if it was doable.
If you used a stage generator to make CV stages like Double Dragon, your idea doesn't seem so far fetched. Several CV's have already been made similarly in OpenBOR. I think the easiest way would be to use DD2 as the base rom, and just swap all sprites, background pallete, and music with those of CV. NES Richter as P1 and CV2 Simon as P2. As for changing the attack schemes, Dark function should work fine for new animations, although I don't yet know how to implement them into NES.  8)
Insert "Witty Text" here.

Butterhands

• View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: July 21, 2020, 10:37:15 am »
A way to swap analog and D-Pad controls in the WII VC channels.

Poppler

• View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: July 21, 2020, 05:08:02 pm »
- A hack for Contra III: Alien Wars to fix the missing floor bug after the fire scene in Level 1 (surprised nobody has fixed it yet). Could be merged with the SA-1 patch.

- A hack to be able to choose not to lose weapons after a hit in Axelay.

drax01

• View Profile
who can?
« Reply #6757 on: July 21, 2020, 06:35:20 pm »
Good afternoon, I really enjoy hacks, I wanted to know if someone could do a mortal kombat 2 hack with fatalities and ladder.

Also do a simple hack of donkey kong country 4 removing the "4" and the game from the jungle book, rather leaving only donkey kong country.

Thanks.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: July 21, 2020, 07:28:11 pm »

Hold jump button to kneel, tap to jump, problem solved.

Butterhands

• View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: July 21, 2020, 08:59:54 pm »
Seriously... Nobody know how swap the D-PAD and analog stick mapping in the N64 VC channel in the WII? (Not WIIu)