News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1684132 times)

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
    • 8-bit fan's Hacking Projects
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6400 on: February 21, 2020, 04:46:13 pm »
I have an idea. Actually it's a game that I really enjoy and would like to see something like this happen.

Demon Sword for the NES.
The version we got in the US was, as usual, a butchered watered down version of the original JP game, The Legend of Acala. However, it did have some upgrades that made certain aspects of the game better than the JP counterpart in some ways, such as the health meter, etc.

I'd like to see someone with the skills to COMBINE the best parts of both versions and create an ultimate version of the game. Here's a breakdown on each versions advantages IMO:

JP:
Six more stages and more bosses.
More items and spells.
Longer cut scenes.
Passwords.

US:
Health meter.
Difficulty(?)

Cheers! :beer: :thumbsup:

8-bit fan
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...
http://www.8bitfan.info/
FF4 Ultima Discord: https://discord.gg/4MqjwJt

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: February 21, 2020, 09:06:04 pm »
It only remains to restore the character's original colors.

gameseeker86

• View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: February 23, 2020, 02:53:53 am »
Idea: Cybernator (SNES). No gameplay pause during dialogue. Alternatively, no dialogue at all during gameplay. For those who just want to shoot 'em up without disruptions.

Idea: Final Fantasy VII (PS1). Aeris remains playable until the end of the game, despite her death.

Idea: Super C (NES): Enable Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A Start) to add 30 lives, like the predecessor Contra game

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: February 23, 2020, 10:52:40 am »
I think it was Nintendo that requested game makers to make some games harder for the US release to curb games being rented from Blockbuster and beaten over the weekend so that you would be compelled to buy the game after renting it if you wanted to beat it. It is why Castlevania III is harder than Akumajo Densetsu.
I don't see why Nintendo would care what happens to third-party games.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: February 23, 2020, 04:24:04 pm »
Idea: Final Fantasy VII (PS1). Aeris remains playable until the end of the game, despite her death.
Surely you're aware that there are already numerous ways of achieving that already, mainly using the Debug room or various Gameshark codes?

Idea: Super C (NES): Enable Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A Start) to add 30 lives, like the predecessor Contra game
And you're aware that the code still exists but only gives 10 lives, right?  (I assume it's probably trivial to change that from 10 back to 30, but again, why not just use a Game Genie code or something instead?)

February 23, 2020, 04:27:46 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Can you make a patch that:
- replaces the Title screen's chatter by original Japanese version
- switches W2 and W3 letters, while replacing "Kuribo" by Goomba
?

This patch should be compatible with already available patches for SMAS and SMAS+W.

You know you've already posted about this twice, right?
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=28218
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=3282.msg380527#msg380527

If you are so determined to make this happen for some baffling reason, you should learn to do it yourself.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

gameseeker86

• View Profile
« Reply #6405 on: February 24, 2020, 01:05:17 am »
New Idea: English translation patch for Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon (PlayStation 1)

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: February 25, 2020, 12:36:55 pm »
An idea regarding Advance ports of Final Fantasy games: All-In-One Optimization Patches.
Why is that? Well, there are a lot of bugfixes and improvement patches for them, but getting to apply them all is an exercise in patience and gambling with the possibility of that not working, and for games like FF6A that have a lot of patches that we don't know if they are all or not compatible with each other... It is kind of a necessity.

We already kind of have something like that for Super Metroid (with Super Metroid GBA Style), so... Why not?

Of course, bugfixes in one file, improvements in another, both in the same zip and an instruction to apply them.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: February 25, 2020, 12:53:12 pm »
I don't see why Nintendo would care what happens to third-party games.

There was an exclusivity deal with NES games so every game sale was profit for Nintendo. They sued Blockbuster to prevent game rentals in the US, since it was already banned in Japan, but only walked away with them banning game manuals to be included in the rental.

There's a reason they called those games "Nintendo hard."

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: February 25, 2020, 08:35:23 pm »
Suggestions to improve Mega Man Zero (GBA) games:
General:
→ Make the one-line text box that appears during action partially transparent as to not obstruct the gameplay.
→ Add a camera pan if you hold up/down while standing outside a cutscene for 3 seconds.
→ Make score requirements more lenient.
→ Remove permanent score penalty for Cyber Elf use (up to 3, since 4 fixed it).

Zero 1:
→ Remove the "blind falls" in the Factory stage. Maybe add some ground.
→ Increase time limit by 30 seconds in Protect the Factory OR move a couple of bombs to be more en-route (not "off-screen")
→ Halve "EXP Requirement" for weapons.

Zero 2:
→ Halve "EXP Requirement" for weapons.
→ Make it possible to unlock multiple forms at once.

Zero 4:
→ Improve Tractor Beam by making it charge normally rather than only when absorbing bullets.
→ Reveal all recipes without having to go through trial and error.

Optional:
A modification to remove major design flaws like requiring A rank for some unlocks and weapon level.

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: February 25, 2020, 09:58:25 pm »
Joker and Harley Quinn Monster in My Pocket Hack

Shadowman621

• View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: February 26, 2020, 01:58:20 am »
I know this already exists but it's not in ips and I have no clue how to patch it.

A hack for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance that lets you earn JP and buy abilities like in the original Tactics

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: February 26, 2020, 02:10:22 am »

SkyLizardGirl

• Flooower
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #6413 on: February 27, 2020, 08:54:51 pm »
ALL MEGA MAN NES Music Replaced with Enhanced Gameboy Game Music, from gameboy sequels 1 to 4.

(MEGAMAN Enhanced Project)

----- 
Megaman -1:   
Title Screen Music Replaced with Megaman-1 Gameboy game theme and after defeating a boss 'weapon get' themes replaced also.

All Level Music from gameboy games Levels replacing all the NES rightful Level themes.
example:  Cutman's Old theme replaced with the Gameboy version's Cutman's Level music theme and so on, the same with every other Megaman boss level.

All the Boss music from Megaman-1 gameboy game replacing the Old NES boss music.

The in-between level inside Skull fortress theme replacing the very final fortress level theme in the NES version.

-Lastly, Somehow the Gameboy version Skull Fortress Map is inserted into the Megaman game between levels with a level map graph with gameboy
fortress music theme.

-----   
Megaman -2:   
Title Screen Music Replaced with Megaman-2 Gameboy game theme After the usual building climb scene sequence.  and after defeating a boss 'weapon get' themes replaced also.

All the Megaman 2 music level music replacing all the the Mega man 2 level themes,

all the boss battle music replaced by the gameboy game's version also.

The Skull fortress Megaman-2 gameboy theme replacing the Megaman Nes 2 Skull fortress theme.

The last level music in Megaman-2 gameboy game replaces the very final level's music before the last boss Wily and just before the Boss transport Chambers.   
-----

Megaman- 3.
Title Screen Music Replaced with Megaman-3 Gameboy game theme and after defeating a boss 'weapon get' themes replaced also.

The Skull Fortress Map theme replaced with the Gameboy Megaman-3's Skull Fortress Theme.

Mid level 'game-boy MM3' Skull Fortress in-between level theme replacing the 2nd Skull Fortress level's theme only.

Most the music in 3 is accurate as is.

-----   
Megaman- 4. 
Title Screen Music Replaced with Megaman-4 Gameboy game theme and after defeating a boss 'weapon get' themes replaced also.

Final level to Dr. Wily that music is replaced with the final stage in the Gameboy game Megaman 3's Submerged fortress final level theme.

Boss select music of Megaman-4 Gameboy game replaces Megaman-4's NES Boss selection theme.

Any additional unused in-between Music in Megaman-4 gameboy is added an replaces some themes before the final fortress level with the submerged fortress theme.

Wily's fortress theme is also replaced with gameboy megaman-4's games version.

Final Battle with Wily Music replaced also with gameboy game Megaman-4 version.

-----
Megaman- Spinoff for Megaman 5's Gameboy game on the NES.

(Megaman Galaxy) - 1 possible idea title for game.

Some kind of super hack which makes the Megaman 5 Gameboy game 'an NES reality' with everything implemented and copied from
the gameboy game RE-MAKING the Megaman-5 Gameboy game as it's own game spinoff title - and not taking Megaman 5's title on the NES.

The idea is to Use Megaman-6's Rom format to build it on, unless using Megaman-5 rom.
This would be considered a Super hack.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 06:13:45 pm by SkyLizardGirl »
Blaster Master Hacker

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: February 29, 2020, 05:26:57 am »
While playing through Mega Man Zero today I came to realize something...
The Mission Score system, more specifically Elf Usage, is bugged!
Here's what should have been default behavior:
Use Elf in mission or right before the mission, only the amount of elves used then will be counted. So if I use 2 elves in the previous mission, 3 before the current mission, and 1 in the current mission, it should count that I used 4 elves and give me the corresponding penalty.

However that is not happening! Instead, every elf used at any point is counted and gives a corresponding penalty while claiming you used no elves whatsoever. It can go so badly your post-mission Title can become "Buggy", and there are elves and content permanently lost due to this bug (requiring a fresh start to fix it)

So, here's some ideas on how to fix it between Z1, Z2 and Z3:

PLAN A: Elf stays in the Mission Status, but without the penalty at all, in this case serving only as an "extra info". This would involve increasing something else's value so 100 points should be possible in all missions.

PLAN B: Elf stays in the Mission Status, but only elves used during the mission are counted and gives its corresponding penalty. Any used outside the mission is out of the math. That would mean making it so each elf costs 5 points (since the max for no elf used in 2 is 15, that means using 3 would down that to 0)

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: March 02, 2020, 08:56:27 pm »
ALL MEGA MAN NES Music Replaced with Enhanced Gameboy Game Music, from gameboy sequels 1 to 4.
Is there something that leads you to believe that the Game Boy music is enhanced somehow..?

Someone recently referred to the Mega Man II GB soundtrack as "bizarrely high-pitched, off-key, and extremely grating compared to pretty much any other Game Boy game".
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: March 02, 2020, 11:29:10 pm »
At the least Game Boy supported stereo I believe while NES only supported mono.

Yes, the GB MM2 is known for being bad, but fortunately Capcom either developed or hired a better studio for the other games to give them more reasonable music.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

MegaManJuno

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: March 03, 2020, 10:34:12 am »
In the case of Mega Man II for GB, I recall there was some talk about it here some time ago.

The compositions themselves aren't horrible. It's pretty much that they are too high-pitched. I recall in the previous discussion there was someone on YouTube at the time that had posted what they sounded like when dropped an octave, or something along those lines.

If I recall correctly, I think there was discussion about trying to modify the ROM to change the pitch, but nothing ever came of it back then. Just did a search here and it looks like someone finally did end up getting around to trying to fix it.

Edit: ...and I'm just realizing now that's the same link Jorpho referenced. :)

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: March 03, 2020, 10:20:30 pm »
Hack Ideas: Doug (Nickelodeon) and Hellraiser NES games based off of Nightmare on Elm Street. Will post the Doug sprites soon. Thinking about doing a Hellraiser sprite sheet just for shits and giggles. I tried to recreate the screen shot from the "lost Hellraiser game" (left and middle). The one in the middle was one I found on a site about the game they were going to make in the late 80's / early 90's. The one on the right was one I found online that someone else made. Idk if it was official or not.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 11:31:16 pm by sil3nt_j »

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #6419 on: March 04, 2020, 06:45:54 am »
 Hellraiser would be great. It's about time someone did a game for it. And I have played the multitude of hacks of Friday the 13th. I would much prefer to see a hack of Nightmare on Elm st.  :thumbsup:
Insert "Witty Text" here.