News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 828609 times)

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #4740 on: March 08, 2018, 11:19:59 am »
Recently I found out that Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies has DLC... That is now gone for good! Unless you use a save editor. Perhaps it is time someone makes a romhack for that game that defaults DLC to unlocked on a save, and also a simple tool to convert current saves to work with the romhack itself. Maybe have a sort of RNG that randomly adds guests every, say, 30 minutes to an hour.

Ar8temis008

• View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: March 08, 2018, 03:14:59 pm »
Recently I found out that Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies has DLC... That is now gone for good! Unless you use a save editor. Perhaps it is time someone makes a romhack for that game that defaults DLC to unlocked on a save, and also a simple tool to convert current saves to work with the romhack itself. Maybe have a sort of RNG that randomly adds guests every, say, 30 minutes to an hour.
So sorta like SMA4's e Reader content?

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: March 08, 2018, 06:48:07 pm »
So sorta like SMA4's e Reader content?
Yep, sorta like SMA4's E-Reader content. It's known it is possible to inject save data with the "DLC" content, but since NDS Wi-Fi Connection service is dead, the only ways I know to get the "DLC" content is to join someone else's quest or hack it into the save.

papermanzero

• View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: March 09, 2018, 08:07:50 am »
Gunstar Heroes has one issue which makes the game for several people unplayable.
The top bar flickering if the health is low is hurting some eyes (friends, kids etc complained about that).
Can someone do a patch to change the color only from blue to red without the flickering.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: March 10, 2018, 09:41:45 am »
You know, since SMA4 had all the e-reader content put back in the Wii U version of the game, I was wondering if any other game with the e-reader feature should get this treatment as well.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: March 10, 2018, 09:13:42 pm »
You know, since SMA4 had all the e-reader content put back in the Wii U version of the game, I was wondering if any other game with the e-reader feature should get this treatment as well.

Most other things were unlocks more than content.

Have a read of http://ereader.no-intro.org/index.php if you want.

GizmoX64

• View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: March 12, 2018, 09:39:04 am »
Hello, not sure where to post this, but it is a request.

I've been searching on and off for a few weeks, looking for a IPS or code to disable a sound.
A sound for the most annoying, rage inducing, throw your controller across the room, kind of sound.
The damn horse in Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar!
My wife plays this game A LOT, and the horse breathing, whinnying, chuffing, is just driving us BOTH mad.
It's her favorite game to play, and it's the only sound that's so irritating.
(Yea we don't mind the kid saying "Hey, Hey, U, U" as he toyals on the screen.

I've looked up for IPS hacks, cheat codes, etc. and there is not much for HMGB.
Now I mod other games, (Civ, TES, CoH, etc..) but this IPS stuff is beyond me, like LUA programming.

I'd love it if someone could make it so the horse makes no sounds, with a IPS I could patch over the ROM.

Reminds me of the Skyrim horse, breathing in my ear while I sell to the Khajiit, modded that real quick.

Thanks for reading.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #4747 on: March 12, 2018, 11:27:17 am »
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (PC, 2015) improvement & bug fix hack ideas:
-Skippable cutscenes and staff roll
-Start with some money and less grinding for money early on plus emelas later on
-A bit harder final two bosses
-Make the lunge forward timing a bit more lenient or make the tedious jumps that lead to backtracking if you fail easier (black tabula, limewater cave)
-Somewhat longer invincibility time (can die very quickly to certain enemies that you wouldn't expect to die to currently)
-Make gear sellable
-Less trial & error (clues for finding the pikkards that wandered off, clue that you can search bodies, slower or removed projectile attacks from off screen,
clues to the 14 missable items, make the wing not work at points where you'll want to exit a room normally to trigger the next event)
-A bit softer level/gear gating
-Fix the bug where the female allies get stuck while climbing stairs on the romun ships
-Somewhat faster magic regeneration at lower levels

:beer:
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: March 12, 2018, 12:11:26 pm »
I'll be honest with Policenauts. I like the game, but I feel that this needs an English fandub at least. If anyone's willing to do a fandub project of the game for those that want to hear the English dialogue in the game, I wouldn't mind. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if the Snatcher PC Engine game gets a redub or something if it gets a translation (for those preferring PC Engine than Sega CD version).

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: March 12, 2018, 06:41:37 pm »
Hello, not sure where to post this, but it is a request.

I've been searching on and off for a few weeks, looking for a IPS or code to disable a sound.
A sound for the most annoying, rage inducing, throw your controller across the room, kind of sound.
The damn horse in Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar!
My wife plays this game A LOT, and the horse breathing, whinnying, chuffing, is just driving us BOTH mad.
It's her favorite game to play, and it's the only sound that's so irritating.
(Yea we don't mind the kid saying "Hey, Hey, U, U" as he toyals on the screen.

I've looked up for IPS hacks, cheat codes, etc. and there is not much for HMGB.
Now I mod other games, (Civ, TES, CoH, etc..) but this IPS stuff is beyond me, like LUA programming.

I'd love it if someone could make it so the horse makes no sounds, with a IPS I could patch over the ROM.

Reminds me of the Skyrim horse, breathing in my ear while I sell to the Khajiit, modded that real quick.

Thanks for reading.

Is that a DS game?

If so then the vast majority of them use the SDAT audio format and such things are pretty easy to edit, far more so than most systems before them. Not sure what Tinke has for it these days but it was heading in that direction. I would normally go manually and generate a SMAP file and edit things accordingly but you might just be able to get it done with only graphical programs these days.
I did something like it for Nanostray 2 once and muted all the (very loud) sound effects but that was actually a slightly special case -- https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-hacks/download-nanostray-2-sfx-muting-patch-1-0-f31556.html
Alternatively it is not entirely different to some of the sound swaps ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/audio-swapping-question.122534/#post-1634138 ) in that in both cases you will be editing the SDAT header but don't read too much into that link if you are not familiar with hacking in general as that is for sequenced audio (and was before I really appreciated what the audio banks did so as to swap those too, more worked example with that in my hacking docs http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,14708.0.html).

To that end assuming it is not buried in a massive SWAR archive (though even then you are certainly not without options -- rip the audio with something like vgmtrans and tell me what the offending file is called and I will see about helping if it is going to be that) you can possibly just set the volume of the bothersome clip to zero and while it will still "play" you will obviously not hear it.

Normally I would have a look myself but I am lacking time right now and probably won't be back for a day or so.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: March 12, 2018, 09:28:44 pm »
There's something that always bugged me in the Genesis/Mega Drive port of Mortal Kombat.

Except The Courtyard, every theme is misplaced because The Throne Room BGM is absent.
The Continue BGM and Reptile victory BGM are in the Palace Gates. That results in:
Warriors' Shrine having Palace Gates.
The Pit having Warriors' Shrine.
Throne Room having The Pit.
Goro's Lair having High Score BGM (known as "in the Beginning...")

Compare those themes with the Arcade, they're misplaced by one stage.

Here's my idea:
Leave the Courtyard intact.
Palace Gates with SEGA!Warriors' Shrine.
Warriors' Shrine with SEGA!The Pit.
The Pit with SEGA!Throne Room.
(because they're their original themes on the arcade)
Throne Room with SEGA!Goro's Lair or SEGA!Palace Gates.
Goro's Lair with SEGA!The Pit

The Pit Bottom with SEGA!Palace Gates (because it has the arcade victory jingle).
Test Your Might intro with the unused Track 15, who is its arcade.
Test Your Might result with the SEGA!Test Your Might intro.
Continue Screen with SEGA!Palace Gates theme, not the outro.

That music hack would be necessary until someone composes the missing BGMs and somehow insert them into the ROM.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: March 13, 2018, 02:01:57 am »
There is quite of number of games back in the 90s that could use a fandub, translating is one thing but a few of those games didn't have subtitles for various cutscenes.

ultimate15red

• View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: March 13, 2018, 04:37:27 am »
-Super mario bros deluxe release on nes with no screen crunch
-battletoads mode B added to the game
-castlevania symphony of the night with saturn extras on the ps1 version( also fast transitions for the game over screen)

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: March 13, 2018, 08:09:08 am »
So, I was playing Guadia Quest Saga in Retro Game Challenge 2 and it had me thinking how cool it would be if someone hacked Pokémon or Dragon Quest Monsters into a Guadia Quest fangame. To cooperate with any daring soul, I provide you with the stats and sprites for every Guadia in the game

(for some reason, the Light version of GameGuadia and its ascension are twice in the game)

zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: March 13, 2018, 02:19:28 pm »
-Super mario bros deluxe release on nes with no screen crunch
-battletoads mode B added to the game
-castlevania symphony of the night with saturn extras on the ps1 version( also fast transitions for the game over screen)

SMBDX had a nice map screen a better Luigi sprite and animated lava/water.  Having those features on the NES version would be a welcome addition

PersianImm0rtal

• View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: March 13, 2018, 04:13:45 pm »
Leading Company (1993) for Super Famicom needs a translation

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: March 13, 2018, 10:06:00 pm »
SMBDX had a nice map screen a better Luigi sprite and animated lava/water. Having those features on the NES version would be a welcome addition

Same here, I always wanted to see a hack for the NES port of SMB that adds all the exclusive GBC content to it.

Another Genesis game that really needs a arcade color hack is Burning Force.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:34:18 am by SCD »

pocket

• View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: March 13, 2018, 10:19:26 pm »
I'd like to see a hack of Kirby's Dreamland 3 that lets Kirby retain some momentum when he starts flying.
All the other games allow him to retain at least a little bit of momentum when he takes flight, but DL3 is the only game I know where he stops dead in his tracks if the player decides to fly mid jump. It drives me nuts and probably keeps this otherwise solid game a little lower on my list of fave SNES games than it deserves to be.

mikael43

• View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: March 14, 2018, 08:34:02 am »
hello, would it be possible to make a hack ofcolor to recolour the courses of Street fighter 2 Turbo on SNES to make them resamble to their counterparts of World warrior thank you all in advance and if someone wishes if leaned his will be a true blessing even if it is true that it may seem futile.

JinRay

• View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: March 14, 2018, 01:50:23 pm »
Hi i would Love when someone could put the Road Avenger Intro Musik in the Road Blaster PSX/Saturn Version . The Sega CD intro Music is just so mutch better than the PSX /Saturn Intro Music

Road Avenger Sega Cd Intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CNf3luFiLw

Road Blaster Intro Saturn /PSX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ojS7ljwp40