News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1417955 times)

John Enigma

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5040 on: July 30, 2018, 04:16:15 pm »
Two things, in which one of them will never happen:

1. Expand the memory of Final Fantasy I*II for the Famicom/NES to include AstralEsper's Final Fantasy Restored hack, and Chaos Rush's Final Fantasy II translation. I've yet to know if this can be done.

2. This one is homebrew stuff: a Super Metroid-like sci-fi platformer for the Sega Genesis. I ask for this because I found it weird that Sega never had an answer towards that game.

IAmCaptPlanet

• View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: July 30, 2018, 05:27:45 pm »
a patch that adds camera controls to OoT would be cool

use the d-pad!

i heard that the code for camera movement still exists in the game

it may just have issues with wall clipping and such

(also, goes without saying that this would be great for MM too!)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: July 30, 2018, 05:37:04 pm »
Jurassic Park (SNES)

Add SRAM saving to the game.
The game itself already has some sort of checkpoint system running, you touch one of the motion sensors in the overworld, you can respawn there when you lose a life. Perhaps these things could be used for making the SRAM saves.

The game itself is quite long if you aren't speedrunning it, it could very well take over and hour to get things done even if you know what you are doing. Having a SRAM system for it would greatly circumvent the greatest obstacle the game has.

I can't recall how many times I tried to beat this game as a kid, replaying the game again and again only to fall short on the last 20~ mins of it.

thepatrickinator

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: July 30, 2018, 07:09:55 pm »
I'd like to have a Dash Patch for Final Fantasy IV! It's a patch where you can go anywhere and dash using a certain button and nothing more.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: July 30, 2018, 10:51:08 pm »
Guilty Gear X: Advance Edition [GBA]

Color tweak on stages to be closer as the original.
Make it more "Gamepad Friendly". Seriously, I can't do a Tyrant Rave because of the input lag. And GG Petit does it almost easily.
Make a "Stylish" Auto Combo Mode, taking GGXv1.5 as base.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: July 30, 2018, 11:56:59 pm »
Phanto in SMB2 to always follow you.

mamertos

• View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: July 31, 2018, 05:41:01 am »
Wild Guns (SNES):

- Change cursor color for player 2 since both, player 1 and 2, have the same blue color.

werewolfslayr925

• View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: July 31, 2018, 11:53:18 am »
This one is homebrew stuff: a Super Metroid-like sci-fi platformer for the Sega Genesis. I ask for this because I found it weird that Sega never had an answer towards that game.

Considering nearly all of Sega's "answers" to Nintendo games were subpar at best, I would like/prefer to see what someone in the homebrew community can do to push the Mega Drive with a Metroidvania game.
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.

- complaint in the margin of a medieval manuscript

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #5048 on: July 31, 2018, 12:02:14 pm »
Wild Guns (SNES):

- Change cursor color for player 2 since both, player 1 and 2, have the same blue color.

At first I thought "wow, at last, a simple and easy-to-do change that might improve the game". Then I checked a video and, er...

https://youtu.be/VH2I_QQa2Po

Am I wrong, or are the two players using pink and blue reticles, as well as having the 1UP and 2UP icons in different positions? :huh:

mamertos

• View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: July 31, 2018, 01:09:48 pm »
At first I thought "wow, at last, a simple and easy-to-do change that might improve the game". Then I checked a video and, er...

https://youtu.be/VH2I_QQa2Po

Am I wrong, or are the two players using pink and blue reticles, as well as having the 1UP and 2UP icons in different positions? :huh:

You're right, but the pink recticle displais only when you got a new gun. Other minor difference is that the player 2 cursor flickers all the time. The solution could be to change that insane flicker effect for a permanent color instead, green for example.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:24:38 pm by mamertos »

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: July 31, 2018, 02:28:15 pm »
Considering nearly all of Sega's "answers" to Nintendo games were subpar at best, I would like/prefer to see what someone in the homebrew community can do to push the Mega Drive with a Metroidvania game.
Yeah.

Also, I specifically mention a Metroid-like metroidvania platformer, because the Sega Genesis already had their own Castlelevania game called Castlevania - Bloodlines/Castlevania - The New Generation.

Gary_Oak

• View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: July 31, 2018, 04:57:24 pm »
While playing Shantae for the Game Boy Color, I found it inconvenient for attack and running to be mapped to the same button (B). It would be nice if running could be enabled by default on the status/options menu (something akin to auto-run in most 90s FPS games).

Another good thing would be for the field of view to be zoomed out as I find the game to be a bit claustrophobic in terms of navigation. A mini-map screen could work as well.

Thermoptic

• View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: August 01, 2018, 09:11:50 am »
In the romhack "Super Mario Unlimited" https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/875/ they managed to include the boost bounce jump from Smb3 that you get when you land on an enemy and hold the jump button. Does anyone know if there is a clean patch that only includes this super jump? Or maybe someone that could make this hack and release it? Would be perfect to combine with other hacks.

Thanks!

tyrannies

• View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: August 01, 2018, 02:11:29 pm »
Hi there! Popping in to request a difficulty hack for Lunar: Silver Star Harmony on PSP. I remember buying it when it came out, then putting it down immediately because it was way too easy. A shame since this remake looks gorgeous.

Maybe not as crazy difficult as Working Designs' releases of the Lunar games back on the PS1, but something more balanced.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:20:01 pm by tyrannies »

JJohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: August 01, 2018, 05:15:20 pm »

9.  SMB with graphics from later games has been done many times

11. Check out BS Zelda for a 16 bit Zelda 1 experience

12. Not SNES, but MegaMan 1-3 have 16 bit versions on Genesis/MD

13. There are pirate Donkey Kong country NES games, not very good though

15. Tecmo Bowl has plenty of roster based hacks

16. There is a pirate MegaMan X3

17. Super Mario Bros is on Sega Genesis/MD, that's as close as you're going to get

20. There's already a decent Yellow pirate that has been further enhanced and translated on the NES

21. There's already a Sonic pirate on the NES

Thanks for the reply.  I found the Tecmo Bowl hack.  Is there a specific SMB with 2 / 3 graphics rom you'd recommend?  And any Jeopardy / Wheel of Fortune hacks?

And is there a Mario 1/3 hack with Toad and Princess as a playable character?

August 01, 2018, 09:14:56 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Is there a hack for Super Mario (NES), SMB3, or Super Mario World adding Toadstool, Princess Peach, and/or Daisy, Wario, Waluigi?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 09:14:56 pm by JJohnson »

dark-tower

• View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: August 02, 2018, 09:49:20 am »
Kunio Kun no Nekketsu Soccer:
can "1p"  be the "gk" in story mod, decides just the pass or shot teammades??? it will be very sadisfying for who loves to be the gk!!!

Combusto Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: August 02, 2018, 11:53:23 am »
how about make Mighty the Armadillo for Streets of Rage 2?

dme3adam

• View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: August 04, 2018, 08:42:58 am »
So how was it??? By this date & time... Hope we can really edit/modify the game graphics!

I really love to make Freya's attack pinkish or prismatic colored, make Frei by mixing her sprites to Freya's sprites colored to brown, or maybe for the best replace Freya's sprites with Valkyrie's sprites so we can see Valkyrie floats (jumping sprite) teleports & attacks (blocking & pushing, backdash sprites) just as powerful as Goddess Freya.

I also like to replace Valkyrie's Spread Shot & Tri-Blast arrows sprites with circle/oval wisp sprites from Freya's attack or Nibelung Valesti explosion, replace Infinity Blast with bluish Aiming Wisp (Llewelyn's), and every arrows attack with sound similar to Prismatic Missile.

I also would love to use Hrist/Dark Valkyrie's sprites & palette. THERE WAS A YOUTUBE VIDEO ENTITLED: "Valkyrie Final Secret" BY USER: cuongeke, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X0f1qFE8cig. I don't know how he hacked Dark Valkyrie or if it's really a game's secret or bug feature.

It would also be great if we can change Brahms' & other characters' as well to use their winning pose as their fighting/battle stance... I also... etc...!!!

JJohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: August 04, 2018, 11:19:41 am »
My idea: Mortal Kombat Trilogy for SNES, with Khameleon, Chameleon, Cyber Smoke, Human Smoke, MK1/2/3 ninja costumes as options depending on the button you press when selecting the character.  Includes Ermac, Rain, Noob Saibot, Jade, Tanya, Tremor, Skarlet, Frost, Triborg, and Ruby, along with the regular characters.  Costumes are selectable via the button you press on the character.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #5059 on: August 04, 2018, 08:09:36 pm »
My idea: Mortal Kombat Trilogy for SNES, with Khameleon, Chameleon, Cyber Smoke, Human Smoke, MK1/2/3 ninja costumes as options depending on the button you press when selecting the character.  Includes Ermac, Rain, Noob Saibot, Jade, Tanya, Tremor, Skarlet, Frost, Triborg, and Ruby, along with the regular characters.  Costumes are selectable via the button you press on the character.

I'd stick with Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Sure, it's not the SNES, but it's hard to beat. Here's my review:
https://youtu.be/DfoH9AJ0oLI