News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 642096 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #4380 on: November 10, 2017, 10:35:11 am »
Speaking of that thread, for Star Ocean 2 it would be neat to make voices occur less often in battle.  Everyone has something to say with everything every time and it all happens at once, from the very beginning of a skirmish on.  It can get grating at times, especially with the english VAs.

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: November 10, 2017, 01:46:46 pm »
I got an idea for a Super Metroid hack. This music track plays only once in the game, when you're about to fight the first Torizo. I suggest that the game should be hacked to have it play during the following moments:

• In Dragon's introduction, while the Evirs are flying around before Draygon himself appears.
  • During the Golden Torizo's initial appearance, ala the first Torizo.
  • Ridley's introduction in Norfair.

Mysterii

• View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: November 10, 2017, 05:12:51 pm »
Well I do have one in mind so to speak: an overhaul of Sonic Shuffle due to several factors:

• Confusing/Frustrating minigames
  • Unhelpful minigame instructions
  • Cheap AI
  • LONG Loading screens
  • Bad Character models and animations

As well as a sort of balancing to make it a bit more like Mario Party:

• Set Paths
  • General Minigame balancing
  • Must need 20 rings to get the Preciousstone, akin to getting a Power Star with 20 Coins
  • Make the AI match the difficulty (Easy being practically dumb, Medium being normal, Hard being smart)
  • Prevent AI from stealing your cards, unless they have an item to do so

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: November 11, 2017, 04:34:54 am »
Speaking of that thread, for Star Ocean 2 it would be neat to make voices occur less often in battle.  Everyone has something to say with everything every time and it all happens at once, from the very beginning of a skirmish on.  It can get grating at times, especially with the english VAs.

I like this idea better, if there was a way to make the game use battle shouts less often rather than removing them entirely would be ideal.

Several JRPG games like this require it.

phantomhackers

• View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: November 11, 2017, 06:51:51 am »
this is cool, thanx for the information. :crazy:

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: November 11, 2017, 07:13:24 am »
So, there's this PS1 gem called Zanac X Zanac that has never been translated except for maybe the PSN release. but that ain't the only idea I had (More really because only the retro Zanac in Zanac X Zanac is what needs to be translated), because part of the idea I had is of making it so weapons in Zanac do not have an ammo restriction and some sort of difficulty selection for MSX and NES releases.

lionhats

• View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: November 12, 2017, 09:23:26 am »
How would one start going about hacking a game like Gauntlet/Gauntlet 2?

I'd like to replace them with Pokemon characters, im decent at pixel art but have no clue where to start romhacking! I've always wanted a Pokemon Gauntlet clone, and Rumble is okay but this would be BALLIN'

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: November 12, 2017, 10:25:16 am »
I would like to see a hack for Mario Kart: Double Dash!! that will replace Diddy Kong with Donkey Kong Jr., he was originally planned to be included in the game:

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: November 12, 2017, 11:24:31 am »
I would like a Werewolf: The Last Warrior for NES hack which adds many improvements to Gameplay and Level Design, making the game less unfair and broken.
You'll see what I mean when you play it.

bman83

• View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: November 15, 2017, 01:59:55 am »
Hi,

STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3....

Has anyone seen a hack where the secret characters and modes are available instantly?

I know you are supposed to leave the game running... but honestly who has time for that?
There are also operator codes in the service menu.

BUT ... I was looking for a hack that has hard coded these options into the rom. Anyone seen one? Anyone think they could code this ?

cheers Bman

IAmCaptPlanet

• View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: November 15, 2017, 04:13:05 am »
we need a patch that sticks the GBC game Wendy Every Witch Way into "Forced GBA mode"

it was made by WayForward (the guys that did Shantae) and has a whole secret world available only when the cartridge was played in a GBA

you can change the settings in VBA to GBA mode, but that option isn't in VBAGX on the Wii, and anyways it would be simpler to have it where you didnt have to change settings to get it to play

it plays a lot like VVVVV that indie gravity reversal game. anything WayForward touches is golden!

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: November 16, 2017, 01:38:34 pm »
Man, I swear, the more I see and play the version of Wolfenstein 3D for the GBA, the worst my sadness gets when I realize this version had the potential to become the best port of the original Wolfy in a console if it weren't for the unfinished music code. xD

Damnit Stalker Entertainment, you had one job. xD