News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1429291 times)

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5060 on: August 05, 2018, 02:19:44 am »
I still want to see a hack for the N64 port of Mortal Kombat Trilogy that will extend the memory space of the ROM to 64MB, this way someone can restore all the missing PSX/Saturn content back to it.

I also want to see these hacks as well:

A color hack for the arcade port of Marvel Super Heroes that will change the default colors of Shuma-Gorath for his sprites, portraits, intro and ending to his green colors and make his pink colors as one of his alternate colors.

A hack for the American version of Super Mario Deluxe that will add all the improvements from the Japanese version to it: https://tcrf.net/Super_Mario_Bros._Deluxe#Regional_Differences

Undub hacks for Brave Fencer Musashi & Tail Corcerto.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:00:35 am by SCD »

mamertos

• View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: August 05, 2018, 04:56:00 am »
Ogre Battle: The march of the Black Queen (SNES):

- In the JAP version of the game (Densetsu no Ogre Battle), you can press select button in a battle to open a window with tarot cards features in its own menu. I don't know why this was remove in the US version since is very helpful to check tarot cards effect in a battle. So my idea is to restore that feature from the JAP version.

LuckxD

• View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: August 06, 2018, 02:51:34 am »
I think Demon's Crest is perfect, except for one little thing: menuing

It would be possible to use L or R to cycle through the transformations and flames? Or a more simple menu like in Shantae dances?

talos91

• View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: August 06, 2018, 10:56:47 am »
We really need fully colorized versions of the Megaman gameboy games, a few have tried:
https://youtu.be/SYaQtlUt3JQ

Animation Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: August 06, 2018, 12:22:33 pm »
We really need fully colorized versions of the Megaman gameboy games, a few have tried:
I've been waiting a long time for someone to do this.

Saw the title of the video here, and it gave me an idea of my own.  If anyone ever colorizes the Gameboy Mega Man games, can you also throw in the title screen change to Mega Man WORLD so there isn't that title confusion anymore between these and the NES games?

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: August 06, 2018, 04:34:09 pm »
And the GameBoy Castlevania games.

Animation Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: August 06, 2018, 04:44:51 pm »
And the GameBoy Castlevania games.
Those exist, actually...

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2473/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2474/

But as long as we're on that topic, there's a slight bug in these autoboot hacks.  if you soft-reset (A/B/Select/Start), it boots you out into the Konami GB Collection title screen.

mushguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: August 07, 2018, 08:48:02 am »
Here's an idea I've always wanted to see in a Pokémon hack: There are already a good number of hacks of Pokémon BW and Pokémon BW2, however there are yet to be hacks with all the downloadable content hardcoded into the rom, such as C-gear skins and Musicals. The latter would make it a lot easier for us to finally rip the Musical BGMs into the 2SF format and make the 2SF sets finally complete. Has anyone thought of giving this a try?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:30:57 pm by mushguy »

dACE

• View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: August 07, 2018, 11:45:31 am »
But as long as we're on that topic, there's a slight bug in these autoboot hacks.  if you soft-reset (A/B/Select/Start), it boots you out into the Konami GB Collection title screen.

That’s not a bug - it’s a feature 😃.

/dACE

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: August 07, 2018, 03:23:58 pm »
I wouldn't mind seeing a retranslation of both Illusion of Gaia and Sailor Moon Another Story (the latter's reason is because I feel like that translation's a little stale and flat to me).

Animation Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #5070 on: August 07, 2018, 05:24:26 pm »
I would just like to see Sailor Moon Another Story proofread.  There were quite a number of instances of "should of" throughout that entire script.
:banghead:

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: August 07, 2018, 05:35:46 pm »
Someone should make a mega project in translating every single WonderSwan & WonderSwan Color game in existence, particularly the Digimon games, kinda like how Psyklax is doing with the Early Famicom games, and the Master System/SG-1000/SC-3000 games.

The only games that have been translated so far, that I know of, have been that Megaman & Bass 2 game that was only exclusive to the WonderSwan. 

tyrannies

• View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: August 07, 2018, 05:56:05 pm »
I wouldn't mind seeing a retranslation of both Illusion of Gaia and Sailor Moon Another Story (the latter's reason is because I feel like that translation's a little stale and flat to me).

Yes, please! I loved IoG as a kid, but upon a recent replay the game's text didn't hold up very well for me now that I know better.

There is a recent stab at a retranslation, but for some reason they renamed Will to "Tim," and some of the grammar and punctuation is a bit off.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: August 07, 2018, 05:57:50 pm »
I wouldn't mind that either. I mean the Ryo stories are suppose to be important and we need to know how they fit in with both Digimon Adventure & Digimon Tamers.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: August 07, 2018, 08:10:39 pm »
I've been interested in the Wonderswan for a little while now, it would be cool to have some more translation work done for it, from what I remember didn't the thing have some kind of homebrew community way back? surely there's plenty of info still hanging around that could be used to modify existing games.
Sleepy's Album of the week|| Nick Johnston - Remarkably Human || https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7W3JvZBJQ

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: August 07, 2018, 09:52:52 pm »
^Supposedly, there's a flashcart for the WonderSwan, and someone from the Obscure Gamers Assembler Games forums discovered an original SDK for the handheld. Can't remember if it was for WS, or WS Color.

Edit: Found the link about the SDK, I think.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:02:51 pm by John Enigma »

Mugi

• Personal text
    • View Profile
    • Blacklabel-translations
« Reply #5076 on: August 08, 2018, 07:22:16 am »
Here's a romhack i've been wanting to see for a while, but honestly  I have no idea how doable or how much work it would be.

incorporate the circus level from solbrain into shatterhand raising the number of levels from 5 to 6.
(or vise versa, i just like shatterhand more than solbrain, shoot me :P)
In PSP we trust.

pocket

• View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: August 09, 2018, 03:15:59 am »
Has anyone ever tried to make more accurately colored sprites for the Koopalings in Super Mario World and Super Mario All Stars?   I know people have fixed Bowser, but I've never seen it done for the Koopalings. They were super off based in Super Mario World especially. At least Super Mario All Stars gave them somewhat proper body colors, but in Super Mario World you had stuff like green Morton, Blue Roy, and Yellow Ludwig.

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: August 09, 2018, 08:38:32 am »
The only games that have been translated so far, that I know of, have been that Megaman & Bass 2 game that was only exclusive to the WonderSwan.

There are several others, such as Dicing Knight, Megaman EXE WS, and Makai Toushi SaGa, as well as a few unfinished ones.

I've actually translated a large amount of Digimon: Tag Tamers (storyline, items, menus, compressed graphics, probably 70% of NPC/villagers). I ran into some ASM related issues that I've been meaning to ask for help here for. Hopefully I'll have some time to finish it up in the near future.

zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: August 09, 2018, 02:13:37 pm »
Now that the beta for Michael Jackson's Moonwalker has been dumped, can it's "Thriller" BGM be put into the final version?